• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of young defenseman our hot mess of a putrid back end actually needs.

It's a rebuild after all. BUT seems a long way off, in terms of college years left to complete -- 2 more?

While I don’t have he disdain for #61 that several rangers fans seem to have, I am perplexed by a team rolling the dice on him for a deep post season push when his stats in the post season are arguably his biggest point of contention as to his legitimacy as a “star player”.

I mean, we’ve all seen him on deep runs. While I value how hard he played for us, looking at stat sheets leaves a lot to be desired. I mean, if I were Boston, I probably would have pursued Brassard harder and paid less, based on his post season resume.

While I don’t have he disdain for #61 that several rangers fans seem to have, I am perplexed by a team rolling the dice on him for a deep post season push when his stats in the post season are arguably his biggest point of contention as to his legitimacy as a “star player”.

I mean, we’ve all seen him on deep runs. While I value how hard he played for us, looking at stat sheets leaves a lot to be desired. I mean, if I were Boston, I probably would have pursued Brassard harder and paid less, based on his post season resume.

well i agree. I guess boston feels a change of scenery will all of sudden change that. Nash is still good but they paid the price for a bigtime difference maker and i dont think he is that anymore

This is a great return. Not sure how anybody could even question if the rangers didn’t do well here.

Lindgren is not going to light up a score sheet but so what. He’s a smart, high character, physical, and good skating defenseman. He is going to be a nhl regular, not a star but a dependable possible letter wearing player.

Spooner is either flipped for more picks or gives more depth to make more moves

Great job by Gorton here

The two things to note here are one, his scoring has actually improved in the playoffs over the last few seasons, and two, on Boston he won't be relied on as the guy the way he was in New York. He can play behind Bergeron, Marchand, etc. in a secondary role better suited to the player he is today.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The two things to note here are one, his scoring has actually improved in the playoffs over the last few seasons, and two, on Boston he won't be relied on as the guy the way he was in New York. He can play behind Bergeron, Marchand, etc. in a secondary role better suited to the player he is today.

Eh i wouldnt say it got dramatically better. Secondly the past 2 years we werent really relying on him as much as the previous 3. Site Boston has some guys but that doesnt mean he will automatically light it up

Hmmm, I don't know, we shall see. Maybe we get some reversion to the mean. He was pretty good last year. On top of that, he is just an excellent hockey player and impact player.

Boston's 1st line is among the best in the NHL. Takes pressure away from Nash. Nash gets to slot in with Louie and Kreji, which could be a real fit. His D is invaluable in the playoffs, he'll offload PK time from others too. Character guy is perfect for them, he is going to be fired up for this opportunity. He will add to their possession ability and will love their willingness to make more lateral passes to create openings. Unlike many rentals, Nash could join any team (like Team Canada) and be a contributor every nigh. And he is in a groove now and joins the hottest team over the past 45 games or so.

Hes definitely been better in the playoffs. IMO he was never really that bad, just couldn't catch a break.

I think he goes on a tear and scores like a motherfucker. He will see favorable matchups and will be able to play more to his strengths. Plus, its a contract year.

i like rick and nick but im hoping they fail just because it increases the value os that 1st

Of course. Ideally, Rick is the leading scorer in Round 1, but they go down because Marchaundella takes a 5 minute major in Game 7 and the opposition comes back to score 3 gaols to win.

Eh i wouldnt say it got dramatically better. Secondly the past 2 years we werent really relying on him as much as the previous 3. Site Boston has some guys but that doesnt mean he will automatically light it up

I never suggested it dramatically increased, nor did I suggest he was going to light it up. You're inferring these things, but I never actually offered them.

I'm simply stating facts. His scoring did improve in later playoffs runs, and with Boston he's likey to be asked to fill a secondary scoring role behind players the Rangers never had.

I could careless what he does good or bad for Boston or why Boston made the trade. That’s for their fans to worry about. As a ranger fan I like the deal

It is always about the Rangers, first, formost and only. The Rangers are part of our life, the NHL is merely a hobby.

I never suggested it dramatically increased, nor did I suggest he was going to light it up. You're inferring these things, but I never actually offered them.

I'm simply stating facts. His scoring did improve in later playoffs runs, and with Boston he's likey to be asked to fill a secondary scoring role behind players the Rangers never had.

Additionally he fits in well with two-way play leadership group over there. It's a good fit, IMO.

wasnt infering anything just relax

We'll just pretend like it never happened in preseason next year

Ha ha, love this.

Glad we are not playing Boston again. Regardless of if this is a win for them, we are all in agreement this is a big win for us because we got a serious payment of assets for a rental. If we didn't have their picks, I might even root for them to beat their do-nothing rival GMs.

OK guys, 24 hours left.

Archived