• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

I can't believe they got a B+ D Prospect, a 1st, a 7th AND a 26 YO who produces at the same rate as Rick Nash, for, Rick Nash. Rick Nash can return as a Ranger for the next meaningful Ranger hockey game, only 8 months from now.

It's a fantastic deal.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the first and Lindgren for Nash. Spooner for taking Beleskey out of their hair. I love it. Really slick work from Gorton.

I'd do the same thing in a McDonagh and/or Zucc trade, too. Take at least one more "bad" contract off another club's hands for valuable assets.

It's the first and Lindgren for Nash. Spooner for taking Beleskey out of their hair. I love it. Really slick work from Gorton.

I'd do the same thing in a McDonagh and/or Zucc trade, too. Take at least one more "bad" contract off another club's hands for valuable assets.

It has to be an "or", doesn't it? Aren't we capped at 3 contracts with retained money?

I like Spooner but I wonder if we try to flip him for more picks

Either way I think this is a great haul. Belesky sucks but we can eat half of his cap hit and keep him in the minors. Or who knows, maybe he finds his old form again. He was good with Anaheim a few years ago

He's an upgrade on McLeod at the least.

Awesome deal. I like Lindgren, he?s been captain (or A) on every team he?s played on, including USA U18 and U20. We need more leaders like that.

Spooner, Lindgren, 1st, 3rd, 7th for 3 months of Nash and Holden. I think we ripped Boston off here.

That Boston team will be lit tho

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Factor is previous Holden deal:

Rick Nash and Nick Holden to BOS

Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, Lindgren, a 1st, a 3rd, and a 7th to NYR

It's insane.

Exactly Dunny... I?m impressed.

Add in Grabs, the capital obtained for 3 rentals is really really good. Two thumbs up thus far.

I don't understand holding Mcd or Zucc until draft. They're at peak value right now. Pull the trigger. Let's burn this fucker down.

Only happens if you are targeting a roster player of a contender, that they cant give up right now.

And you cant trade just to trade when it comes to McDonagh. Need a big return.

I don't understand holding Mcd or Zucc until draft. They're at peak value right now. Pull the trigger. Let's burn this fucker down.

it depends on some things. Karlsson is obviously being shopped too supposedly. Im not saying we should wait i just think thats whats gonna happen. Gorton is not just gonna settle....he wants a massive massive return. Right now it seems like teams are hesitant because of karlsson or maybe macs injury

I wouldnt be surprised if we flip spooner or maybe hayes/miller for more picks. Macdonagh stays until the draft. If Nash got this return then macdonagh will fetch a massive haul

McDonagh will fetch the biggest haul possible being traded now. Not at the draft.

Ditto Zucc.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived