• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Not are...but were. That cup was 14 years ago. Getzlaf was 22!! Like I said, if you going to deprive a youngster of ice time and development, it better be with someone who has any kind of future and can give more than washed up Getzlaf

Why? Rebuilds over. Time to win. Experience and know how are needed. Perry has been kicking ass the last couple years away from Anaheim.

The term "gamer" is likely overlooked by those who think anyone over 30 is of no help. Not every roster player needs to be a Ranger lifer.

There are players who have consistently flipped that switch and simply play better when more is on the line. Brendan Smith is an example. The players being mentioned have this ability.

I don't think Buch is gonna be here so that will change the shape of things. As far as puck retrieval, that's exactly what Kakko's game is.

The next coach is not going to allow the same east west shit DQ did so I think it remains to be seen what they need as a complementary winger.

Any new coach is going to give the offensive players more freedom.

You’ll see less dump and chase, but they still need the big body that creates space in their line. Kakko seems to be more of a cycler, which isn’t Panarin and Strome.

Do you guys think players around the league dont see the Rangers as a team that could potentially contend in the next year or 2?

Getting rid of Quinn and Dolan indicating he wants to win sooner than later is definitely going to get older guys more interested.

I actually see Kakko as just a much better offensive version of Fast as it relates to his role on that line. Great on the boards, defensively responsible, relentless on the puck.

I actually see Kakko as just a much better offensive version of Fast as it relates to his role on that line. Great on the boards, defensively responsible, relentless on the puck.

I think with a new coach, and another year of experience under his belt we may just see a breakout year from Kakko, Pete.

I'm telling ya man, I think this kid has Selke written all over him...I called that shit last year!! I was drunk as hell, but I still called it!!

Does that still count??? :rofl:

I think with a new coach, and another year of experience under his belt we may just see a breakout year from Kakko, Pete.

I'm telling ya man, I think this kid has Selke written all over him...I called that shit last year!! I was drunk as hell, but I still called it!!

Does that still count??? :rofl:

He really does, actually.

I know Kakko hasn't been a worldbeater as expected, but the difference between 2019-20 Kakko and 2020-21 Kakko was colossal. If he's capable of that sort of year-to-year growth, it gives me a lot to be excited about.

He literally went from "worst defensive player in the NHL" to "analytics say he's a Selke guy". That's bonkers growth.

I know Kakko hasn't been a worldbeater as expected, but the difference between 2019-20 Kakko and 2020-21 Kakko was colossal. If he's capable of that sort of year-to-year growth, it gives me a lot to be excited about.

He literally went from "worst defensive player in the NHL" to "analytics say he's a Selke guy". That's bonkers growth.

I really liked his play this year, G. He wasn't afraid to play along the walls, and if he can put on some muscle over the next couple of years, he's going to be even more of a force! I think we may have struck paydirt in him being that 2-way, play making digger for the top 6. :thumbs:

What's kinda crazy about the Selke is that it's usually won by a center. I can't even remember the last winger that won it...Maybe Lehtinen back in 2003, and he won it a couple of times before that I think?? Before that I think we're back to the Bob Gainey days in Monteral!!

But yeah, I'm totally on the Kakko bandwagon. The kid's got game, I just wanna see him get a little stronger, and play even harder!

If he could develop into a Guy Carbonneau type of player, which is fair, that would be rad.

I really liked his play this year, G. He wasn't afraid to play along the walls, and if he can put on some muscle over the next couple of years, he's going to be even more of a force! I think we may have struck paydirt in him being that 2-way, play making digger for the top 6. :thumbs:

What's kinda crazy about the Selke is that it's usually won by a center. I can't even remember the last winger that won it...Maybe Lehtinen back in 2003, and he won it a couple of times before that I think?? Before that I think we're back to the Bob Gainey days in Monteral!!

But yeah, I'm totally on the Kakko bandwagon. The kid's got game, I just wanna see him get a little stronger, and play even harder!

I've said it before with him and I'll say it again - he listens to feedback and implements it. Whatever he's done over the past two years, he's willing to work and improve, and that's an attitude that tends to pay off more in the long haul than exceptional innate talent.

It wasn't just analytics saying it either. It was evident with the eye test that he was very strong on the backcheck and coming away with the puck in battles and tighter spaces.

Plenty of room on this bandwagon, G man!! I'll order some pizza, we'll be here a while!!! LOL :cheers:

Man, I'd say let's order some Finnish food, but I don't know fuckall about the food of Finland besides "they eat reindeer".

They know how to have a good time though - happiest bandwagon on earth, let's go!!

Man, I'd say let's order some Finnish food, but I don't know fuckall about the food of Finland besides "they eat reindeer".

They know how to have a good time though - happiest bandwagon on earth, let's go!!

Yeah I'll pass on the reindeer burgers! Let's go with the Jagermester then!! Oh wait, that's German...ahhh Fuck it!!! That's close enough!! :rofl:

Yeah I'll pass on the reindeer burgers! Let's go with the Jagermester then!! Oh wait, that's German...ahhh Fuck it!!! That's close enough!! :rofl:

The Finns apparently drink something called "the Finnish Long Drink", which is basically gin and soda.

They're also big on Aquavit and Glogg.

finland is awesome. join the bandwagon

You guys are going to be so mad when he’s traded this off season

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah, I will be. It'd be a near-colossal mistake.

Hell - look at the deals for top 5 picks in the past 10 years:

Hanifin was traded (with Elias Lindholm, a top 5 pick in 2013) after 3 seasons for an objectively better defenseman (Hamilton) and Adam Fox.

Both Laine and Dubois were traded - for each other - after 4 full seasons. Jonathan Drouin was also traded four seasons after his draft.

Sam Bennett was traded after 6 seasons. Annual reminder than Michael Dal Colle was a 5th overall in 2014 and is still an Islander.

Hell - Yakupov got 4 with the Oilers, Murray got 7 with the Jackets, Galchenyuk got 6 with the Habs, and even Griffin Reinhart got 3 seasons in the Islanders system...and that draft STUNK

History suggests that Kakko gets at least another year before trade talks become real.

Yeah, I will be. It'd be a near-colossal mistake.

Hell - look at the deals for top 5 picks in the past 10 years:

Hanifin was traded (with Elias Lindholm, a top 5 pick in 2013) after 3 seasons for an objectively better defenseman (Hamilton) and Adam Fox.

Both Laine and Dubois were traded - for each other - after 4 full seasons. Jonathan Drouin was also traded four seasons after his draft.

Sam Bennett was traded after 6 seasons. Annual reminder than Michael Dal Colle was a 5th overall in 2014 and is still an Islander.

Hell - Yakupov got 4 with the Oilers, Murray got 7 with the Jackets, Galchenyuk got 6 with the Habs, and even Griffin Reinhart got 3 seasons in the Islanders system...and that draft STUNK

History suggests that Kakko gets at least another year before trade talks become real.

I was mostly joking. I think Kakko Krav and Laf you keep under any circumstances- they have all shown signs of brilliance so I am hopeful.

But I also know changes are coming so...