• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

I just can't see buying a snowblower to maybe use 3-4 times a year, tops, but I don't have a lot to shovel either. 

Maybe once I widen my driveway...

Then again my neighbor usually just does everyone's driveway so I can hold off LOL. 

Just now, Dunny said:

I just don't want to have a heart attack shoveling. Happens once a year in my town. Always the heavy stuff.

You average 4 feet of snow a year, my town averages 2 haha. I'd definitely have a blower if I lived in your neck of the woods.

• Keeps it 100 1

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just can't see buying a snowblower to maybe use 3-4 times a year, tops, but I don't have a lot to shovel either. 

Then again my neighbor usually just does everyone's driveway so I can hold off LOL. 

I'm the neighbor that does a bunch of my neighbor's houses.  My neighbor is FDNY and sometimes isn't home, stuck at the fire house.  So I do them.  Next to them is a younger couple with an infant, I do them.  Beyond them is an old man, I do him.  Across the street from me is an older guy and a shithead druggy 20something good for nothing son, I do them.  Next to them is an older couple, I do them.  Granted, its not why I bought my blower, with the intent to do the whole neighborhood.  I just hate shoveling and I got it on sale at the end of the season lol.  I have a pretty 4+ car driveway and the blows here a fucking terrible so I spend more time clearing the road in front of our houses than I do the driveways.  But I agree its a questionable purchase if there isn't a lot of space to clear.

• Cheers 2
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm the neighbor that does a bunch of my neighbor's houses.  My neighbor is FDNY and sometimes isn't home, stuck at the fire house.  So I do them.  Next to them is a younger couple with an infant, I do them.  Beyond them is an old man, I do him.  Across the street from me is an older guy and a shithead druggy 20something good for nothing son, I do them.  Next to them is an older couple, I do them.  Granted, its not why I bought my blower, with the intent to do the whole neighborhood.  I just hate shoveling and I got it on sale at the end of the season lol.  I have a pretty 4+ car driveway and the blows here a fucking terrible so I spend more time clearing the road in front of our houses than I do the driveways.  But I agree its a questionable purchase if there isn't a lot of space to clear.

You sir, need a beer!!!   ...make it a 12 pack!!  LOL

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That's awesome. 

Yeah, once I widen my driveway it would fit four cars so then I think it would make sense to try and pick one up. Also my neighbor that does ours probably isn't going to be doing it forever haha, he's a bit older. 

But he said once you get it going and you're in a groove, it's easy to just go house to house.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's awesome. 

Yeah, once I widen my driveway it would fit four cars so then I think it would make sense to try and pick one up. Also my neighbor that does ours probably isn't going to be doing it forever haha, he's a bit older. 

But he said once you get it going and you're in a groove, it's easy to just go house to house.

It's also just plain fun to do.  I just hate everything that comes with the snow.  Everything is always a wet mess, people can't drive.  Did I say the plows suck?  Fuck you Brookhaven. lol

• LMFAO 1

6 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It's also just plain fun to do.  I just hate everything that comes with the snow.  Everything is always a wet mess, people can't drive.  Did I say the plows suck?  Fuck you Brookhaven. lol

I hate any kind of precipitation because I can just feel the damage it's doing to my house lol. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I have a snowblower that I haven’t used for 2 years because I’m always at work when it’s snowing 

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's awesome. 

did you price the driveway out yet?  i did with mine and was told 20K by one guy and $19K by another.  All asphalt with belgian blocks.  

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

I just don't want to have a heart attack shoveling. Happens once a year in my town. Always the heavy stuff.

Same reason I got one 9-10 years ago, just knowing it's there and ready is worth the peace of mind.  Like @SaveByRichter35 said it is fun once you're rolling and blowing that shit into next week. Did use to enjoy doing the neighbors and helping others when we were in a neighborhood where the houses were spread apart with huge oversized driveways.  Even down since we moved it's sitting here, start it every winter and would never get rid of it. If I never use it again that's fine even if the driveway is 1/4 of the size and the odds of any major now is pretty slim. 

Edited by jsrangers

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

mine is like 80' long, maybe that's why.  if you dont mind PMing asphalt guy's number i'd love to see what he says

Let me try and get you the guy he used. I know the quotes were between 3 and 7k and he picked the middle. Not sure if he does south Jersey though. 

Our driveways aren't that long. Basically 2 car lengths. 

4 minutes ago, CCCP said:

how wide though?  mine's very narrow, only about one car wide

Same. That's why we're widening, we can only fit 2 cars and you're not allowed to park overnight in the street so it's annoying when people stay over. 

Might need a fact check by @Parsley but it says Syracuse averages 127inches of snow per year. Shit. I always shoveled. Probably a 6 car driveway.

here it says we average around 80 inches. Have a snowblower I don't use. Pay someone to plow. I still have to do walkways and around the cars.. was out there for 30 minutes today and only cleaned out the front walk area. 

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Just doing them all. Young, old on drugs..  What a whore. 

• LMFAO 1