• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Deal Grabner to New Jersey Devils for Pick, Prospect

ClearedForContact

Rykov has been a full time player on the best team in the KHL at ages 19 and 20. Bereglazov was an undrafted free agent the rangers gave a camp invite to.

yeah he has made up his mind about Rykov even though he doesn't state facts lol. For some reason he thought we would get a top bigtime prospect for a third liner who is a UFA

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not like Grabner is apart of the future although he may be back if the price is right. The deal was fair. Anymore it would have been highway robbery by us.

Yea I agree with you, just sucks to see a strong player and overall good dude leave the roster. And who knows, maybe he would have resigned or maybe will come back to us in the off season. I just really hope Rykov ends up being a good asset for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Since Austin Matthews started he has 58 even strength goals, during that same time period the next three are tied with 50 Kucherov, Taransenko and Grab's. I think there's a misconception that the guy can only score empty net and SH goals.

Read somewhere earlier the russian kids current contract runs through april 2019.

Since Austin Matthews started he has 58 even strength goals, during that same time period the next three are tied with 50 Kucherov, Taransenko and Grab's. I think there's a misconception that the guy can only score empty net and SH goals.

Read somewhere earlier the russian kids current contract runs through april 2019.

NOBODY every said that Grabner could only score empty net goals. However lets be honest Grabner despite being a productive Ranger doesn't have a consistent track record unlike some of those guys you mentioned and wouldn't warrant getting a bigtime return. Grabner is what he is. a third liner who is also very good on the PK and is a UFA. We got good value

Putting Michael Granber in the same sentence as Kucherov, Taransenko, and Matthews is a mistake. Those players are 10x the player Grabner is, goal totals or not. Grabner is a one trick pony. PS an empty net goal is scored at even strength.

Well, 20% of his goals have been empty netters. And that comparison is pretty silly, he's also 159th in points with 71. So Grabner has 50 even strength goals, is he more valuable than say Sean Monahan? Monahan only has 38. Monanhan also has 15 game winners, 115 points, and plays the PP.

You seem like you are just complaining for the sake of it. first off I HIGHLY DOUBT AV is here next year. Secondly Devils fans are not happy that they traded Rykov away so he isn't this bust prospect you think he is. As much as you want to deny it we got a fair deal maybe even a slight overpayment from jersey

By thinking they could have gotten more and giving reasons why i think they could have? Why do you feel so matter of factly about Grabner not having more worth? Why do you feel your opinion isnt just being confrontational to those who feel shoryed on this trade?

This prospect screams of AV influence. His scouting report reads as the exact mold of the type of D man, that AV likes to employ. He doesn't like puck carrying Dmen. He wants skaters who get the puck off their stick quickly. " Excellent first pass" is the first thing said about his game. That is a thing AV cums in his pants over... He was ranked the Devil's 7th best prospect, in what doesn't look like much of a prospect pool. There are third and fourth rounders ranked higher.. He The good news is that he was probably their best D prospect... But hasn't it been said that he isn't very interested in coming to NA? Can we not act as if hes a stud? Hes a reach.

Not really true. Grabner had plenty of interest BUT you are dreaming if you think you were getting a bigger return. I mean Pittsburgh was interested BUT theyw erent giving up their first and had no prospect that was any good other than the goalie. Not sure what you have against Rykov. Like I said he was highly valued b the devils fans and he is playing in the KHL now and doing pretty well

Not true? You have a time machine? Ypu know other teams wont get better value by Monday? Ok i guess.

Ranger fans value Neal Pionk and held out so much hope and valued Mcllrath(myself included).... What does what fans value have to do with anything? It doesn't validate anything.

Rykov has been a full time player on the best team in the KHL at ages 19 and 20. Bereglazov was an undrafted free agent the rangers gave a camp invite to.

And a regular in the KHL on a pretty good team... Hes only 22 or 23. KHL status IMO is a gauge that hasnt panned out for many. Especially D men. Are there any D men that have come over from the KHL that are regulars?

Putting Michael Granber in the same sentence as Kucherov, Taransenko, and Matthews is a mistake. Those players are 10x the player Grabner is, goal totals or not. Grabner is a one trick pony. PS an empty net goal is scored at even strength.

What is the trick? Scoring? Thats a bad trick? I don't get this thinking. Goals are valuable. At his cost and the fact that he puts up numbers from the 3rd line, i expected a little bit more of a return.

I guess it could have been worse. Im guessing this trade was more of a first move twitch to start the ball rolling.

The numbers speak for themselves when it comes to even strength goals. That's the only point. He's in good company and with a fraction of the talent and ice time. Somebody explain those numbers to me and how they exist if he's that much of a one trick pony.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Offensively one dimensional, yet dangerous weapon.

He's only going to beat you one way, and he's almost certainly not going to assist in a teammate beating you.

Which is fine, he's really good at what he does and the market shows that.

People say he's great in his end, and I think that's stretching it a bit. A lot of that is tied to his ability to head the other direction. He did have a role in our own hilarious defensive zone ineptitude, after all.

Offensively one dimensional, yet dangerous weapon.

He's only going to beat you one way, and he's almost certainly not going to assist in a teammate beating you.

Which is fine, he's really good at what he does and the market shows that.

People say he's great in his end, and I think that's stretching it a bit. A lot of that is tied to his ability to head the other direction. He did have a role in our own hilarious defensive zone ineptitude, after all.

He plays a smart, simple game, and knows how to use his speed. He's not great, or even really good, at anything other than skating fast.

He plays a smart, simple game, and knows how to use his speed. He's not great, or even really good, at anything other than skating fast.

????? 27 goals last year. 25 this year. He puts pucks in nets. How many guys on this team have put up those goal totals? And hes on the 3rd line and gets no PP minutes.

Hes not amazing or a game changer, but for some reason it bothers me how much people down play how good this dude has been. Bothers me more that he was never really given a look on the PP or moved up in the lineup. Maybe hes more than this. He WAS years ago.. Maybe he got back on track? AV never bothered to try. Jesper Fast and his 3 goals always does...

????? 27 goals last year. 25 this year. He puts pucks in nets. How many guys on this team have put up those goal totals? And hes on the 3rd line and gets no PP minutes.

Hes not amazing or a game changer, but for some reason it bothers me how much people down play how good this dude has been. Bothers me more that he was never really given a look on the PP or moved up in the lineup. Maybe hes more than this. He WAS years ago.. Maybe he got back on track? AV never bothered to try. Jesper Fast and his 3 goals always does...

NOBODY is downplaying him but saying the return we got was crap is ridiculous. It was a fair deal

NOBODY is downplaying him but saying the return we got was crap is ridiculous. It was a fair deal

People are saying all he does is skate fast. Undervaluing what he does. Not sure how you're missing that. Its right there in Joshs post. I don't normally disagree with Josh lately, so im not arguing just to argue, as ypu claimed I was doing.

Not exactly sure why you're getting so worked up about this. Thats how im interpreting your posts. Sorry if you aren't. Not trying to put words in your mouth or anything.

Oh, I'm not trying to say anything bad about him. I didn't.

I love the guy, always have. He's been on the All-Josh Team for 10 years. I love speed and Keep It Simple Stupid, so he's the perfect fit.

People are saying all he does is skate fast. Undervaluing what he does. Not sure how you're missing that. Its right there in Joshs post. I don't normally disagree with Josh lately, so im not arguing just to argue, as ypu claimed I was doing.

Not exactly sure why you're getting so worked up about this. Thats how im interpreting your posts. Sorry if you aren't. Not trying to put words in your mouth or anything.

I'm perfectly calm. You seem to be getting worked up. Just calm down dude lol

The fact that he has 25 goals and has no PP time with an inept PP, should tell you all that you need to know about what kind of player he is. No one is down playing anything, he is what he is, maybe you?re just over valuing him.

The fact that he has 25 goals and has no PP time with an inept PP, should tell you all that you need to know about what kind of player he is. No one is down playing anything, he is what he is, maybe you’re just over valuing him.

A goal scorer with a dipshit coach?

Leads the team in goals, 2nd in goals last year by 1. No PP time. Nothing wrong there. Same guys on the PP over and over again... and it sucked most of the time. Lets not try a guy scoring more goals than 99% of the roster...

Archived