• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

Phil

Yes. 10 GF all season. See for yourself here: Link.

Fast was on for 16 GF all season. He was also playing an entirely different role than the one he played here in NY. He was on Carolina's third line. And it doesn't shock me that you're missing the point of why Fast was liked by Panarin on that line. He wasn't there to be productive, he was there to help Panarin and Strome be productive. Which he did with great success considering they both had career years on his line. Oh, and Carolina put Fast on their second PP which he never was on here. He was on for another 16 GF there. Brind'amour is supposed to be this super forward-thinking and sought-after coach. Do you think you know better than him? I know you don't.

Gauthier is going to be 24 in October. He's not some kid who hasn't had the chance to develop. He spent three seasons in the AHL where he had some success. Yet even Carolina didn't want him. They'd rather be paying for and playing Jesper Fast.

Maybe you should meet up with Sam and Joe and they can show you in crayon how you're wrong.

Lmao. One guy got more icetime, with better players and got PP time and amazed a grand total of 4 more goals and 4 more assists... Please do go on. It's fascinating how superior Fast was compared to a 4th liner who struggled to stay in the lineup. Boy... Miss that Fast..... Keep going . You're making great points. For me..

Lmao ohhh now FAST contributed to Strome and Panarins great season. As if he was a set up man or a puck possession driver. GTFO with this. He didn't even play most of the season on that line!!! Was his ghost here this year to continue that Strome Panarin chemistry? 8 more points this year than the guy getting 9 minutes a night and can't stay in the lineup. WHHHHHOOOOAAAAAA! He's the next fucking Jari God damn Kurri!!! Why oh why didn't they lock him up for 5 years?

Gauthier had no spot on the Canes. They're packed with wingers. Kinda hard to break into their top 6 no?

Oddly some journalists are wondering why Gauthier was so under used.. Even hoping that of anyone on this roster,, they hope Gallant can help him.. Maybe YOU should sit down with them and ask if THEY remember alllllll the tiiiimmmes Sam and Joe talked about Gauthier being a perimeter player, since im.the only jack wagon who thinks the kid got a crappy deal here.

You think Sam and Joe would meet up with me? Would I have to bring the crayons?

Lmao. One guy got more icetime, with better players and got PP time and amazed a grand total of 4 more goals and 4 more assists... Please do go on. It's fascinating how superior Fast was compared to a 4th liner who struggled to stay in the lineup. Boy... Miss that Fast..... Keep going . You're making great points. For me..

Lmao ohhh now FAST contributed to Strome and Panarins great season. As if he was a set up man or a puck possession driver. GTFO with this. He didn't even play most of the season on that line!!! Was his ghost here this year to continue that Strome Panarin chemistry? 8 more points this year than the guy getting 9 minutes a night and can't stay in the lineup. WHHHHHOOOOAAAAAA! He's the next fucking Jari God damn Kurri!!! Why oh why didn't they lock him up for 5 years?

This right here highlights your complete lack of understanding. Fast didn't spend most of the season with Strome and Panarin? He spent half the season with them. It amazes me how the concept of having a player who isn't a producer on a line but still contributes goes over your head. Now that's talent.

Gauthier had no spot on the Canes. They're packed with wingers. Kinda hard to break into their top 6 no?

Oddly some journalists are wondering why Gauthier was so under used.. Even hoping that of anyone on this roster,, they hope Gallant can help him.. Maybe YOU should sit down with them and ask if THEY remember alllllll the tiiiimmmes Sam and Joe talked about Gauthier being a perimeter player, since im.the only jack wagon who thinks the kid got a crappy deal here.

Ah yes. So packed with wingers they brought in another in Jesper Fast who somehow found his way onto the third line and powerplay. Tell me again how he's some run-of-the-mill fourth liner. Everyone, including intelligent hockey minds, disagrees with you.

You think Sam and Joe would meet up with me? Would I have to bring the crayons?

I'll send you some. My treat.

The coach picked a player who most closely resembles what Jesper Fast is — a puck retriever. First in on the forecheck. Unafraid to go into the corner and dig out a puck to get it back to Panarin and Strome, and who can play effective hockey without the puck.

Ergo, they should simply have just kept Fast.

Sorry, I think that's an exaggerated take on what Fast cann actually do. He's not going into corners winning puck battles against big D men. He's kinda just there. Decent skater with good instincts, but tiny and weak with hands of stone.

Definitely not a top line forward anywhere else, in any situation. Yet, here some deem him as the reason one of the best players in the game had a great season. Even though Panarin continued that pace after Fast left and had scraps of dog meat on his opposite wing this season.

Can we get a confirmation on how many games Fast actually played on the Strome/Panarin line? I know it wasn't more than half the season.

Yet, here some deem him as the reason one of the best players in the game had a great season.

Yet it must be telling when all Panarin wants on his line is another player like Fast. Hmmmm. Why would he want that if he sucks as much as you say? Maybe I'll trust Panarin more than you.

Sorry, I think that's an exaggerated take on what Fast cann actually do. He's not going into corners winning puck battles against big D men. He's kinda just there. Decent skater with good instincts, but tiny and weak with hands of stone.

Great, except for the fact you're objectively wrong.

He's 6'1, 191lbs. Given the average height and weight of an NHL player is approximately 6'1, 199lbs, he is demonstrably not "tiny," or any other similar descriptor to suggest he's undersized. He isn't.

https://www.stack.com/a/how-big-is-the-average-nhl-player/

He also puts up points at an average pace for a middle-six player, which is odd for someone who you describe as "kinda just there."

Definitely not a top line forward anywhere else, in any situation. Yet, here some deem him as the reason one of the best players in the game had a great season. Even though Panarin continued that pace after Fast left and had scraps of dog meat on his opposite wing this season.

He's literally a top-nine forward with Carolina and was literally a top-nine forward with the Rangers for multiple years. You may not think he deserves to be one, but he is one, so again, you're literally wrong.

Can we get a confirmation on how many games Fast actually played on the Strome/Panarin line? I know it wasn't more than half the season.

68 games. 450:16 TOI.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20192020&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=NYR&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2019-10-02&td=2020-04-04&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8475855&p2=8478550&p3=8476458&p4=0&p5=0

Last I checked, 68 out of 82 is more than half.

• Like 1

46.5% of all of Jesper Fast's recorded 5v5 ice time in 2019-20 was with Strome-Panarin. That's by far the most - his next most frequent linemates were Kreider/Zibanejad at 5.7% of all ice time.

Safe to say they played together a lot.

• Like 1

He's 6'1, 191lbs. Given the average height and weight of an NHL player is approximately 6'1, 199lbs, he is demonstrably not "tiny," or any other similar descriptor to suggest he's undersized. He isn't.

He also puts up points at an average pace for a middle-six player, which is odd for someone who you describe as "kinda just there."

He's literally a top-nine forward with Carolina and was literally a top-nine forward with the Rangers for multiple years. You may not think he deserves to be one, but he is one, so again, you're literally wrong.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20192020&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=NYR&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2019-10-02&td=2020-04-04&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8475855&p2=8478550&p3=8476458&p4=0&p5=0

Actually, 68 of a 70 game season is quite a lot more than half. It's nearly all.

This right here highlights your complete lack of understanding. Fast didn't spend most of the season with Strome and Panarin? He spent half the season with them. It amazes me how the concept of having a player who isn't a producer on a line but still contributes goes over your head. Now that's talent.

Ah yes. So packed with wingers they brought in another in Jesper Fast who somehow found his way onto the third line and powerplay. Tell me again how he's some run-of-the-mill fourth liner. Everyone, including intelligent hockey minds, disagrees with you.

I'll send you some. My treat.

Ohh. So he played half the year with them. So only half the season Strome and Panarin were good together. And not this year either? Not sure your point here. I said he wasn't there on their line the whole season. You know the career year season... Season.

Not half season

Ohh. So he played half the year with them. So only half the season Strome and Panarin were good together. And not this year either? Not sure your point here. I said he wasn't there on their line the whole season. You know the career year season... Season.

Not half season

And yet they felt his presence was missed so much so they needed someone who played like him.

Yet it must be telling when all Panarin wants on his line is another player like Fast. Hmmmm. Why would he want that if he sucks as much as you say? Maybe I'll trust Panarin more than you.

If all he wants is another Fast, he'd have been fine with the "New and improved " Kakko. Where is it proven that he wants another Fast? He just didn't want Kakko, which as I eluded to, would be another Fast..

If a guy like Panarin wanted Fast, he would have been re-signed.

If all he wants is another Fast, he'd have been fine with the "New and improved " Kakko. Where is it proven that he wants another Fast? He just didn't want Kakko, which as I eluded to, would be another Fast..

What do you think the impetus for wanting Blackwell on his line was? He liked his name? Because he plays more like Fast than Kakko. How has that not gotten through with all of us saying it repeatedly? Are you purposefully being this dense?

What do you think the impetus for wanting Blackwell on his line was? He liked his name? Because he plays more like Fast than Kakko. How has that not gotten through with all of us saying it repeatedly? Are you purposefully being this dense?

His cat's name is Colin and he doesn't believe in coincidences.

• Like 1

I'd guess Panarin liked that Blackwell was a bit more creative in his approach to offense. Kakko's playbook has looked pretty black and white, simple plays, get the puck deep, skate hard, back check. Pete talked about Kakko immediately dumping it in all season. I wouldn't want that on my wing either.

It was the style of play, not the player. He'd probably take Blackwell over Fast.

If Fast is 6'1 190, I'm 6'9 1000. No way.

He is more like 5"11 175. If you can't accept that as a stretch like most smaller players heights and weights are, you'd be lying

I said he's not a top line player. Which means 1st or 2nd line. Stop. He's a bottom 6 guy.

I don't buy that he played 68 games with him. That's definitely a farse.. I don't even think Strome played with him that many games

Strome went as far as to compare Blackwell to Jesper Fast, who signed with the Hurricanes in free agency this offseason after seven seasons in New York. Fast was a second-line staple who won the team’s Players’ Player award, given to the player “who best exemplifies what it means to be a team player,” five years in a row.

Link: https://nypost.com/2021/03/01/center-colin-blackwell-emerging-as-rangers-hidden-gem/

Quinn said he wanted Blackwell, who has nine goals and four assists in 27 games, with Strome and Panarin because "he's got a little bit more of a Jesper Fast feel to his game than Kaapo has.’’ Strome and Panarin worked very effectively with Fast last season, and they seemed to click with Blackwell earlier this season.

Link: https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/colin-blackwell-kaapo-kakko-vitali-kravtsov-rangers-1.50205002

Why would they ever play Blackwell with Panarin and Strome? Hm.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OK, I recognized him, said his name and he was gracious enough to say hi on his way to rink. My wife still says it was Carl Haggelin, but only because she wants to bone him.

To say Panarin dictated who he played with every single game is just ridiculous. If you want to say he wants a player with a little grit, that I'd buy. Not that he solely wants Jesper Fast.

You're seriously delusional if you actually think Panarin ONLY wants a Jesper Fast to play with. As if he'd throw a shit fit if they gave him Kreider..

How is Panarin going to finish out his career? Is he about to request a trade to fucking Carolina to play with Fast? You know... because that's all he wants.

LOL

"prove these things"

>> Proof

"I don't believe you."

You do you, boo boo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But if it's Lundkvist we're talking about they are obviously lying about his height, because it's not the guy YOU are propping up.

Funny how you pick and choose.

I'll do me. You do which ever you suites your argument for the day.