• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Tavares is a loser. I just can't accept that excuse. Their top three players did nothing, and therefore they lost.

I do wonder how the Rangers avoid becoming the Leafs though.... going out and just randomly signing vets clearly isn't a successful strategy. They've gotta be the right guys. Hopefully Drury can put the puzzle together.

With that being said, Tavares may he available. Is he an upgrade?

I was seriously pulling for Toronto this year. Their forward crop is so deep and skilled. With adding favorites of mine like Thornton, Foligno, Simmons, and even Spezza, I wanted to see these guys finally win. But as usual their D sucked and was overwhelmed physically, and their goalie situation isn't the best. They, much like Edmonton are going to have to pay up for defenseman to take that next step. Guess who has tons of Dmen?

If the Rangers want to do a face-lift, nows the chance to cash in on their misfortune. While the iron is hot, Drury should be working the phones to see which forwards are available for the Rangers youth on D. I know I said you don't trade Miller a few days ago, but if he were the centerpiece in a deal that can bring in one of these teams top players, I think I change my mind.

Yepp Steve Y did an amazing job with contracts. Something I wish the Rangers could do. Of course no state income tax in Florida helps.

Really a shame that NYC is a premier market and they still have to over pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not only does it help but it's the exact reason why the Rangers can't do it and have to basically overpay players to come here. Think about it, play hockey in Florida during the winter then return home to Canada, Europe, or Minnesota for the summer all the while saving 7-12% in income tax. My dream retirement is to summer at a lake in Maine or Canada then winter in Florida. They are doing this and making more money doing so. The Florida teams have a massive advantage in the cap system, it's ridiculous that it isn't addressed but part of me loves it. You reap what you sow. Our high taxes negatively effect our entire lives and sports isn't exempt.

I was seriously pulling for Toronto this year. Their forward crop is so deep and skilled. With adding favorites of mine like Thornton, Foligno, Simmons, and even Spezza, I wanted to see these guys finally win. But as usual their D sucked and was overwhelmed physically, and their goalie situation isn't the best. They, much like Edmonton are going to have to pay up for defenseman to take that next step. Guess who has tons of Dmen?

If the Rangers want to do a face-lift, nows the chance to cash in on their misfortune. While the iron is hot, Drury should be working the phones to see which forwards are available for the Rangers youth on D. I know I said you don't trade Miller a few days ago, but if he were the centerpiece in a deal that can bring in one of these teams top players, I think I change my mind.

There is literally nobody on the Leafs that would address the Rangers needs unless Matthews becomes available. If anything they will compete in the same market we are in trying to address team grit.

Matthews is the only guy I'd be interested in, and Miller isn't a centerpiece for him. Fox is. Maybe packaged with Strome and a prospect.

That's because they stopped the counting right before they got to the Tampa players.

That tweet is inaccurate though. Kucherov, Stone, and Vasilevsky are all tied for 16th @ $9.5 million a year. Also Tampa was only cap compliant because Kucherov was on LTIR all year, they're $5 million over the cap next year with only 19 players under contract.

2 cups will make it all worth it.

There is literally nobody on the Leafs that would address the Rangers needs unless Matthews becomes available. If anything they will compete in the same market we are in trying to address team grit.

I'd take one of Marner, Nylander, Mathew and even Tavares over any Ranger forward not named Panarin.

Like I said, if they did a face-lift. Meaning Zibanejad, Strome, Buchnevich, Kreider and so on would be on the outs..

They need competent D men. Not sure they really got pushed around, so I don't necessarily think they are going to be looking for grit . They need a goalie too.

Matthews wouldn't be filling a need. Hyman would though.

Seriously? Marner?? Nylander? I'd even take Tavares.

I wouldn't take Nylander over Zibanejad or Buchnevich.

Marner is a high priced winger. We've already got Panarin. That money is better spent at C.

Matthews shoots the puck and scores goals. We could use that.

I wouldn't take Nylander over Zibanejad or Buchnevich.

Marner is a high priced winger. We've already got Panarin. That money is better spent at C.

Matthews shoots the puck and scores goals. We could use that.

We have that already. Only cheaper.

No Marner or Nylander. Neither makes sense

If Buch and Kreider are gone they do.

Tavares makes the most sense . Pretty much a PPG player, solid on faceoffs. I take him over Zibanejad if they are blowing it up.

Again I suggest these players if they are giving the team a face-lift. Not to meld in with the current top six. If Marners dominance the last 3 seasons doesn't make sense... I question what does.

Nylander is a shooting machine. I think the Rangers lack that.

Imo any one of these guys would serve a need that is not currently on this roster.

No, if Kreider and Buch are gone, they need bigger and stronger replacements.

Marner would be a Panarin replacement. Or a Zibanejad replacement if he’s replaced by what’s stated above.

Matthews, sure. Anyone else, the contract plus the cost to acquire during a trade ... enh. I’m not ruining the rebuild for Nylander and I’m fine being wrong with that choice.

Who do we have who can win faceoffs and score 40-50 goals a year for the next decade?

Mika scores 40+ a season and wins 49.3% of his faceoffs and makes $5.3m against the cap. Matthews scores 40+ a season and wins 51.7% of his faceoffs and makes 11.6 against the cap. Matthews is also do a RAISE in three years.

So, I don't know how much you're wanting to pay for 2.4 % increase in faceoff wins, but $6.3 million seems like a bit much.

Mika scores 40+ a season and wins 49.3% of his faceoffs and makes $5.3m against the cap. Matthews scores 40+ a season and wins 51.7% of his faceoffs and makes 11.6 against the cap. Matthews is also do a RAISE in three years.

So, I don't know how much you're wanting to pay for 2.4 % increase in faceoff wins, but $6.3 million seems like a bit much.

Zibanejad scored 40 goals once. His second best is 30 goals.

Matthews worst is 34 goals.