• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

6 minutes ago, josh said:

Too many trees to have riding lawnmower/tractor? 

No. Just too rocky. I swear my yard is a rock/slate farm. I can pull 3' shards of rock out of my lawn at any time. Front and back.  

Although I think I'm getting one this spring.  Too much to do with a push mower. Too young to hire a landscaper (though I did this past summer because it was a busy summer). Should really dump a couple yards of dirt and sod it. Can't afford that yet. 

Edited by The Dude

Just now, Parsley said:

Sounding the alarm for Nor’easter/ Snowstorm potential Friday night into Saturday. Need to iron out lots of

details 4 days out but “potential” for significant winter storm is on the table. 

That long term radar looks pretty ominous, eh Parsley?

4 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Sounding the alarm for Nor’easter/ Snowstorm potential Friday night into Saturday. Need to iron out lots of

details 4 days out but “potential” for significant winter storm is on the table. 

will it snow on Henrik's night or possibly after midnight?

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That long term radar looks pretty ominous, eh Parsley?

2 minutes ago, CCCP said:

will it snow on Henrik's night or possibly after midnight?

Models definitely beefing up the threat. Timing is tough thus far out. As of now brunt of storm would be Saturday. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Should I be stocking up on toilet paper and water?  NY Post says a foot of snow in NYC.  

Potential is there, but I think we need another 24 hours before the models can be trusted. Going to be a sharp cut off (west less, east more) in the tri-state area depending on storm track. Some of the snowier models show 12-24 inch potential, while other are under 6 inches.  Timing still appears to be primarily Saturday.

50 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

What’s Bayonne/Jersey City/Elizabeth area looking like

In the same boat as everywhere else right now. Snow likely late Friday night through Saturday. Models showing anywhere from a few inches to a few feet at this time . That about covers it. It's literally impossible to nail down anticipated snow amounts until atleast Thursday. Now in terms of potential, I've been thinking 12-24 inch potential in snowiest case scenario.....although I've seen a model show even more than that. 

Saturday definitely has "shut down" potential in a worst case scenario. 

5 hours ago, Parsley said:

In the same boat as everywhere else right now. Snow likely late Friday night through Saturday. Models showing anywhere from a few inches to a few feet at this time . That about covers it. It's literally impossible to nail down anticipated snow amounts until atleast Thursday. Now in terms of potential, I've been thinking 12-24 inch potential in snowiest case scenario.....although I've seen a model show even more than that. 

Saturday definitely has "shut down" potential in a worst case scenario. 

And of course last week I swapped from a night shift Saturday to a morning shift so now I'll have to wake up extra early to dig myself out.  FML.