• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY JETS Discussion

Shane Falco

44 minutes ago, Br4d said:

That would be a total disaster because I want him to play QB.  He can't be worse than ZW.

ZW is the worst QB to get starts in 3 NFL seasons.  The only guy who comes close is Joey Harrington and even he was better than Zach.

Actually Zach Wilson has similar stats of JaMarcus Russell.  

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

Actually Zach Wilson has similar stats of JaMarcus Russell.  

Not if you adjust for era.  The passing rules have become ridiculously unbalanced in favor of the offense over time.  2010 was a very different time than 2020.

It's beyond comprehension what the Jets are doing here.

Bringing in Trevor Siemian when you have Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco - who knows the whole goddamn offense and actually won a few games with this team last year, Nick Foles - all unemployed. Colin Kaepernick sent them a letter asking to be able to lead their practice squad and he's probably a better choice at this point too.

11 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

It's beyond comprehension what the Jets are doing here.

Bringing in Trevor Siemian when you have Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco - who knows the whole goddamn offense and actually won a few games with this team last year, Nick Foles - all unemployed. Colin Kaepernick sent them a letter asking to be able to lead their practice squad and he's probably a better choice at this point too.

Matt Ryan said he's not interested.  Flacco looked disinterested being on the team last year.  Tiki Barber mentioned that their is a reason behind the scenes why Wentz has been on 3 teams in 3 seasons.  Colin Kaepernick got a raw deal, but he hasnt thrown an NFL pass in 7 years, no one can come back from being out of the league for 7 years.  

4 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Matt Ryan said he's not interested.  Flacco looked disinterested being on the team last year.  Tiki Barber mentioned that their is a reason behind the scenes why Wentz has been on 3 teams in 3 seasons.  Colin Kaepernick got a raw deal, but he hasnt thrown an NFL pass in 7 years, no one can come back from being out of the league for 7 years.  

Apparently he's still working on football three hours a day. 

I'd still take Kaepernick over Wilson or Siemian even with the 7 year hiatus. 

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

and 2002 - 2007  (Joey Harrington) was very different than 2010-2012.   

This is true.  The NFL as a whole completed less than 60% (59.6%)of their passes in 2002.  By 2010 they were up to 60.8%.  Today they're at 64.2%.

Harrington was terribad by NFL 2002 standards but he was not compared to Zach Wilson in 2021 and 2022 and 2023.

5 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

I truly think Wilson is poison in the room and has virtually zero respect from anyone other than the coach (and maybe a guy with a blown out knee on his couch on the west coast) who apparently is committed to dying on the Wilson hill which will probably cost him his job in the end. I don't think Kaepernick is a realistic option based on his time away and the circus he would bring to town, he does fit the anybody but Wilson requirement.  Don't care what the reason is that Wentz has played for three teams he's a better player in his sleep. A disinterested Flacco is as well. The defense is ready to print some shirts with any of those guys names on them today.

Unless you're buying into Wilson is the long term answer in the Rogers afterlife, cut bait this kid stinks, stinks!

Maybe Darnold round 2 Slappy. 🤣

Thankfully in life I've been spared of being a Jets fan.

Edited by jsrangers

The Jets problem hierarchy is Woody Johnson >>> Joe Douglas >> Zach Wilson > Robert Saleh.

The Jets cannot win with any of the first 3 problems in place and likely not with Saleh either but he is like a little problem compared to the enormous ego problems present next to him.

Woody Johnson believes that you can win a championship by spending money on big ticket free agents and hiring first time DC's as the head coach and letting them develop rookie QB's who get spat out on the field immediately.  He has done this 3 times now.  He has bought high-priced veteran QB's near the end of their career twice now and been let down by the NFL being the NFL both times due to injuries.  He spends his money on players and not coaches and so the whole thing always winds up as a landslide into the sea before it runs it's course.

The problem is anybody can make huge money in the NFL because of the way the TV contracts and other revenue sharing is set up.  That's the hook that keeps him in the game because he's making money hand over fist even as he costs all the other owners money on his end.

I’ve never been so encouraged by a Jets loss as I was Sunday night.

Not only did Zach Wilson look good, not only did he look like he belonged, he looked like a stud.

I am not, in any way, saying he is out of the woods yet. No no no. This is the Jets. And one game may very well be a blip. But everything about him, from his confidence airing it out, to his accuracy (the bullet to Lazard, the back shoulder throw to Ruckert to start the 2nd half), to his taking accountability for the loss because of the fumble in the 4th. He looked like a new man.

Kid has talent. And he has an arm. It looked like they found ways to make him get rid of the ball quickly. Loved not having Duane Brown around, the adjustments made to the OL looked good.

We are 1-3. The most brutal part of the schedule is just about over (I know we have Philly in the next few weeks). But other than that, there are now some games that look very winnable. Denver, the Giants, the Chargers flying cross country. 

If the other night was a blip on the radar, well then yeah, we’re fucked. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. But, but….But if that was maybe a little bit of a turning point and can act as a springboard for Zach to get himself and the offense rolling, then even at 1-3, this season is far from over.

Very anxious to see how he and this offense looks against Denver. That’s a must-win.

Edited by RichieNextel305

I dunno fellas.  This kid has a really good arm, and I just think the only thing he lacks is a little more protection in the pocket, and more experience.

I'd take this kid on the Raiders in a heartbeat!  It was really cool watching him shred up that Chiefs secondary...and me as a Raiders fan, was pulling for him big last Sunday night.  If the fans ever get behind this kid and give him some confidence, I think they'll be very surprised what he can do.

I like him, and I'm gonna keep rooting for him to pull you guys to the playoffs!

I totally agree with you Ozzy ,I am very happy for the kid ,I think he is a good young man with slot of good tools 

This organization is known for ruining QB 's ,they completely tied Wilson hands  where he couldn't run or throw down field ,or even throw on the run ,,very hard to succeed under those conditions ,they took the hand cuffs off this past week ,he looked.pretty good. lets see what happens from here  on in

• TroCheckmark 1

2 hours ago, lefty9 said:

Even though he wasn't drafted by the jets,Martin as pretty good

Curtis Martin was a great back but his thing was dependability.

Breece Hall and McNeil have/had wheels and were a threat on every carry.

Hall had 22 carries for 177 yards on Sunday.  That's 72 yards on 1 carry and averaging 5 yards on the other 21.

Edited by Br4d

10 hours ago, Br4d said:

The pass rush is pretty good and we've got a pair of LB's on a tear in Mosley and Quincy Williams.  That sets up the secondary to make plays.

To beat the Eagles with Sauce and DJ Reed and Echols out. And obviously Rodgers. Just insane, insane win.

3-3 into the Bye. Given all the adversity they have had to face, between the injuries and having a schedule that has included Buffalo, Dallas, Kansas City and Philadelphia, that is about as well as you could have hoped. And now, the schedule loosens up following the Bye. Not to shit on teams like the Chargers, but we already went through the gauntlet of the schedule. And we have a pulse. Unbelievable win.