• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Grabner to New Jersey Devils for Pick, Prospect

ClearedForContact

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like grabs a lot. But he’s so frustrating to watch. I’ve never seen a player shank so many opportunities. Then again I’ve never seen a player create so many break always for himself. He’s an enigma but I enjoyed having him as a ranger. I don’t think he’s quite the 35 goal guy he was for the Isles, I think he’s a solid 25-30 goal, penalty killing winger that can change the dynamic of a game. I’m sad to see him go but I can’t really knock the return

35-37 goals? Dude you?re rage about everything has scued your sense of reality. He?s a 4th liner who overachieved. He?s a 30 year old rental player. You?re not getting a star in return. Get a grip.
Don't necessarily think he's a forth liner, how many seasons has he scored over 20? Why he never got a shot here on the PP that more often than not has been dreadful. He had a horrible year in Toronto and a bad one in NY but he's been a pretty consistent scorer who can also play the other side of the puck. Not saying I expected a stud in return but again the odds of a second rounder being an impact NHL player isn't all that high and probably drastically lower in year one. From the sounds of assistant Devils GM from a week or two ago the prospect we got is not expected to come over here any time soon.

The roster is so devoid of NHL caliber quality players it's some scary shit. Especially when it appears at least as of now we'll be leaning on guys like Miller, Hayes, Vescey. While praying Zib and Kreider pick their games up drastically.

Time will tell and I hope they magically find enough talent to at least be competitive next season.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Fans always tend to overrate their own

Pffft, you guys overrate the wrong players and complain about effort and results. Then you shit on Grabner, whatever. 30 years old is meaningless for a rental. Grabner is underrated and i'm underwelmed, but I know nothing about the Russian.

The rumor was a bunch of teams were offering a 2nd + something. I thought it would result in getting a first. The Ranger's must like the prospect to have done this deal. I guess we'll see. We traded two 2nds for Smith.

Hope this deal helps bring him back next year. Give the Devils credit, this was a good trade by them. Devil fans should be psyched.

Pffft, you guys overrate the wrong players and complain about effort and results. Then you shit on Grabner, whatever. 30 years old is meaningless for a rental. Grabner is underrated and i'm underwelmed, but I know nothing about the Russian.

The rumor was a bunch of teams were offering a 2nd + something. I thought it would result in getting a first. The Ranger's must like the prospect to have done this deal. I guess we'll see. We traded two 2nds for Smith.

Hope this deal helps bring him back next year. Give the Devils credit, this was a good trade by them. Devil fans should be psyched.

McKenzie just posted this since Austin Matthew's came into the league he has 58 even strength goals, Grabs and a few others have 50. That's pretty solid.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

McKenzie just posted this since Austin Matthew's came into the league he has 58 even strength goals, Grabs and a few others have 50. That's pretty solid.

According to a Ranger fan here they are all empty netters, he's a sieve on D, can't kill penalties or keep defenders on their heels. He's a glorified 4th liner who many here predicted will get 4 years 4 mil in FA. I may be confused.

Sorry, not meant to incite a reaction (trolly). Just standing up for a player who has been an excellent Ranger and has been our most consistent forward going on two years. Making an impact every game. I've been here long enough for you to guess that might be my take and the fact that I'm frustrated we didn't get a higher end prospect.

Additionally, I haven't been impressed with our personnel decisions and asset mgmt over the years I've been here. Especially during key trading periods and certain off seasons. I rarely vent about a single game, but these global mgmt issues are causing me to vent. To say he is only good for empty netters riled me, nothing personal.

Sorry, not meant to incite a reaction (trolly). Just standing up for a player who has been an excellent Ranger and has been our most consistent forward going on two years. Making an impact every game. I've been here long enough for you to guess that might be my take and the fact that I'm frustrated we didn't get a higher end prospect.

Additionally, I haven't been impressed with our personnel decisions and asset mgmt over the years I've been here. Especially during key trading periods and certain off seasons. I rarely vent about a single game, but these global mgmt issues are causing me to vent. To say he is only good for empty netters riled me, nothing personal.

But you're not "just". You're admittedly being hyperbolic for the purpose of "entertainment". It doesn't contribute anything nor make this a better place to communicate ideas/opinions. Just saying.

But you're not "just". You're admittedly being hyperbolic for the purpose of "entertainment". It doesn't contribute anything nor make this a better place to communicate ideas/opinions. Just saying.

You're right, I should not have used the word just. I was clearly doing both. Standing up for Grabs and being a bit hyperbolic for fun and to vent. It was a one or two sentence post, that ended with "I'm confused".

Since you are not willing to cut me any slack, what is really bugging you about the post that is causing you to belabor this?

Archived