• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His numbers this year might warrant just that. He does not have much leverage.

On your second point... NOW THATS A DIFFERENT STORY. That is the kind of idea I can get behind. Accomplishes the same goal of getting an impact player. That is the kind of deal or creativity I am looking for from mgmt.

Incorrect. He has arbitration rights, and just one year of RFA eligibility left. He holds the cards, even with a poorer than usual season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good trade, but a lot of my family are Boston fans and I don't think this is as much of a fleecing as you may think.

Spooner is the definition of "meh". Think they're version of Kevin Hayes. Only positive is that he can be flipped.

Lindgren is meh as well. Think their version of Graves or a player who projects to Nick Holden.

We get these for taking on part of a bad salary.

The first is great. The 7th is bonus.

It's a good trade and we should be satisfied. With that said, anything but the picks themselves are extra for the sweetening of other deals and should not factor into the rebuild.

No, I think I'll hang on to Ryan "Graves" Lindgren for a while, thanks.

Spooner is nothing like Hayes and is found money for Rangers, though I'll agree he's no stud.

All of this is for 20 games of service from Rick Nash and Nick Holden that mean nothing. You're better off giving them away as their presence only hurts the position of their own 1st.

This is nothing but a huge win.

That's a good thing. They're acquiring a bunch of picks. The poorer they do between now and the end of the season, the better those picks will be positioned.

Exactly. Sucks to root for them to lose but if you?re going to rebuild, do it right.

Satisfied. What a deal. Good luck Nash. Hope to see you back.

I like Spooner in the deal. Gives them a possible 2nd /3rd line center, but he is up for a new contract. Maybe hes traded by tomorrow. Or like others said, it opens up the door for the removal of Hayes or Miller.

The pick has the potential to be in the mid 20's, but that was expected.

Lindgren sounds like a good pick-up too. Adds supposed physical guy who can skate, and has leadership qualities, in a solid program.

Belensky isnt all that bad either. Just has that bad contract. He easily slides into a 3rd/4th line role and improves their physicality.

Great trade. Big return. Lets wait to see if it goes through. I have a feeling the 2 retained salaries may not add up, or theres a Ranger not being mentioned in the deal.

Hope Spooner comes here with a good outlook. He just got dealt to a hockey apocalypse from a team hoping to go far in tje playoffs.

What's his next contract going to look like? 30-40 point center at 26 years old? Already making 2.8.. Why the hell did he sign a 1 year deal for that money?

No, I think I'll hang on to Ryan "Graves" Lindgren for a while, thanks.

Spooner is nothing like Hayes and is found money for Rangers, though I'll agree he's no stud.

All of this is for 20 games of service from Rick Nash and Nick Holden that mean nothing. You're better off giving them away as their presence only hurts the position of their own 1st.

This is nothing but a huge win.

Lindgren is not seen as a strong prospect, especially since he's a two way defenseman with minimal offensive stats to show for it.

Spooner is RFA IIRC.

All this for Nash at 50% retained and for taking on a contract, even if mitigated.

Again, it's a good trade - but I'm seeing people who're saying we fleeced them.

We came out on top, but this isn't Gomez for McD.

Exactly. If you suck, embrace it, and go full suck. You'll be better for it in the long-run.

Im just worried about getting out of that hole. Theres no guarantee that that happens. I can't handle being Carolina for 3 plus years and still not looking anything like a contender. Once ownership sees that they will still be making the same money, or close to it, they may not give a shit about the product and how its run. This could be purgatory for a very long time.

Lindgren is not seen as a strong prospect, especially since he's a two way defenseman with minimal offensive stats to show for it.

Spooner is RFA IIRC.

All this for Nash at 50% retained and for taking on a contract, even if mitigated.

Again, it's a good trade - but I'm seeing people who're saying we fleeced them.

We came out on top, but this isn't Gomez for McD.

Probably not, but McD wasn't a stud prospect himself. As it stands, the kid projects as bit of a McD-light. The offensive concern is legit.

Keeping in mind I've just learned who this guy is an hour ago.

Probably not, but McD wasn't a stud prospect himself. As it stands, the kid projects as bit of a McD-light. The offensive concern is legit.

Keeping in mind I've just learned who this guy is an hour ago.

Ah gotcha. To be fair you could be right but many people knew McD's potential even then, not so much for lindgren.

As for why i equated Hayes and Spooner. It was more for current value.

Im just worried about getting out of that hole. Theres no guarantee that that happens. I can't handle being Carolina for 3 plus years and still not looking anything like a contender. Once ownership sees that they will still be making the same money, or close to it, they may not give a shit about the product and how its run. This could be purgatory for a very long time.

I think the writing was on the wall that we were heading for that direction one way or another. This simply ensures that we have options going forward.

Good trade, but a lot of my family are Boston fans and I don't think this is as much of a fleecing as you may think.

Spooner is the definition of "meh". Think they're version of Kevin Hayes. Only positive is that he can be flipped.

Lindgren is meh as well. Think their version of Graves or a player who projects to Nick Holden.

We get these for taking on part of a bad salary.

The first is great. The 7th is bonus.

It's a good trade and we should be satisfied. With that said, anything but the picks themselves are extra for the sweetening of other deals and should not factor into the rebuild.

Not everybody used the word fleecing. Emphasizing that misses the point and is a bit of a distracting bummer. Once one is comfortable with the idea that Nash (and Holden) were UFAs and had to go, what more could we have possibly wanted for rentals? Yes, I wanted Zboril instead of Lindgren, but that wasn't happening unless McD was involved.

Besides, to make this trade work capwise, Ryan and Matt needed to be added.

Spooner just turned 26 a month ago. He is a very servicable 3rd liner who has just entered his prime. His play may not improve much, but it will not descend and he likely becomes more consistent. He looks like a half a point per player. He has value. Personally, I'd trade him, but I trust Gorton has some ideas of what he will do with him.

I wonder if we have a gentleman's agreement with Boston to not move Spooner to Tampa. Could even have asked we not trade Spooner into their division, in the next day.

I've seen Spooner play a ton, as have many. IMO he is not my ideal 3rd liner on a Championship team, which may be why Boston ultimately was willing to part with him. I'd prefer a 3rd line that was populated by guys like Hagelin (special secondary players) and a younger version of Brass. Even so, we should look at Spooner as a proven NHLer worth something of real value in a trade.

Sucks they don't play Boston again this season. Would have liked to seen Nash get a nice send off by MSG. I liked Nash and appreciate what he did do for this team. Hope he finds success and turns it on to be ,ore of the player hes capable of being.

We'll just pretend like it never happened in preseason next year

I think the writing was on the wall that we were heading for that direction one way or another. This simply ensures that we have options going forward.

I think they could have survived the way things were going. A retooling and some smart cap moves could have kept them afloat. I really don't want this to be a trend. This could take forever. But its too late. Theyre in the shit. Hope for a quick rebuild.

Not everybody used the word fleecing. Emphasizing that misses the point and is a bit of a distracting bummer. Once one is comfortable with the idea that Nash (and Holden) were UFAs and had to go, what more could we have possibly wanted for rentals? Yes, I wanted Zboril instead of Lindgren, but that wasn't happening unless McD was involved.

Besides, to make this trade work capwise, Ryan and Matt needed to be added.

Spooner just turned 26 a month ago. He is a very servicable 3rd liner who has just entered his prime. His play may not improve much, but it will not descend and he likely becomes more consistent. He looks like a half a point per player. He has value. Personally, I'd trade him, but I trust Gorton has some ideas of what he will do with him.

I wonder if we have a gentleman's agreement with Boston to not move Spooner to Tampa. Could even have asked we not trade Spooner into their division, in the next day.

I've seen Spooner play a ton, as have many. IMO he is not my ideal 3rd liner on a Championship team, which may be why Boston ultimately was willing to part with him. I'd prefer a 3rd line that was populated by guys like Hagelin (special secondary players) and a younger version of Brass.

I never claimed that was the consensus. I even say "may". /End

Archived