• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

Luckily, Long Island handles rain pretty well (sandy soil) but places in NNJ, eastern PA and the Hudson Valley may be in deep trouble if 3-6 inches of rain falls Wednesday night.
How's it looking by me? DarkSky and AccuWeather are have a bitch-fight over it right now. [emoji2955]

How's it looking by me? DarkSky and AccuWeather are have a bitch-fight over it right now. [emoji2955]

Looks like a boatload of rain, bulk of heavy rain falls Wednesday night. I could see 2-5 Inches of rainfall. I could see isolated totals in NJ over 6 inches again (like last week)

Looks like a boatload of rain, bulk of heavy rain falls Wednesday night. I could see 2-5 Inches of rainfall. I could see isolated totals in NJ over 6 inches again.
Damn yo. Do we need to worry about basements flooding? Or just rivers and roads, lowlying areas?

Damn yo. Do we need to worry about basements flooding? Or just rivers and roads, lowlying areas?

I’d be worried about basement flooding since we’ve had 6-10 inches of rain in the past 30 days. I actually went to Lowe’s today and bought a 1/3HP utility pump today just in case. I have 2 Sump pumps and a back up pump if the power fails. Better safe than sorry. Some models show potential for totals as high as 10”. That’d be a nightmare.

I’d be worried about basement flooding since we’ve had 6-10 inches of rain in the past 30 days. I actually went to Lowe’s today and bought a 1/3HP utility pump today just in case. I have 2 Sump pumps and a back up pump if the power fails. Better safe than sorry. Some models show potential for totals as high as 10”. That’d be a nightmare.
I'm crying on the inside. And the outside.

Maybe it’s old age, maybe it’s this new build house of mine (2 years old now), but I get more nervous and worried about severe weather causing issues to my home now than ever before.
New houses should be bullet proof.

We actually haven't gotten much rain in Springfield, Henri didn't kill us, and I know there was rain in other parts of NJ that didn't hit us.

I'm also a bit uphill from other parts of Springfield, so hopefully my basement is spared.

I'm also apparently right outside the brunt.... 598d52ce282e91511ffe01445586c07a.jpg

New houses should be bullet proof.

We actually haven't gotten much rain in Springfield, Henri didn't kill us, and I know there was rain in other parts of NJ that didn't hit us.

I'm also a bit uphill from other parts of Springfield, so hopefully my basement is spared.

I'm also apparently right outside the brunt.... 598d52ce282e91511ffe01445586c07a.jpg

I think it’s a real crap shoot Wednesday night as somewhere in PA or NJ will have serious flash flooding. It may be a narrow corridor but too hard to pinpoint until the event is well underway. Could be 1-2 inch per hour rain rates for a few hours.

I feel so lucky that very little water has come in through the basement, sump pump went on, I pulled up some carpet tiles and I'm shop-vacking.

There was literally 8 inches of water next to my basement and I had to use water activated dams and pavers to keep the water out.