• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

Phil

If Cuylle impresses, fine, but it feels awfully early for him to be making the jump to the NHL. He feels at least one season away. Probably two.

No sense in rushing him, but he is quite literally the mold we're looking to fit in our bottom 6 right now. I'd bet he gets a good long look in camp, especially if we find ourselves whiffing in UFA.

No sense in rushing him, but he is quite literally the mold we're looking to fit in our bottom 6 right now. I'd bet he gets a good long look in camp, especially if we find ourselves whiffing in UFA.

No doubt the guy's most likely going to need time to ripen to the NHL, G.

There are some good options in the FA market, but like you said, if we can't squeeze 'em in there, this guy may just be the ticket.....eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn’t looking for the Gallant interview but found this article about Adam Fox talking about the Rangers homo problem.

https://lovebylife.com/adam-fox-isnt-buying-the-brutality-story-around-rangers/

I think a lot is from a previous article (that I don’t recall reading)

According to Fox, the Rangers have the right pieces in place to become playoff contenders, but players are still learning how to assume their individual roles to make it happen.

I wasn’t looking for the Gallant interview but found this article about Adam Fox talking about the Rangers homo problem.

https://lovebylife.com/adam-fox-isnt-buying-the-brutality-story-around-rangers/

I think a lot is from a previous article (that I don’t recall reading)

Fox is probably going to be a GM someday. He will assume Drury's role after winning 4 Cups here. Bookmark this. See you in 25 years to say I told you so. Bonus prediction: I expect this board to be right leaning by then.

• Like 1

Fox is probably going to be a GM someday. He will assume Drury's role after winning 4 Cups here. Bookmark this. See you in 25 years to say I told you so. Bonus prediction: I expect this board to be right leaning by then.

G1000, 2046: "I can't believe liberals still exist. Donald Trump Jr. Jr. is absolutely the right man to lead the United Federation of Earth and wrestle back control of our precious natural resources from Proxima B. They don't even live here! They have no right to our manufactured oxygen! Also, if the Rangers don't sign Gregory Fox, they're insane — his grandfather was Adam! That guy was a stud."

• Like 2

G1000, 2046: "I can't believe liberals still exist. Donald Trump Jr. Jr. is absolutely the right man to lead the United Federation of Earth and wrestle back control of our precious natural resources from Proxima B. They don't even live here! They have no right to our manufactured oxygen! Also, if the Rangers don't sign Gregory Fox, they're insane — his grandfather was Adam! That guy was a stud."

Solid A. A+ would be if you wrote the quote in Chinese.

Kraft's Adam Fox is a great replacement for Chris Drury (presented by Ford) for GM of the Amazon NHL New York Rangers brought to you by Pepsi prior to this season's (sponsored by McDonald's) Microsoft/Apple's NHL draft on the Ocho.

So no cups for the rangers?

• 3 weeks later...
Like I said in another thread, the Rangers are going to have to overpay for bottom 6 grit. They have no choice. They have too much of the same unproven talent that they can't really find a spot for that fits their potential skill level.

You can't keep Chytil, Lafreniere, Kakko and Kravstov in the bottom 6. You can't keep all of these defensemen.

They need to make a move this summer. I don't see them acquiring a top 6 gritty player like either Tkachuk. They're not going to be available. And you can't squeeze a Sam Bennett back into a 3rd line role, inwhich he was already unhappy in.

So, unless they give up the farm for Eichel (I'm just not a fan of this guy really), I don't see them getting fair worth of the likes of Chytil, Lundkvist, Buchnevich, Jones or whomever they must deal for the type of player they can fit into their lineupas it's constructed.

It's going to be a Nordstrom-esk deal, that we will no doubt regret.

I hate being right about this stuff.

This Buchnevich trade is dogshit. This has the Skrudland/Keane years written all over it.

Didn't Drury say that the organization wasn't going to over react to the Tom Wilson incident?

The Goodrow contract and now this is an absolute over reaction to trying to add grit.

You have to get more for your second most well rounded player.

You just traded Shestyorkins bestest buddy. And you think this will help negotiations?

Hahahah, that's cute, you think we'll be successful or desperate enough to explore space in 2046.

• 5 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 10:22 AM, The Dude said:

Staying away from the dream deals of nabbing a Tkachuk or any top line player, I think we need to shift our thoughts to guys that would fit in the bottom six.

Greenway has been mentioned and is a nice player who somewhat fits the mold the fans think the Rangers should targeting. The position he plays is the only issue. With Minnesotas expansion draft issues, the guy is a kinda must get though. It probably wouldn't break the bank either in terms of what it would take to get him.

Anyway, with position being an issue for filling this need, the focus needs to be shifted to getting a center who can play the role we all desire.

So, how about Nazem Kadri?

He's not a fighter, but he plays hard. He's always good on faceoffs which is another need. After his latest playoff fuck up and suspension, he's probably available for next to nothing. 4.5 cap hit, but he always produces at a decent clip point wise. 32 points in 56 games this year..

If the Rangers want to combat the Tom Wilson's of the league, without using a goon, these are the type of players they are going to have to look at. Warts and all. He brings 2 needs instantly but he's got that baggage and it's time to buy . He'll be on clearance...

Are we above supporting such a player?

I'm not. Let him do his thing here and we will probably love him.

How about others like him? Bad reputation and all.

Ahhh. The old Homo thread. 

This was the move to make back then. Guys lightning it the fuck up.. Fire Drury. Hire me. Could have had Graves too for the 3rd pair. spacer.png

Yanni Gourde. Yes yes I’m told they wouldn’t part with him and eat salary, but Seattle is trash. Less points than the Sabres and they clearly drafted guys for deadline sales. 
ask them to retain 50% and send Chytil, Lundkvist, Kravtsov. I don’t care how h fly that is. It gives 3 more years of an experienced cup winning Franco Canadian center to help Alf, provide experience, and be a real C for the third line that we need. None of those three traded involved for us will ever be anything on this team. Solidifying the third line to be productive and have that C for it until 2025 or so is perfect. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yanni Gourde. Yes yes I’m told they wouldn’t part with him and eat salary, but Seattle is trash. Less points than the Sabres and they clearly drafted guys for deadline sales. 
ask them to retain 50% and send Chytil, Lundkvist, Kravtsov. I don’t care how h fly that is. It gives 3 more years of an experienced cup winning Franco Canadian center to help Alf, provide experience, and be a real C for the third line that we need. None of those three traded involved for us will ever be anything on this team. Solidifying the third line to be productive and have that C for it until 2025 or so is perfect. 

I kinda like the player, but I too don't see why they would be trading the only player they have with term.  Plus, are the Rangers just going to start grabbing ex Lightning players like they did Edmonton players in the early 90s? 

He's kinda small too. 5'9 175? I guess. But not at that price. Maybe just Chytil and a pick. The package yore presenting is what some are suggesting for Giroux.   

Edited by The Dude

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

Just to note, Gourde has a full NTC list until the summer, then a 23 team NTC kicks in. With that kind of trade protection, you have to think he just doesn't want to to anywhere.

Also, I don't get the Franco thing. Everyone thinks we have to get players of the same nationality...He's on a line with a French Canadian and it isn't helping. Lundkvist is paired with a Swede and that's not helping either.

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

I love the idea of Gourde.  He was always very visible during the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Plus, are they just going to start grabbing ex Lightning players like they did Edmonton players in the early 90s? 

Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF by LEGO

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Just to note, Gourde has a full NTC list until the summer, then a 23 team NTC kicks in. With that kind of trade protection, you have to think he just doesn't want to to anywhere.

Also, I don't get the Franco thing. Everyone thinks we have to get players of the same nationality...He's on a line with a French Canadian and it isn't helping. Lundkvist is paired with a Swede and that's not helping either.

I think it matters a ton when you can't speak English. Outside of that, it's irrelevant.