• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

The new hang out is Parsnips, SBR!! The owner is a retired policeman and he's a Rangers fan too!

I'm pretty sure we can tag Keirik and RJ to hop down for a few cold ones and a game!!

Bring it my good man!!! It'll be a blast!!

Parsnips….ooof. I’ll hang anywhere but if Im talking with a chick and her dentures fall in my lap then this isn’t exactly the night I was expecting…..

Yeaaaa, my reaction is the same as Keirik's lol. Parsnips?

...actually more than what happened with the weather this past weekend, Parsley!! LOL

Storm passed east of Montauk. Spared Long Island. Flooding due to rain was an issue, primarily inland and even all the way back here into PA. Long Island with the sandy soils rarely has freshwater flooding problems. You needed a storm track further west (which some models showed) to bring in damaging onshore winds and storm surge into Long Island. Instead with the storm east, that stayed over the ocean for the most part.

Yeaaaa, my reaction is the same as Keirik's lol. Parsnips?

They fixed it up pretty good though...but for a game...we'll go somewhere else...

Eventually we can pick a central kinda location and invite everyone who can make it for a little BSBH event, but as far as locally, yeah...we can try something that's more Ranger oriented!

Pars - what's the deal with Ida? Seems like ripe conditions for a really bad storm in Louisiana.

Looks awful. Intensity will be the question as it crosses over Gulf waters nearly 90 degrees!!! Surely has the potential to be a cat 4 or higher if the cards fall into place. As of now the central Louisiana coast is the bullseye, that would put New Orleans on the east side of the storm which would be very bad for storm surge and high wind potential. Need this thing to track east of N.O. or well west toward Texas but the latter does not look likely.

Looks awful. Intensity will be the question as it crosses over Gulf waters nearly 90 degrees!!! Surely has the potential to be a cat 4 or higher if the cards fall into place. As of now the central Louisiana coast is the bullseye, that would put New Orleans on the east side of the storm which would be very bad for storm surge and high wind potential. Need this thing to track east of N.O. or well west toward Texas but the latter does not look likely.

Oh shit Pars...I thought you were in Philly, bro...

Stay safe man!!!

And I'll say this, the remnant rains from Ida likely come northeast into our area Wednesday-Thursday. Determining the location of the heaviest rain placement is too early to nail down but flooding from another 5-10 inches of rain is likely somewhere in the mid-Atlantic or Northeast.

Oh boy…

David Hammer

@davidhammerWWL

Entergy says all 8 transmission lines that deliver electricity into the entire New Orleans area have been lost. That means Entergy cannot generate its own power and will not be able to restore anything tonight. #HurricaneIda @WWLTV

I feel so bad for these people. Thank god the levies held up and we didn’t have another Katrina. I couldn’t imagine going through that. A cop working down there posted a video from inside the precinct, he said it was sustained winds of 85 mph, absolutely crazy.

Oh boy…

David Hammer

@davidhammerWWL

Entergy says all 8 transmission lines that deliver electricity into the entire New Orleans area have been lost. That means Entergy cannot generate its own power and will not be able to restore anything tonight. #HurricaneIda @WWLTV

Hey man!!!

You ok down there??? :thumbs: