• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I crazy for thinking it's fine?

He's been on this continent for 16 days, spent 14 of them alone in a hotel room, and has practiced with the whole team one time. He'll play. Just not yet.

You're the only sane in a fandom full of crazy. You're talking to people who criticize a coach for coaching.

Am I crazy for thinking it's fine?

He's been on this continent for 16 days, spent 14 of them alone in a hotel room, and has practiced with the whole team one time. He'll play. Just not yet.

Rangers wouldn't have brought him here if he wasn't going to play, so, yeah it's fine.

He should spend some time @ BU. No, maybe @ Colgate. Break him in slow. Learn to play the right way. Put a cage on. No horseplay. Get a real feel for exciting American hockey.

Or, maybe he has practiced one time, hasn't watched a game, and maybe needs to learn the system?

You're not even trying to hide the trolling anymore. You know better.

• Like 1

Or, maybe he has practiced one time, hasn't watched a game, and maybe needs to learn the system?

One question. Hartford now plays the same system as the Rangers. Was that the case when Kravtsov was there last? If so, at least he's not at square one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sounds like the Rangers.

Kid sitting it quarantine.

Coach sitting in quarantine.

If only they had a way to talk and discuss.

Sounds like the Rangers.

Kid sitting it quarantine.

Coach sitting in quarantine.

If only they had a way to talk and discuss.

Maybe they didn't want Vitaly "squeezing his stick too hard" on that first zoom call... ;-)

Teams acquire and immediately play new players more often than not. Guys don’t sit out games at thebtrade deadline.

Besides, he’s been with Knoblauch, he was with the Rangers in the bubble, he’s been playing - so you don’t want him sitting out any longer.

Teams acquire and immediately play new players more often than not. Guys don’t sit out games at thebtrade deadline.

Besides, he’s been with Knoblauch, he was with the Rangers in the bubble, he’s been playing - so you don’t want him sitting out any longer.

I bet he's in on Saturday. Quinn just wants to see him live and Knoblauch doesn't want to overstep.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I bet he's in on Saturday. Quinn just wants to see him live and Knoblauch doesn't want to overstep.

Previously, I predicted he wouldn’t play at all.

How he played at the end of the Traktor season, and how the team has played recently, I’d still be upset not to see him.

I’m also higher on Kravtsov than I was with Andersson

I don't think Quinn could do a rerun at this point and send him to Hartford or put him straight into cold storage on the taxi squad. They wanted him to prove something and he's done it with a decent KHL season. He's getting testimony on all the intangibles, attitude, and even defense. Quinn has to give him some shot, if only to keep it from becoming high profile ammunition for his critics.

I think this is exactly the case. Quinn is still dictating lineup decisions so he’s not going to pencil in a player he hasn’t practiced with yet. That’s fine. Kravtsov has skated with the team twice and only once with the full squad.

^ the only problem I’m noticing with gauthier is that he’s not getting enough ice time this season. He has played well and has not been rewarded at all. He’s essentially kreider 2.0 with slightly less upside. I like him a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I really don't get the slight bashing of this dude. He definitely needs more icetime. I'd rather see him slot up in Blackwells current spot. Blackwell has been a nice story, but if anybody is the guy we forget played here is him. Gauthier drives to the net and works the boards quite well. If there isn't a future here for him they really need to deal him. I don't want to see him fall by the wayside and land on another team and produce with the necessary icetime.

The size, speed, the strength and the playing style is a refreshing change of pace from some of the perimeter players we have.

I really don't get the slight bashing of this dude. He definitely needs more icetime. I'd rather see him slot up in Blackwells current spot. Blackwell has been a nice story, but if anybody is the guy we forget played here is him. Gauthier drives to the net and works the boards quite well. If there isn't a future here for him they really need to deal him. I don't want to see him fall by the wayside and land on another team and produce with the necessary icetime.

The size, speed, the strength and the playing style is a refreshing change of pace from some of the perimeter players we have.

Agreed entirely. Especially since Blackwell has seemed to cool down.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm so excited at the prospect of this being the lineup and seeing Kravtsov play.

I wouldn't have Lemieux in there though. He has had his shot and offers no real value at all.I'd rather have PdG there. If Gauthier can be taught how to play a bottom six role effectively even better.

I don't get the Lemieux hate either.. Hes a 4th line pest. He'll pop in 8-10 goals a year. He'll drop the gloves. Not sure what people are expecting from that spot/role. PK ability? Heck, try him there.

Gauthier has definitely improved and needs to play more. I felt badly for him after that one game recently against the Flyers were he scores a highlight reel goal but then takes three penalties, those power plays basically costing the Rangers the game. Well that, and the PK was weaker without Fox there. But still, point being, that was kind of a huge step forward kind of game, but he marred it a bit. I would still keep him around.

I don't get the Lemieux hate either.. Hes a 4th line pest. He'll pop in 8-10 goals a year. He'll drop the gloves. Not sure what people are expecting from that spot/role. PK ability? Heck, try him there.

I don't "hate" him, I just don't think he's a particularly good hockey player. He's a pest? Meh. He's pretty ineffective as a physical presence. He runs his mouth a lot and gets into scrums here and there but he isn't dominating physically, isn't particularly punishing to play against and appears to have very little in terms of hockey IQ. He zooms around a lot but what does he actually achieve?

I think Rooney, PDG etc are much better players than him.

There's nobody with less hockey IQ in the league than Gauthier. It's been his knock forever.

I have an opposite view of Lemieux. He defends with vigor, and has a little offensive flair. This isn't Ryan Hollweg. As for his hockey IQ? This is Claude Lemieux's son.