• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY JETS Discussion

Shane Falco

21 hours ago, Br4d said:

Trading for Davante Adams will do nothing for the Jets.  A fish rots at the head and it doesn't really matter what the flippers are capable of when the head is rotted away.

Incorrect IMO.

It can’t be just him. They NEED to get this offensive line fixed, healthy and better. You go no where without a good line. Losing AVT 2 straight years is a killer (both in Denver ironically enough). Becton has played well after years of not being in shape or healthy. Upgrades through draft or free agency need to be made.

But again, after they get some protection, they need skill position help. All you have is Breece Hall, who most teams stack the box again, and then Garrett Wilson, who most teams double anyway. Why? Because Allen Lazard sucks. I cannot believe how bad he’s been with the drops, but he cannot be relied on as anything more than a third option. That’s where getting Adam’s comes in; to open up room for himself and for Garrett. 

Skill position areas desperately need upgrades. But that offensive line does too. They need to get healthy and weed out the weak. Right now, everyone is banged up and their best player is out for the year up there in AVT.

The Jets are where they are because the owners believe in star power to market instead of solid building to create a good team.

Until that gets fixed the Jets will just blow chunks year after year.  I'm thinking it will take a death in the Johnson family for any improvement to occur unless the Jets get sold prior to that.

Probably another decade of this stuff waiting for Woody to kick off.

Edited by Br4d

If you're going to trade for Aaron Rodgers you'd better build an OL in front of him.  That move by the Jets and the lack of accompanying upgrades on the OL was probably the absolute worst strategy of any NFL team last season.  It might have been the worst move for many seasons past.

It's going to create tremendous chaos in the Jets off-season this year whether it's lame duck Joe Douglas or somebody new in the GM spot.  Whoever it is they're going to have to consider moving some of the defensive stars for offensive talent on the line, whether that's in the form of solid mid-career OL or high picks to draft a few good ones next season.

Probably the Jets would be better off just rebuilding again but even that is complicated by Rodger's presence.

This is like the penultimate fuckup of Woody Johnson's ownership.  No matter what he does he is screwed.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

The best player on each squad is a RB which tells you all you need to know about the talent management.

I’m a Giants fan and it’s really hard to tell which team is better at times.   The Jets should be because of their defense.  
Today the Jets have a first time qb playing and it’s 2 and 1 in the 4th quarter  of a game they aren’t going to win and instead of trying to run on 2nd or 3rd down they throw when Miami is hounding the qb every play.   That’s just bad coaching.  

• 2 weeks later...

If you take it as a given that it is not that hard to find a mediocre NFL QB then what the Jets have done over the last decade+ is astounding.

In only one season since 2011 has the Jets QB been mediocre and not outright bad, that being 2015 when Ryan Fitzpatrick performed well enough for the Jets to almost make the playoffs, losing out on the last day of the season.

In every other season the Jets QB has been somewhere on the bad to terrible spectrum.  It's almost impossible to do what the Jets have done over that span.  It takes tremendous lack of scouting ability combined with tremendous lack of coaching ability combined with tremendous lack of talent to go on that run.

I don't care what the rest of the team looks like.  The QB disaster makes the Jets continuously unwatchable.  It's impossible for me to root for them at this point because they do such a wonderful job of blowing their own toes off every week.  It's like a decade of 1995-1996 action on offense.

And to make things ever worse the Jets hands are tied again this off-season as we all wait for a QB who will turn 41 next season to come in and flash the crowd before he's carted off again.

Edited by Br4d

The Jets want to put Zach Wilson back in at QB but he's reluctant according to the rumor mill.

When will The Onion do a sports page so they can regularly report on the NY Jets?  The material is hysterical and naturally occurring and it just flows endlessly.

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Aiden O' Connell...good kid...but we need a stronger arm, and I think Chad would be great under AP!  O' Connell is a really good backup.

If O'Connell is a really good backup he's a better starting QB than anybody the Jets have played for more than a series since 2015.

The really sad thing is that it's almost like the future is pre-determined for the Jets at this point.  Being tied to Aaron Rodgers next season is the ultimate roadblock between where they are and where they need to be.

His presence is likely to keep JD in place, a decision that is truly crippling on many levels for the franchise.  Saleh may or may not get the heave-ho and truth be told if JD is still going to be around it is better that Saleh stay also.  There has to be no impediment to the total toilet-flushing that will need to happen in the organization before 2025.

My guess is that if things proceed in the direction they seem to be going that the Jets next playoff spot will be in the early 2030's.

Goodell just predicted an expansion of NFL play internationally over the next few seasons.  Maybe the plan is to send the Jets on the road when they are no longer able to sell tickets or merchandise at home?

Edited by Br4d
Expanded bloviation
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

If O'Connell is a really good backup he's a better starting QB than anybody the Jets have played for more than a series since 2015.

Nah, I want Zach!  I like that #2 overall kinda feel.  Our offensive line will work for him.