• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

That's the report from last year, when he was playing terrible. You can also add up in that report about 20% of his time coming in the top 6, despite his terrible play. Krav will get his opportunities, it's up to him to take advantage.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the report from last year, when he was playing terrible. You can also add up in that report about 20% of his time coming in the top 6, despite his terrible play. Krav will get his opportunities, it's up to him to take advantage.

I hope he can buck the trend and be productive in 9-10 minutes of ice time with Howden. Tall task

I hope he can buck the trend and be productive in 9-10 minutes of ice time with Howden. Tall task

nope

It's not Quinn's fault Kravtsov got sent to the VHL last year.

It's not Quinn's fault that the Kings sent Lias Andersson to the AHL.

It was Laf's own admission that he was rusty adn couldn't keep up to start the year following a 10 month layoff. That's not Quinn's fault.

Seems like they way Quinn handled Shesty worked just fine since he was top 5 in the league in SV% and GAA average from Jan 28th until he got hurt.

Gauthier is the only player that has consistently play under 9 minutes per night, but that hasn't been the case the last handful of games after playing well and earning his way up to the third line. Laf and Kakko played under 10 minutes once each. Chytil never played under 10 minutes excluding the game he got hurt. Even last year, when Kakko was terrible, he only played under 10 minutes 3 times.

This whole Krav is gonna be on the 4th line 9 minutes per night is completely made up.

Considering Blackwell got scratched, yes. I do.

Blackwell has been chunking 15 minutes on the ice when he plays, but you're right that Quinn has shown a willingness to go away from him via scratch. But the most we know there is he's willing to go to other guys who have put time in on the club like Gauthier and PDG. Still don't think Quinn just takes a rookie Kravtsov and gives him 15 a night in front of all of those guys out the door. He has to earn it right? That's the motto round here. Earn it by playing with Howden lol

If Kravstov can become a player, this team will be DEEP at all positions. Top 9 with Krav in the mix has unbelievable potential.

Agree with this, but what sucks is Buchnevich is almost certainly a casualty of the cap and circumstance. It's a shame, because I think he's gonna be a really good player still and it's almost certainly going to be a Jesper Fast situation where you don't realize just how much he did until he's gone. Fact is that he's been our best forward arguably next to Panarin, but all of the foregoing just makes him too damn valuable as a trade chip, and he's due for a raise of some kind with his new contract.

This is kind of why I'm standing by my position that not trading Kreider last year was a mistake. He was the #1 trade target; they could've cleaned the hell up by dealing him. Maybe even brought back a good center prospect or young roster player. But now his contract and his de facto slot on the top 6 wings somewhere makes it very difficult to accommodate anyone else that makes more than an entry level salary.

All of this being said, this thread is about our boy Vitali, and I can't wait to see what he brings. Quinn's gotta put him in a position to succeed. Before Kakko and Laf, he was our #1 prospect and ranked #1 in the league by Hockey's Future. I totally get preaching defensive responsibility, but if you're gonna shelter his even strength minutes to transition him, he had better get some time on the second power play unit. Having his confidence smashed by a lack of immediate production just recreates last year's sentiments that left a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

They still need to add some toughness to their top 9. They are entirely to easy to play against

Agree. And I think the above comment above about Buch is where they'll replace that element. Kravstov could conceivably be a cheaper Buch in time and a "heavy" top 9 player can be brought in.

They still need to add some toughness to their top 9. They are entirely to easy to play against

Kakko, chytil, Kravtsov, (buch and Kreids) all have potential to be tough to play against. Kakko and Chytil taken huge steps in that regards this season. Kravtsov aswell.

If you want «toughness and grit» put it on the D and 4th line. NHL today is about skill and speed. That potential top 9 should have tons of that.

Miller and Lindgren will be monsters on D, maybe Schneider aswell.

They should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

There were the issues in Hartford early last season that derailed his first North American pro experience, but those seem to have been put to bed. If there were questions then about Kravtsov’s work ethic, those questions should no longer exist or persist. The young man with the personality that was captivating at his first Rangers prospect camp is the one expected to walk through the door once he completes all COVID-related requirements and quarantine.

Kravtsov is a top-six talent — elite, really — who needs commensurate ice time and complementary linemates right from the get-go. With Artemi Panarin rejoining the lineup, and that should be no later than Saturday afternoon against the Bruins, the Rangers would be able to present three alternate first lines once Kravtsov joins the band.

Because the Rangers could keep their current top two lines intact featuring Mika Zibanejad between Alexis Lafreniere and Pavel Buchnevich on one unit, Ryan Strome between Chris Kreider and Kaapo Kakko on the other, and then present another unit with Panarin and Kravtsov flanking Filip Chytil. Presuming Chytil’s hand mends well enough in the next couple of weeks that he can slide back into the middle, this is exactly the way David Quinn should go.

No one should make the mistake of thinking that Kravtsov is a finished product or that he won’t have much to learn at both ends of the ice in adapting to the small rink and the NHL game. The best way for him to learn it is by throwing him into the deep end of the pool with Panarin as his lifeguard.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/rangers-need-to-give-vitali-kravtsov-major-role-upon-his-return/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons