• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

Tricky Ricky will not travel with the Bruins. Got big boo-boo it appears. Probably from counting the $8 mil. he gets as a premier penalty killer. Gee. It's simply wonderful that the NYR retain 1/2 of his salary.

Wow I'm going to partially bite my tongue here. Seriously any common sense says nash is a damn good player. Is he worth 8 mil per, not anymore, but to discount his service here is totally unjust. He did what we paid him for, unfortunately not everyone plays in the crease or is real productive in the postseason. But you honestly are just trolling people on him and at this point it would be better to hear from 20 7 year olds than you on this

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Finishing the regular season with another concussion (of all injuries to sustain) is going to damage Rick's market value, but Eric Staal wasn't looking any more desirable two years ago, and the Wild has gotten two fabulous seasons out of him. At the start of the season, I thought Rick would be getting $5m per for three years. Now, I'd say it looks more like $3.5m. Not a bad price for a guy who is still likely to score 20-25 goals and play good defense. I think we already have enough forwards to sift through, but I wouldn't be screaming if we signed him. I think the Bruins probably will not.

Let him go there. Nash's time with the Rangers is over. We need new faces/talent. The days of yore are now over and the rebuild begins. I don't want Grabner back either.

ONWARD AND UPWARD, gang!

I thought Nash would light it up under a new system and coach, but not to be the case. I'll eat a mountain of shit on that one for you guys. But at least he doesn't have to play under AV anymore. I wish Nash well and hope he lands a great gig someplace.

Nash would consider returning to Bruins

cut.jpg

BOSTON -- Rick Nash, who can become an unrestricted free agent July 1, said he would be willing to return to the Boston Bruins.

The 33-year-old forward was acquired in a trade with the New York Rangers on Feb. 25. He had six points (three goals, three assists) in 11 regular-season games and five points (three goals, two assists) in 12 Stanley Cup Playoff games. He missed the final 12 games of the regular season because of a concussion but returned for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference First Round against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

https://www.nhl.com/news/rick-nash-would-consider-returning-to-boston-bruins/c-298537370

Tricky Ricky Na$h is looking' for a home. Soon, but not soon enough, the NYR will be off the hook for $4 million.

Go Rangers!!

The games I caught he played well and had tons of opps, even played goalie! Anyway, where we stand right now we probably don't want Nasher "on top of" Kovy (if that happens). Money isn't the issue and shouldn't be, whether it's 5mil or 3.5. It's the issue of which player(s) he's taking time away from and possibly being a whole lot better than we may want to be.

We need the right kid of vets and kids, lean more towards MORE vets, then we become a bubble team with Hank having everything to say about that. Can't go too much towards kids, then u have a case of the blind leading the blind. Bottom line, I suppose I have no prob with Nasher at 3.5 he would do a lot of good as a Daddy. And yeah, he has done the Rangers very well with players coming here.

I still think Boston is a good fit for him. He doesnt need to be the goal scorer, he doesnt need to be the leader, he doesnt need to be the captain, he doesnt need to be the best PKer out there. He does the little things right, and with their influx of youth, he's a good stable player.

I still think Boston is a good fit for him. He doesnt need to be the goal scorer, he doesnt need to be the leader, he doesnt need to be the captain, he doesnt need to be the best PKer out there. He does the little things right, and with their influx of youth, he's a good stable player.

And I am pretty sure they are taking that into consideration. He was more than a solid, stable forward and provides scoring depth. Nice think they'll sign him, and surprisingly enough he wants to stay there. Guess he got "inside info" that the Rangers probably aren't interested. But yeah, that concussion will really hurt his contract. Maybe we give him 6.5 for one year and see......what happens? Could always trade him again at tdl and get anogher coup YET AGAIN! I would sign him, sounds like a plan.

And I am pretty sure they are taking that into consideration. He was more than a solid, stable forward and provides scoring depth. Nice think they'll sign him, and surprisingly enough he wants to stay there. Guess he got "inside info" that the Rangers probably aren't interested. But yeah, that concussion will really hurt his contract. Maybe we give him 6.5 for one year and see......what happens? Could always trade him again at tdl and get anogher coup YET AGAIN! I would sign him, sounds like a plan.

Fuck no

Concussion history is now a routine consideration for so many players, because there are so many guys who may not have their careers ended or even shortened but who just lose an edge after a certain number of them. Nash may be in that category. My big fear is that Zib93 may one good bump away from being in that category as well.

Concussion history is now a routine consideration for so many players, because there are so many guys who may not have their careers ended or even shortened but who just lose an edge after a certain number of them. Nash may be in that category. My big fear is that Zib93 may one good bump away from being in that category as well.

I'd already have both of them in that category, personally.

Archived