• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

Looks like the first regionwide snow "event" Friday. Several inches likely. A swath of heavier snow may fall somewhere across NJ or Long Island as well. Should be only a 6-9 hour event. Worst definitely occuring during morning rush hours Friday. Short duration of snow event should keep snow totals from getting out of hand.

Edited by Parsley
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i cant empty old gasoline from my snowblower.  Now it wont start

Clean the carburetor, probably has some build up from the old fuel, should start then

Use a vice grip to pinch the line that goes from the tank to the carburetor so fuel doesn’t spill all over the place when you take it off to clean.  Or you can not pinch it and empty the tank out that way if you want to replace the fuel.  But my bet is that the carburetor and the paper filter just need to be cleaned out.  What kind of blower is it?

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski
  • TroCheckmark 1

11 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Clean the carburetor, probably has some build up from the old fuel, should start then

Use a vice grip to pinch the line that goes from the tank to the carburetor so fuel doesn’t spill all over the place when you take it off to clean.  Or you can not pinch it and empty the tank out that way if you want to replace the fuel.  But my bet is that the carburetor and the paper filter just need to be cleaned out.  What kind of blower is it?

not doing it, im really in the dark with all these carburetors and shit.  If i knew i had to empty it out at the end of every season, i would've never bought the damn thing.  

i dont remember what kind it is, i'll have to look it up when i get home

40 minutes ago, CCCP said:

not doing it, im really in the dark with all these carburetors and shit.  If i knew i had to empty it out at the end of every season, i would've never bought the damn thing.  

All you need to do is remove the line from the tank at the carburetor to empty it.  Cleaning the carburetor could be as easy as only cleaning the tiny hole in the ball valve 

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski
  • TroCheckmark 1

18 hours ago, CCCP said:

Just put some fuel stabilizer in it at the end of the year, and maybe start it up a couple times in the summer.

Easiest thing to do is just run it out of fuel before you put it away.

• TroCheckmark 1