• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

ClearedForContact

But we get Beleskey in a different contract situation (i.e. retained salary). Is it just me that thinks there is a little bit of Avery in him? This could turn out to be a good pick up, if not, we bury it for little cost. Low risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sure, just keep the expectations low and anything better than a borderline NHL player is a bonus. Lol

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But we get Beleskey in a different contract situation (i.e. retained salary). Is it just me that thinks there is a little bit of Avery in him? This could turn out to be a good pick up, if not, we bury it for little cost. Low risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kinda what I was getting at. His cap hit is where it deserves to be now. Hes not terrible. Just not worth keeping on a winning roster with that cap hit.

Seems like an energy player with the ability to score now and then. I wonder if he can kill penalties...

Have you been living under a rock?!?!

I know right!!! Played live Saturday night, my good man....but yeah, I'm glad we got some solid talent for Nash. Spooner looked pretty good last night against the Wings, and I'm sure we'll make good use of that #1!

Isn't Belesky salary retention just for this year? I took this really to be two separate transactions: Nash for the pick and Lindgren as one and Spooner for our taking of the last three years of the Belesky contract as the other.

As a Gopher's fan, I can say that Lindgren reminds me of Skjei at a similar stage. Mike Reilly, now of the Wild, stood out more, but Skjei proved to be a more solid all around player.

Nash with five shots and no goals in first game with Bs. Drives in and... hits the post! Sound familiar? I hope Rick tears it up but the Bs lose in the second round, which will improve our pick by a few spots.

Just a final thought on Rick Nash:

The guy was the consummate pro here in NY, and even though some people believe his tenure to be somewhat a disappointment, I was definitely a fan of his. I always felt that his offensive game didn't mesh well at all with the AV coaching style, and I hope that he fares a lot better up in Boston for Mr. Sweeney, who I have a metric fuckton of respect for. I'm no Boston fan by any stretch, but I'm going to be pulling hard for Rick Nash. I hope he wins the Stanley Cup up there this season.

As far as bringing him back, I'm not sure. I guess we can cross that bridge when it's time, but I would just assume the Rangers continue with their rebuild/youth movement and carry on without him.

Good luck and all my best Rick!!!

• 3 weeks later...

https://nypost.com/2018/03/20/college-defenseman-mulls-speeding-up-move-to-rangers/

Ryan Lindgren, the 20-year-old University of Minnesota sophomore defenseman whose rights the Rangers obtained from Boston as part of the Rick Nash deal, is weighing his options in the wake of the Gophers’ failure to reach the NCAA Tournament, The Post has been told.

Lindgren, the 49th-overall selection in the 2016 entry draft who is renowned for his leadership skills and all-around game, had been expected to return to school for his junior year. But the 6-foot, 198-pound lefty, a member of the last two Team USA World Junior squads, is believed to be considering turning pro.

Archived