• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let David Quinn touch him. Even if it's Jacques Martin temporarily at least he's a previously qualified NHL coach.

This. Quinn should have been let go overnight. There's simply no excuse for having the 1st overall and 2nd overall in consecutives seasons come in and be so incapable of periodically displaying what made them such high selections. Adding in another young offensive piece in Kratsov in a throw away season can not be left to a coach simply not getting it done as far as development.

This. Quinn should have been let go overnight. There's simply no excuse for having the 1st overall and 2nd overall in consecutives seasons come in and be so incapable of periodically displaying what made them such high selections. Adding in another young offensive piece in Kratsov in a throw away season can not be left to a coach simply not getting it done as far as development.

Agreed. We like to talk about Kakko being light years better than last year. He hasn’t scored a goal since January 22nd. 15 games ago. Does he even actually look better or has his play just mimicked more of Howden with similar results?

Kakko definitely looks better but ultimately there are no results from it yet, still not scoring goals.

Laf we have seen flashes from and every time he looks ready to maybe break out and get going,Quinn blenders the lines up and he finds himself with Howden.

Agreed. We like to talk about Kakko being light years better than last year. He hasn’t scored a goal since January 22nd. 15 games ago. Does he even actually look better or has his play just mimicked more of Howden with similar results?

Light years better, but not much to show for it on the scoresheet. Story of the year, really. I'm sure it'll be the kind of thing we look at in 3 years and go "well, glad Quinn got him playing that way", but it's just massively frustrating right now.

I'm with AJ here - Quinn shouldn't have woken up as the coach this morning and we can't let Kravtsov continue this trend.

Kakko looks better to fill a 3rd line role. Not sure if he's any closer to meeting his potential in the NHL.

The biggest difference for Kakko this season, as I say is the issue with every young forward under Quinn, he's not sitting there thinking before. He's just throwing the puck in the zone and skating - which Quinn demands. It's a the Callahan factor. We see him skating around more - so he must be playing better!

We've seen it from all the kids, they develop this, almost 'hitch'. When the puck or opponent get close to them, they literally stop, try to think what theyre supposed to do, then go try to do it without making any mistakes.

Andersson -"He's slow"

Kakko "He's slow"

Lafreniere "he's not engaged"

its because theyre all trying to think too much. You cant do that at the NHL level or you are 2 steps behind.

This season, Kakko hot potatoes the puck into the corner every time. Is that really better? Is that what the Rangers need from Kakko?

• Like 1

Kakko is just so choppy. Puck on his stick and just furious hand movement couple with an ugly skating stride and looks... Ugly.

I'd also agree he actually looks like a bona-fide NHLer this year, but he's pacing like 20 points. Unacceptable.

Kakko is just so choppy. Puck on his stick and just furious hand movement couple with an ugly skating stride and looks... Ugly.

I'd also agree he actually looks like a bona-fide NHLer this year, but he's pacing like 20 points. Unacceptable.

Yeah, it's just brutal output when you also factor in zero from Kravtsov since his draft and a pace of 16 points for Lafreniere, to boot. You can't have this many high-end draft picks give you this little this quickly and not do something about it.

Yeah, it's just brutal output when you also factor in zero from Kravtsov since his draft and a pace of 16 points for Lafreniere, to boot. You can't have this many high-end draft picks give you this little this quickly and not do something about it.

If you look back at all their Top 10 picks since we were born, you'll see a trend. By my count, they've had 11 such picks since 1990.

Sundstrom

Malhotra

Brendl

Lundmark

Bkackburn

Montoya

McIlrath

Lias

Kravtsov

Kakko

Lafreniere

Also, factor in some of the guys picked just outside the top 10.

Michael Stewart lol

Stefan Cherneski lol

Huge Speciman lololol

I'm not sure a more dystopian list could possibly exist. It's failure after failure after failure.

If you look back at all their Top 10 picks since we were born, you'll see a trend. By my count, they've had 11 such picks since 1990.

Sundstrom

Malhotra

Brendl

Lundmark

Bkackburn

Montoya

McIlrath

Lias

Kravtsov

Kakko

Lafreniere

Also, factor in some of the guys picked just outside the top 10.

Michael Stewart lol

Stefan Cherneski lol

Huge Speciman lololol

I'm not sure a more dystopian list could possibly exist. It's failure after failure after failure.

It was, but they started to hit for a while — Staal, Miller, Skjei, Kreider. They were all grouped together, too, just before those three or four years they were in Cup contention.

It was, but they started to hit for a while — Staal, Miller, Skjei, Kreider. They were all grouped together, too, just before those three or four years they were in Cup contention.

All those guys were put in good places, even with more established veterans on that team.

I mean, prior to that, you had other draft picks breaking in - Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Del Zotto, Stepan. Hell, these guys were given better offensive opportunities than the FIRST and SECOND overall picks.

Even the last crop, Andersson, Howden (late first), Chytil (23 pts career high) - they're getting NOTHING from young forwards under Quinn.

And that's supposed to be his biggest strength as a coach...

All those guys were put in good places, even with more established veterans on that team.

I mean, prior to that, you had other draft picks breaking in - Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Del Zotto, Stepan. Hell, these guys were given better offensive opportunities than the FIRST and SECOND overall picks.

Even the last crop, Andersson, Howden (late first), Chytil (23 pts career high) - they're getting NOTHING from young forwards under Quinn.

And that's supposed to be his biggest strength as a coach...

Agreed. It's completely crippling their progress.

Based on the lines last game, and them saying they want to see more of the Laf-Chytil-Kakko line, my quess is:

CK - Zib - Buch

Bread - Strome - Kravtsov

Laf - Chytil - Kakko

God would I love to see Kakko and Laf wake up and produce regularly