• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat recent take on Spooner.

https://causewaycrowd.com/2018/01/11/boston-bruins-ryan-spooner-aims-high/

Wonder if he stays. AV is similar to Julien, in that he is quick to pull the plug on younger players. But at 26, hrs not really too young. I think the guy is pretty good. He was getting 2nd line minutes according to the article (not sure if thats considered sheltered). Whats the price tag here? Is he a guy to keep around?

Kreider- Zib- Buch

Spooner- Chytil- Hopefully not Zucc or Miller

Vesey- Hayes- ?/ Lettieri

Belensky- Andersson-?

They need bodies for next season. Theres no guarantee that Chytil or Andersson will be ready to take on any role by next season.

Tavares/ Kovalchuk? Yeah baby,

Somewhat recent take on Spooner.

https://causewaycrowd.com/2018/01/11/boston-bruins-ryan-spooner-aims-high/

Wonder if he stays. AV is similar to Julien, in that he is quick to pull the plug on younger players. But at 26, hrs not really too young. I think the guy is pretty good. He was getting 2nd line minutes according to the article (not sure if thats considered sheltered). Whats the price tag here? Is he a guy to keep around?

Kreider- Zib- Buch

Spooner- Chytil- Hopefully not Zucc or Miller

Vesey- Hayes- ?/ Lettieri

Belensky- Andersson-?

They need bodies for next season. Theres no guarantee that Chytil or Andersson will be ready to take on any role by next season.

Tavares/ Kovalchuk? Yeah baby,

Spooner has been their most incosistent player all year. Beleskey has been in the A all year.

Spooner has been their most incosistent player all year. Beleskey has been in the A all year.

Ok.... And?

Article says Spooner had come alive since returning from injury. Though that was a month ago.

Beleskey went after Matt Martin and dropped the gloves for Martins attempt to run Bjork (good, I hate her), back in November.. A decent energy player with a bad contract.. Hasnt been in the A tje whole season.

Definitely spots on this roster for them IMO. I guess this is you disagreeing?

Good news for the future... but the existing team is going to be painful to watch down the stretch

It's got the potential to be painful well beyond this year while all these draft picks learn the NHL game. Hoping they don't swing and miss completely with any of these picks. Outside of Spooner who I guess could be flipped we don't have a guaranteed roster player for next year but some solid picks if used right.

Having picks is great if they don't blow it like they did with McIlrath.

Serious and not a wise ass question who are some of the higher round picks we currently have on our roster? It's been a while no?

I like the move for Nash although I would take him back in a heartbeat on a favorable deal.

I hope they deal McD for a NHL roster player who's already well established.

If a guy like Beleskey is on the roster next year that's a terrible sign, he's been junk for a few years now at the NHL level. I don't think or at least I hope they aren't relying on polishing turds to make this team better - I don't believe they are.

If a guy like Beleskey is on the roster next year that's a terrible sign, he's been junk for a few years now at the NHL level. I don't think or at least I hope they aren't relying on polishing turds to make this team better - I don't believe they are.

Beleskey was probably just to take money off the B’s hands.

Ok.... And?

Article says Spooner had come alive since returning from injury. Though that was a month ago.

Beleskey went after Matt Martin and dropped the gloves for Martins attempt to run Bjork (good, I hate her), back in November.. A decent energy player with a bad contract.. Hasnt been in the A tje whole season.

Definitely spots on this roster for them IMO. I guess this is you disagreeing?

Since when do we care about what an article says? Spooner has been their most inconsistent player. That’s just a fact. If a fresh start gets him going, that’ll be great. He has some upside that he can potentially reach. Hopefully it happens here.

Beleskey got a pretty good contract after having a decent season and playoff year for the Ducks. He’s been down ever since. He played 14 games in the NHL this year and he makes 4 million. He’s never hit 40 points in a season, makes frequent trips to the A, and goes up and down more than a hooker at Hunt’s Point.

Since when do we care about what an article says? Spooner has been their most inconsistent player. That’s just a fact. If a fresh start gets him going, that’ll be great. He has some upside that he can potentially reach. Hopefully it happens here.

Beleskey got a pretty good contract after having a decent season and playoff year for the Ducks. He’s been down ever since. He played 14 games in the NHL this year and he makes 4 million. He’s never hit 40 points in a season, makes frequent trips to the A, and goes up and down more than a hooker at Hunt’s Point.

Again. Does this mean you don't see spots for them on this teams roster this year and next?

I feel like they can fit.

Spooner, yes.

Beleskey, if he turns into 2015 Beleskey. If not, then no way.

But we get Beleskey in a different contract situation (i.e. retained salary). Is it just me that thinks there is a little bit of Avery in him? This could turn out to be a good pick up, if not, we bury it for little cost. Low risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

its gonna take Nash time to get comfortable after spending so long in certain system and organization. Obviously I'm hoping it doesn't work because I want a higher draft choice

I'm watching the game, that goal wasn't on Nash. It was a tap in at the end of a PK, that he had just jumped on the ice for. There was no coverage on Rask's right, garbage flukey goal, but mistake on D man.

Archived