• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

On 1/5/2022 at 8:38 AM, Ozzy said:

I just bought a brand new snow blower....

No chance!!!  LOL

What did you get?

On 1/6/2022 at 7:26 AM, Blue Heaven said:

Nooooooo!  I am not getting my snowblower until Tuesday.

What are you getting?

On 1/6/2022 at 1:01 PM, CCCP said:

not doing it, im really in the dark with all these carburetors and shit.  If i knew i had to empty it out at the end of every season, i would've never bought the damn thing.  

i dont remember what kind it is, i'll have to look it up when i get home

Start using ethanol free fuel.  Tru Fuel, you can find it at pretty much any hardware store or Lowes/HD.  Make sure you get the correct fuel for your motor.  They sell 4 stroke(gray can), 50:1 2 stroke(red can), and 40:1 2 stroke(green can I think).

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What did you get?

What are you getting?

Start using ethanol free fuel.  Tru Fuel, you can find it at pretty much any hardware store or Lowes/HD.  Make sure you get the correct fuel for your motor.  They sell 4 stroke(gray can), 50:1 2 stroke(red can), and 40:1 2 stroke(green can I think).

Got the Sno-Jo power shovel....it's good for frozen snow, but wet snow it's not too good.  Did the back deck while it was frozen in about 15 minutes...the driveway, eh...once it started to melt, I went back to the big shovel and got it done in a half hour

• TroCheckmark 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What did you get?

What are you getting?

https://egopowerplus.com/snow-blower-steel-auger-snt2110/

I don't have a big property, just something good enough to do it faster than shoveling.  

• TroCheckmark 1

On 1/9/2022 at 7:13 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I want a three stage so bad.  I wish I splurged when I bought mine.

If my Husqvarna Facebook marketplace special I got 2 years ago breaks again this year, I'm going all out and getting a new three stage but might go with TroyBilt. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Whats up with this storm coming this weekend?  NYC going to get snow.....so I can use my snowblowah. 

Trending "warmer" which is hard to believe with the current arctic airmass. But, slower evolution of the storm may bring enough warm air into low elevations for snow to change to heavy rain. Potential for heavy snow exists Sunday night into Monday, but is targeting the mountains of PA, NY and New England at this time. 

Word of caution, 2 days ago the models had NO SIGN of any storm at all, so 4-5 days out trust nothing. 

I literally thought the weekend and start of next week would be tranquil just 48 hours ago, we'll see how things evolve over the next 48 hours. At this point be on alert Sunday into Monday for potential stormy weather.

Even a warm-case scenario could bring high winds, heavy rain and coastal flooding which would be no fun either. 

7 hours ago, Parsley said:

Trending "warmer" which is hard to believe with the current arctic airmass. But, slower evolution of the storm may bring enough warm air into low elevations for snow to change to heavy rain. Potential for heavy snow exists Sunday night into Monday, but is targeting the mountains of PA, NY and New England at this time. 

Word of caution, 2 days ago the models had NO SIGN of any storm at all, so 4-5 days out trust nothing. 

Ugghhhhhh. 

Looks like messy wintry mix changing to rain along the coast at this point. Inland this time around has the best odds at snow and ice accumulation. Storm track (for a change) will likely be along the immediate coast, if not inland somewhat causing warmer air to change precipitation over to non-snow...and most likely a plain rain.

Storm timing remains Sunday night into Monday. Could be a driving rainstorm by Monday along the coast. Nothing set in stone so keep an eye on things. Could be a shitty commute day Monday, especially north and west of the city.