• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

Weather channel guy Jim Cantore was reporting from the docks of my village. That can’t be good lol

Cantore calling Andrew Cuomo a liar for suggesting NYC is in jeopardy. "There is no hurricane warning for NYC". Priceless.

The media really hyping this one up!!!

"Run for your lives!!! The world is gonna end!!!"

Gimme a break...we survived Hurricane Sandy!! If that didn't kill us, nothing will!!! :rofl:

Well, personally we did lose 2 house in Sandy, so...

I'll be honest, I haven't been following these tropical threats closely this summer and I'm a bit caught off guard on how shitty this could be somewhere between NYC and Boston. Obviously, this is no CAT 4 hurricane but an assload of heavy rain and wind is not needed in the world right now in a highly populated area.

Problem is as with Sandy it's on a full moon tide days(1-2 a month), and that could add significant storm surge water if it makes landfall at high tide. But this storm isn't as big as Sandy, looks like landfall will coincide with low tide and it's moving much faster.

You're fucked. Run, buddy. He's like the fifth horseman.

Just please make sure Dunkin’ Donuts caters my funeral. Thanks!

Cantore calling Andrew Cuomo a liar for suggesting NYC is in jeopardy. "There is no hurricane warning for NYC". Priceless.

Almost makes it totally worth the storm lol

It was all about the rain with this storm.

Always was going to be if the track was east of Montauk (as it was). Some crazy scenes from areas getting 7+" of rain. Typically with tropical systems anyone west of the storm center/track experience much less wind issues but the heaviest rainfall. That was the case in western LI, NYC, NNJ and the Hudson Valley and CT with 5-10 inches of rain.

Lol I’ve passed gas with stronger wind than this storm

Yeah, winds away from the immediate coast were no big deal. Need to keep an eye out Monday for isloated thunderstorms that could produce strong winds.

...NEW YORK...

...SUFFOLK COUNTY...

GREAT GULL ISLAND 69 MPH 1201 PM 08/22 WXFLOW

STONY BROOK 53 MPH 1008 AM 08/22 CWOP

BAITING HOLLOW 52 MPH 1100 AM 08/22 CWOP

1 N ORIENT 50 MPH 1147 AM 08/22 TRAINED SPOTTER

NAPEAGUE 49 MPH 1029 AM 08/22 WXFLOW

FISHERS ISLAND AIRPORT 48 MPH 1131 AM 08/22 WXFLOW

EATONS NECK 46 MPH 0238 PM 08/22 WXFLOW

MONTAUK AIRPORT 45 MPH 1124 AM 08/22 ASOS

SOUTHOLD 41 MPH 1125 AM 08/22 CWOP

MECOX BAY 38 MPH 0811 AM 08/22 WXFLOW

ORIENT POINT 38 MPH 0805 AM 08/22 CWOP

WESTHAMPTON AIRPORT 38 MPH 1030 AM 08/22 ASOS

SOUTHOLD 37 MPH 1245 PM 08/22 NYSM

ORIENT 36 MPH 0215 PM 08/22 CWOP

SHIRLEY AIRPORT 36 MPH 0857 AM 08/22 ASOS

EAST HAMPTON 35 MPH 0935 AM 08/22 AWOS

FIRE ISLAND CG 35 MPH 0131 PM 08/22 WXFLOW

Yeah, winds away from the immediate coast were no big deal. Need to keep an eye out Monday for isloated thunderstorms that could produce strong winds.

...NEW YORK...

...SUFFOLK COUNTY...

GREAT GULL ISLAND 69 MPH 1201 PM 08/22 WXFLOW

STONY BROOK 53 MPH 1008 AM 08/22 CWOP

BAITING HOLLOW 52 MPH 1100 AM 08/22 CWOP

1 N ORIENT 50 MPH 1147 AM 08/22 TRAINED SPOTTER

NAPEAGUE 49 MPH 1029 AM 08/22 WXFLOW

FISHERS ISLAND AIRPORT 48 MPH 1131 AM 08/22 WXFLOW

EATONS NECK 46 MPH 0238 PM 08/22 WXFLOW

MONTAUK AIRPORT 45 MPH 1124 AM 08/22 ASOS

SOUTHOLD 41 MPH 1125 AM 08/22 CWOP

MECOX BAY 38 MPH 0811 AM 08/22 WXFLOW

ORIENT POINT 38 MPH 0805 AM 08/22 CWOP

WESTHAMPTON AIRPORT 38 MPH 1030 AM 08/22 ASOS

SOUTHOLD 37 MPH 1245 PM 08/22 NYSM

ORIENT 36 MPH 0215 PM 08/22 CWOP

SHIRLEY AIRPORT 36 MPH 0857 AM 08/22 ASOS

EAST HAMPTON 35 MPH 0935 AM 08/22 AWOS

FIRE ISLAND CG 35 MPH 0131 PM 08/22 WXFLOW

Yeah, where I am in Port Jefferson, it’s one of the higher elevations on the island and usually our winds seem a bit higher than blocks away but yesterday was pretty non eventful.

Yeah, where I am in Port Jefferson, it’s one of the higher elevations on the island and usually our winds seem a bit higher than blocks away but yesterday was pretty non eventful.

Pretty uneventful in Holtsville/Farmingville as well, Big K!

Same in Ronkonkoma. I feel like today was worse. Memorial Day Weekend was definitely worse.

Dude, I didn't know you lived so close!! That's awesome! When we go check out a game this season, you should come join us for a few! :cheers:

Yea I am not far from Flanagan's. I know you posted about that place a few times in the past.

The new hang out is Parsnips, SBR!! The owner is a retired policeman and he's a Rangers fan too!

I'm pretty sure we can tag Keirik and RJ to hop down for a few cold ones and a game!!

Bring it my good man!!! It'll be a blast!!

The new hang out is Parsnips, SBR!! The owner is a retired policeman and he's a Rangers fan too!

I'm pretty sure we can tag Keirik and RJ to hop down for a few cold ones and a game!!

Bring it my good man!!! It'll be a blast!!

Parsnips….ooof. I’ll hang anywhere but if Im talking with a chick and her dentures fall in my lap then this isn’t exactly the night I was expecting…..

Parsnips….ooof. I’ll hang anywhere but if Im talking with a chick and her dentures fall in my lap then this isn’t exactly the night I was expecting…..

I know...I used to hang out there when I used to cut English class back in 1985!!!

But damn, how things changed, Big K. You gotta see it now. Real girls!! ...No dentures! I can't even believe it's the same place.

TailGaitors still has all the TV's and is probably better suited for a game....or I'm pretty sure I can find a pretty cool spot in between distances.

I know...I used to hang out there when I used to cut English class back in 1985!!!

But damn, how things changed, Big K. You gotta see it now. Real girls!! ...No dentures! I can't even believe it's the same place.

TailGaitors still has all the TV's and is probably better suited for a game....or I'm pretty sure I can find a pretty cool spot in between distances.

:cheers:

At least you know there won't be scraping.

Ooooooffff lol

:cheers:

Ooooooffff lol

How'd everything go with the flooding up by you, man? I heard it wasn't too bad at all.

I went to play golf at Sayville yesterday, and we shouldda took a canoe instead of a cart!! Fucking sand traps had water in them too! Looked like a water hazard, some of them!! LOL

How'd everything go with the flooding up by you, man? I heard it wasn't too bad at all.

I went to play golf at Sayville yesterday, and we shouldda took a canoe instead of a cart!! Fucking sand traps had water in them too! Looked like a water hazard, some of them!! LOL

No flooding whatsoever for me but my elevation is close to bald hills elevation so usually I’m fine unless all of Long Island is underwater

No flooding whatsoever for me but my elevation is close to bald hills elevation so usually I’m fine unless all of Long Island is underwater

Ahhh Cool!

Yeah I think the media over blew that whole storm situation. I guess they needed the ratings. I just can't believe all the sheep that loaded up and ran gas stations outta fuel!!! ...Like where the fuck were they going in a storm??? ...and if it was a hurricane like they said, who'd even be leaving the house???

I don't get the whole "load up on gas", "fill every container" and "we need 5000 rolls of toilet paper". I never bought into the media hype of "Run for your lives, The world is coming to an end!"

I just made sure I had a bottle of Kettle one and a few beers to watch TV with....which I did....so I watched all the "breaking the bands" shows!