• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

Just once I would like to have a snowstorm on LI where its all light fluffy snow. I am so sick of the wet shit mixed in. I really wish I spent the extra hundred+ on a 3 stage snow blower vs the normal 2 stage. My next one will definitely be 3 stage.

We got so fortunate. My old partner retired a few months ago and moved to Florida. Before he left, he gave me his 2 year old commercial grade snow blower. My god it?s a beast. Throws the snow a good 50 ft lol. Almost made it fun to have the snow here on the north shore lol

We got so fortunate. My old partner retired a few months ago and moved to Florida. Before he left, he gave me his 2 year old commercial grade snow blower. My god it’s a beast. Throws the snow a good 50 ft lol. Almost made it fun to have the snow here on the north shore lol

My blower is no slouch by any means. I thought I did my due diligence getting a big 26" blower with a nice sized motor to match. When I went out Monday evening and it was mostly powder it was slinging it no problem. Tuesday afternoon was another story though. The snow that froze over night as well as all the wet slushy shit under that frozen layer really made my snow blower work for its results. If I chop up chunks of the ice/snow with the shovel to break it up and then hit it with the blower it will do its job. A 3 stage blower would do that itself.

The mixed snow/sleet/rain storms have been brutal. We are managing historic winter storms with "marginal" airmasses that barely support snow. Winters are getting warmer but storms are more juiced up (thank warmer ocean temps.) so atleast for now, our area is still getting hit with big snow amounts.

My blower is no slouch by any means. I thought I did my due diligence getting a big 26" blower with a nice sized motor to match. When I went out Monday evening and it was mostly powder it was slinging it no problem. Tuesday afternoon was another story though. The snow that froze over night as well as all the wet slushy shit under that frozen layer really made my snow blower work for its results. If I chop up chunks of the ice/snow with the shovel to break it up and then hit it with the blower it will do its job. A 3 stage blower would do that itself.

Ours is two stage I think but the Toro was still a beast. Some power max 30” with a 302cc I think that is gigantic but was well worth it.

And free! Lol

Ours is two stage I think but the Toro was still a beast. Some power max 30” with a 302cc I think that is gigantic but was well worth it.

And free! Lol

A few years ago I received a free industrial snowblower from a coworker who retired and moved to PA(not sure why they wouldn't want it, they moved to a house that had their own landing strip and a barn for their RV...huge property). I didn't need it so I gave it to my brother in law who plows and clears snow in the winter. I sometimes regret that decision lol.

And here I am in Grey fuckin County, Ontario, with my trusty shovel. Builds character. When my Bommer Bruins Ultrafan neighbour starts wheeling his blower over to help, I take a certain satisfaction in telling him to fuck off.

I shoveled my whole life, my apologies for treating myself lol. I usually help out 4 of my neighbors too.

And here I am in Grey fuckin County, Ontario, with my trusty shovel. Builds character. When my Bommer Bruins Ultrafan neighbour starts wheeling his blower over to help, I take a certain satisfaction in telling him to fuck off.

Pending spinal fusion surgery will ruin any thoughts of shoveling, trust me lol

I actually make my wife and kids do it, or I pay somebody.

Who am I kidding.

I used to shovel, but we have weeks where we get hammered. I'd have to go out every few hours or you are shoveling 12"+ at 5am before work after getting hammered the night before.

Worse was coming home to a driveway that you can't get in.

I tried snowblowing at our 'new' house the first year - but no thanks. Especially if you have to shovel off the rink after that.

Just looked, and it's supposed to say below freezing for us all week. More backyard skating!