• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heard the karlson trade is triggered if you take ryan as well. massive cap hit. talk about an ownership group you never want and thats what's in ottawa.

what a hell of a move so far by gorton. this makes the draft must watch this year. i just hope they make the right picks.

never thought i'd see the rangers do this. almost better than a deep playoff run.

gorton was interviewed during the game the other night. good to see the gm out front to the fan base.

loving what i'm seeing so far.

Yeah, I'm A-OK with this. Got the first, got a workable asset in Spooner (who can either be flipped himself, or if retained, allows them to maximize returns on one of Hayes or Miller), got a second-round pick in Lindgren (Marc Staal, for when Staal is bought out?), and took on a Beleskey contract that should affect NOTHING given BOS took money on his deal to move him. Even if he's buried next season, his remaining cap hit will be negligible (sub $1M). For a rebuilding team, that doesn't matter one iota.

Rangers now have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Really good haul for a R.Nash who's disappointed since we got him. He was better this year but needed to go.

Now we're talkin. Give the hated Bruins credit, they are going for it. Hell they gave us a 3rd just to be ready for injuries on their blueline, which killed them last year. Their rebuild on the fly worked. They had 5 dmen in their system who leapfrogged O'gara, including Lindgren, who has a much better chance of being a regular in this league.

Imagine Yzerman (and Rogers Cablevision, lol) makes no significant trades, would it not serve them right to get eliminated by the Bruins. Unfortunately, I/we need to root against the B's since we now own their pick.

Can we flip Spooner immediately? Send him with McD or Zuc to increase value. Or get a 2nd for him.

heard the karlson trade is triggered if you take ryan as well. massive cap hit. talk about an ownership group you never want and thats what's in ottawa.

what a hell of a move so far by gorton. this makes the draft must watch this year. i just hope they make the right picks.

never thought i'd see the rangers do this. almost better than a deep playoff run.

gorton was interviewed during the game the other night. good to see the gm out front to the fan base.

we got off to a good start last year. Some bitch about the stepan deal but andersson and deangelo seem like solid pieces for the future. Chytl seems like a steal and was a kid shooting up the draft boards. This year we get another top 7 pick along with another first rounder and most likely another added tomorrow or the draft. Not to mention we added a couple good d prospects and we still probably have better ones coming in deals. The rebuild is starting off great

Now we're talkin. Give the hated Bruins credit, they are going for it. Hell they gave us a 3rd just to be ready for injuries on their blueline, which killed them last year. Their rebuild on the fly worked. They had 5 dmen in their system who leapfrogged O'gara, including Lindgren, who has a much better chance of being a regular in this league.

Imagine Yzerman (and Rogers Cablevision, lol) makes no significant trades, would it not serve them right to get eliminated by the Bruins. Unfortunately, I/we need to root against the B's since we now own their pick.

Can we flip Spooner immediately? Send him with McD or Zuc to increase value. Or get a 2nd for him.

its nice to be on the other side of the fence. Obviously im hoping boston also fails so that the first rounder drops

Looks like good work by Gorton so far but a lottery is still a lottery.

Right on, maybe he has been given full control of the reins in this rebuild. I was glad to see him out front, much better than a letter..

Bell and Rogers. I'm in Telco, I take umbrage to that.

LOL :rofl: Fuckin dyin here. As an old Orangeman, Rogers was like a mom-n-pop biz that owned Syracuse, but were nice about it. Then they hired you and left merica.

Hey we fam, you can take a little jostling.

JT Miller next please.

Mac should be next. Let's focus, only 28 hours left.

Miller should only be traded, if we have a real top notch offer for him. Probably shouldn't be out there just trying to dump him for picks. Unless he is some kind of poison in the locker room

Miller needs a new coach and a new culture. He will get that here next year. Can always trade him in off season or next year.

Edmonton and Buff among others might really want to add a wing like Miller (who can win faceoffs) at the draft, instead of adding another young stud they have to wait for. Just keeping Miller for more ammo at the draft could be a way to ensure we get an impact player. Or two impact players. Think big! Maybe we'll have picks 3 and 4 overall.

Miller is due a contract. If he wants to sign for 3.3, sure. If not, bye felicia.

If possible, I'd love to see the Rangers combo McDonagh & Miller/other for a legit top player. Maybe that gets you a Nylander.

His numbers this year might warrant just that. He does not have much leverage.

On your second point... NOW THATS A DIFFERENT STORY. That is the kind of idea I can get behind. Accomplishes the same goal of getting an impact player. That is the kind of deal or creativity I am looking for from mgmt.

Archived