• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

Snowstorm of some magnitude likely Sunday night into Monday.

Models trying to iron things out but potential for more than 6 inches of snow for many in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic. Still trying to pinpoint the axis for heaviest snow totals but it could set up somewhere in the tri-state area...potentially closer to the coast this time around.

I'd say max. potential based on the set up would be for a swath of 12-18 inch snow totals somewhere. We'll see how the models look over the weekend. The trend this winter has for fairly large changes even just 2-3 days out before potential storms. Models have been struggling.

No problem. Definitely looks like some area is going to see 12+" of snow from this pinpointing the location is tough still as storm track and intensity is in question. Definitely looks rough Monday, and potentially into early Tuesday. Major winds possible during the event.

No problem. Definitely looks like some area is going to see 12+" of snow from this pinpointing the location is tough still as storm track and intensity is in question. Definitely looks rough Monday, and potentially into early Tuesday. Major winds possible during the event.
Don't tease me. What am I getting lol?

Looks like quite a bit. Does it really matter if it?s 9 inches vs 14? Definitely a chance of 18? or more somewhere in NJ in a snowiest case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It matters for my soon-to-be replaced hip LOL.

I can probably manage shoveling six or eight inches, a foot or 14 inches and I'm going to be in a lot of trouble haha.

Yeah, I was starting to daydream of spring the past week or two. Now we get crushed. After this storm, looks like a bit of a break, maybe some rain next weekend and then a period of cold and potentially snowy weather for mid-month. I think February is going to remind us it is still winter and the month of the year we, on average see our most snow.

It matters for my soon-to-be replaced hip LOL.

I can probably manage shoveling six or eight inches, a foot or 14 inches and I'm going to be in a lot of trouble haha.

Ooof. Good luck. Probably will be worse if sleet mixed in, weighing it down. Models continue to advertise 12?+ potential for many. We?ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Maybe us people up north lower dutchess county won't get as much .

Large scale. long duration storm. Many areas could see 12"+ as long as they don't mix with sleet or rain which is more a concern along the coast, especially central and southern NJ and parts of Long Island.

Some models even hitting at a zone of 20"+ totals but finding that bullseye is impossible until the storm is underway tomorrow.

Think I'm ready ,snow blower ready

Good! I think you'll need it.

I think we'll all be busy digging out from this by Tuesday. These long duration snow events (almost a 2 part-event) always have surprises. Someone area in eastern PA, NNJ, NY and Connecticut will see 20"+ easily.