• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

Phil

I just dropped in to check in on you guys....

What in the fuck am I reading in this thread??? :rofl:

It's like a bad acid trip with "White Rabbit" playing the background!!! I'm heading out for beers, who's coming?? :cheers:

This kind of feels like how you've got a friend whose spouse is cheating, and all of the mutual friends know about it, but the friend doesn't yet. Should we tell him?

more like The Dude broke the news to Pete last night. lol

Two names to add to the pile per the latest 31 Thoughts podcast: Warren Foegele (25, RFA), and Jodan Martinook (28, UFA). Apparently both are "done in Carolina."

I'm not interested in Foegele considering price and current makeup of the team but Martinook could be a good 4th line addition.

Martinook is never going to wow anyone, but for a locker room that seems like it needs some fixing and a little bit of fun, he can be a help. He was loved in that locker room and would help ours out too I’m sure. Good 4th liner. Wouldn’t hate seeing him here. And can probably be had very cheaply.

I'm not interested in Foegele considering price and current makeup of the team but Martinook could be a good 4th line addition.

Yup. Drew and I want the same fourth line. Some combination on any given night of Martinook, Bellemare, Reaves, and Barron.

Yup. Drew and I want the same fourth line. Some combination on any given night of Martinook, Bellemare, Reaves, and Barron.

Based on what Carp's been throwing around, I'd add Cuylle to that list. I can absolutely see an argument for leaving him alone for a bit, but he does meet the stated needs of that line.

Based on what Carp's been throwing around, I'd add Cuylle to that list. I can absolutely see an argument for leaving him alone for a bit, but he does meet the stated needs of that line.

Consider what Gallant said about kids playing on the 4th line, and the Rangers trying to make the playoffs next season, I don't really think he's an option. Cuylle projects to be more than a 4th liner and if we're rolling Barron and Cuylle out there (two rookies) we're kind of in the same place we've been for the last 3-4 years. They need experienced role players on the 4th line, not guys you hope pan out.

Add me to that list, fine sir!

I wanna see Cuylle this season, even if it's just exhibition games.

Not sure how they take that chance that he's ready and let another off season go by not building a proper 4th line by signing the right free agents etc? I think we'll see them look for well established players and look for growth from the young players that are already on the roster outside of maybe Barron (at least forward wise)

If Cuylle impresses, fine, but it feels awfully early for him to be making the jump to the NHL. He feels at least one season away. Probably two.

We were saying that about Miller too though and he looked.. alright. Comfortable at least.

But ideally I agree. I hate rushing prospects in general.