• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

Phil

I've no doubt teams lie about heights/weights. I've every doubt they lie about them to the extent you suggested. If a guy is listed at 6'1, 190, he's probably 6'0, 185. You cut two inches and fifteen pounds off a guy who doesn't even look small. LOL.

But... but it was Panarin who wanted him. Panarin DEMANDED IT!!!

I don't see how this helps you. I've been blaming the coach for the poor selection the entire time.

?

To say Panarin dictated who he played with every single game is just ridiculous. If you want to say he wants a player with a little grit, that I'd buy. Not that he solely wants Jesper Fast.

You're seriously delusional if you actually think Panarin ONLY wants a Jesper Fast to play with. As if he'd throw a shit fit if they gave him Kreider..

How is Panarin going to finish out his career? Is he about to request a trade to fucking Carolina to play with Fast? You know... because that's all he wants.

Where did I say Panarin would throw a hissy fit if Kreider were on his line? Where did I say Panarin dictated who was on his line every game? You're just fabricating things because you're flailing when faced with information that counters just about everything you've said.

But... but it was Panarin who wanted him. Panarin DEMANDED IT!!!

I don't see how this helps you. I've been blaming the coach for the poor selection the entire time.

?

How does this not help me? Panarin said he wanted Blackwell on his line, not Kakko. Quinn says he wants Blackwell on Panarin's line, not Kakko. Quinn says Blackwell has "some Fast in him." Strome concurs. What's not to understand here? That's both members of the line expressing what works with them and the coach agreeing with them. Their play also supported that.

Let me know where to send the crayons.

I've no doubt teams lie about heights/weights. I've every doubt they lie about them to the extent you suggested. If a guy is listed at 6'1, 190, he's probably 6'0, 185. You cut two inches and fifteen pounds off a guy who doesn't even look small. LOL.

He's listed as 6' in various outlets. Judging by how he looks next to the likes of Brendan Smith , who is listed as 6'2, 200, I'd say he's a good 2-3 inches shorter than him. Nevermind the difference in weight. Fast is 10 pounds lighter? My . Ass.

Where did I say Panarin would throw a hissy fit if Kreider were on his line? Where did I say Panarin dictated who was on his line every game? You're just fabricating things because you're flailing when faced with information that counters just about everything you've said.

You're impossible to talk to.. Did I fucking SAY you said that??? The discussion drifted into how Panarin only wanted to play with Fast and refused to play with Kakko. Then apparently you and others claim he wanted Blackwell. HE DIDN'T.

Did you forget that part of the discussion?

Asshole Quinn wanted Fast 2.0. Asshole Quinn tried making Kakko into Fast 2.0. He settled on Blackwell, who was barely hanging on for his NHL LIFE, yet he stacked up to the irreplaceable power forward Jesper fucking Fast.

How does this not help me? Panarin said he wanted Blackwell on his line, not Kakko. Quinn says he wants Blackwell on Panarin's line, not Kakko. Quinn says Blackwell has "some Fast in him." Strome concurs. What's not to understand here? That's both members of the line expressing what works with them and the coach agreeing with them. Their play also supported that.

Let me know where to send the crayons.

It's says Quinn wanted Blackwell. YOU say Panarin wanted Blackwell AND Fast. Your quote proves Quinn made the decisions.

Comprende?

You're impossible to talk to.. Did I fucking SAY you said that??? The discussion drifted into how Panarin only wanted to play with Fast and refused to play with Kakko. Then apparently you and others claim he wanted Blackwell. HE DIDN'T.

Did you forget that part of the discussion?

Asshole Quinn wanted Fast 2.0. Asshole Quinn tried making Kakko into Fast 2.0. He settled on Blackwell, who was barely hanging on for his NHL LIFE, yet he stacked up to the irreplaceable power forward Jesper fucking Fast.

Hold up. This entire discussion stems from a quote from a Carpinello article that you quoted. An article in which he quite literally says:

By the way, it was Panarin who frequently asked coach David Quinn, if not begged or demanded, that Blackwell be on his right rather than Kakko, among others. Quinn usually deferred.

Link: https://theathletic.com/2669814/2021/06/24/what-comes-next-for-the-rangers-five-predictions-based-on-the-latest-from-chris-drury-and-gerard-gallant/?source=user_shared_article

Did you forget that this entire tangent stems from you taking that as a slight as Kakko and not just a player preference that both Strome and Panarin have?

It's not "asshole Quinn." It's "asshole Quinn" and "asshole Panarin" and "asshole Strome."

You're insufferable to argue with because you completely lack the ability to process information that your own eyes have seen.

Hold up. This entire discussion stems from a quote from a Carpinello article that you quoted. An article in which he quite literally says:

Link: https://theathletic.com/2669814/2021/06/24/what-comes-next-for-the-rangers-five-predictions-based-on-the-latest-from-chris-drury-and-gerard-gallant/?source=user_shared_article

Did you forget that this entire tangent stems from you taking that as a slight as Kakko and not just a player preference that both Strome and Panarin have?

It's not "asshole Quinn." It's "asshole Quinn" and "asshole Panarin" and "asshole Strome."

You're insufferable to argue with because you completely lack the ability to process information that your own eyes have seen.

Ooooph. Yeah. You're right. I got mixed up with Panarin not wanting Kakko and wanting Blackwell with the notionthat he only wanted to play with Fast. So, after taking that loss I'll shut up...

but he never said he wanted to only play with Fast...

This shit ain't over.

I can't believe Panarin wanted to play with Kakko and Quinn kept giving him Blackwell after he told management not to re-sign Fast so he didn't have to play him with Panarin anymore because Panarin wanted to play with Fast even though Fast lied about his height and weight which Quinn didn't appreciate and so he brought Colin in because at 5'9" he wasn't lying about his height and Quinn likes a straight shooter and also Panarin's cat that his dog Mr. Riziy might have eaten.

This shit ain't over.

I can't believe Panarin wanted to play with Kakko and Quinn kept giving him Blackwell after he told management not to re-sign Fast so he didn't have to play him with Panarin anymore because Panarin wanted to play with Fast even though Fast lied about his height and weight which Quinn didn't appreciate and so he brought Colin in because at 5'9" he wasn't lying about his height and Quinn likes a straight shooter and also Panarin's cat that his dog Mr. Riziy might have eaten.

giphy.gif

Don't give any ideas.

Good evening.

Just my two cents—-anyone thinks Jasper Fast is a top six player (and not by some default) should quit watching hockey and start watching horseshoes championships or something

Agreed. But I do think Fast can be an important bottom 6 player on a Cup winning team