• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Grabner to New Jersey Devils for Pick, Prospect

ClearedForContact

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brassard commanded a 1st from Pitts. Still kind of smarting that we didn't get a 1st for Grabner, whatever the story with the Russian might be. Wouldn't mind getting Brass back if he goes UFA next year. Not like we're stacked at center.

Brassard is

- a center

- not a rental

- a more proven socrer

- a stud in the playoffs

- not comparable to Grabner

The goalie that Ottawa is getting is also probably of higher market value than the prospect we got in the Grabner deal. While Brassard has another year on his contract, his $5m cap hit is reaching a high enough level where that year may not, or should not, add much value to him.

When you look at TB, Pitts, Boston and Washington at the moment, one wonders why the Devils are going for a rental, they're not getting past those teams.

He's a one-trick pony rental. As good as he's been I just don't see any team giving up a 1st in a super deep draft for 20 games of the guy

Cheap one trick goal scoring pk expert?

Feeling like the Rangers kinda lost an opportunity to get value for a guy that should be in high demand. I feel more of this coming.

Brassard commanded a 1st from Pitts. Still kind of smarting that we didn't get a 1st for Grabner, whatever the story with the Russian might be. Wouldn't mind getting Brass back if he goes UFA next year. Not like we're stacked at center.

You're too hung up on the picks, both are ancillary in these trades to the prospects. In short though, 2nd + Rykov is a much better return than just a late first.

You're too hung up on the picks, both are ancillary in these trades to the prospects. In short though, 2nd + Rykov is a much better return than just a late first.

A late 1st and early 2nd are pretty damn close....also getting a prospect with high potential is a pretty decent return for Grabby. I'm cool with that deal, even though I'm surprised NJ parted with what was seemingly one of their prized prospects.

Some info on Rykov from BSB.

Ewww. Scouting report makes it sound like a wet dream for AV. AV is staying. FUUUUUUCK.

I don't like the thought process about how hes played in the KHL, so tgat means hrs good. The same was thought about Bereglazov. He couldn't make the roster and jetted back to the KHL. The KHL experiment hasn't worked for the Rangers.

Ewww. Scouting report makes it sound like a wet dream for AV. AV is staying. FUUUUUUCK.

I don't like the thought process about how hes played in the KHL, so tgat means hrs good. The same was thought about Bereglazov. He couldn't make the roster and jetted back to the KHL. The KHL experiment hasn't worked for the Rangers.

You seem like you are just complaining for the sake of it. first off I HIGHLY DOUBT AV is here next year. Secondly Devils fans are not happy that they traded Rykov away so he isn't this bust prospect you think he is. As much as you want to deny it we got a fair deal maybe even a slight overpayment from jersey

They did get value. You are just overvauling him. NOBODY was giving us a first rounder unless it was a total fleece job

I have a feeling teams will get better value for lesser players over tje weekend. Holden yielded a 3rd. Grabner is worth more than a 2nd and a throw in.

Grabner is the type of player teams are dying to add to their playoff roster. Hes a super utility player. He does an important role incredibly well and adds more than just that role.

Sorry. Im slightly disappointed in the return. The pick is good. The prospect is underwhelming and a reach.

I have a feeling teams will get better value for lesser players over tje weekend. Holden yielded a 3rd. Grabner is worth more than a 2nd and a throw in.

Grabner is the type of player teams are dying to add to their playoff roster. Hes a super utility player. He does an important role incredibly well and adds more than just that role.

Sorry. Im slightly disappointed in the return. The pick is good. The prospect is underwhelming and a reach.

Not really true. Grabner had plenty of interest BUT you are dreaming if you think you were getting a bigger return. I mean Pittsburgh was interested BUT theyw erent giving up their first and had no prospect that was any good other than the goalie. Not sure what you have against Rykov. Like I said he was highly valued b the devils fans and he is playing in the KHL now and doing pretty well

It?s a fair deal overall, even though a deal I personally didn?t wanna see happen. Only because I really like Grabner, he?s a great two way player and extremely fast on his feet. Yes he?s streaky and has his moments, but he?s been one of the few assets to the team. Of course we all understand the need to add fresh and young blood to the team and you need to leverage where you can. It just sucks to see Grabner go, but I think he?ll do well in Jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rykov has been a full time player on the best team in the KHL at ages 19 and 20. Bereglazov was an undrafted free agent the rangers gave a camp invite to.

It’s a fair deal overall, even though a deal I personally didn’t wanna see happen. Only because I really like Grabner, he’s a great two way player and extremely fast on his feet. Yes he’s streaky and has his moments, but he’s been one of the few assets to the team. Of course we all understand the need to add fresh and young blood to the team and you need to leverage where you can. It just sucks to see Grabner go, but I think he’ll do well in Jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Its not like Grabner is apart of the future although he may be back if the price is right. The deal was fair. Anymore it would have been highway robbery by us.

Archived