• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: McDonagh Submits His Ten-Team No-Trade List

The Dude

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit, some legit NHL source said a player expected to be traded was asked to expand his list and said no. I immediately thought Nash - 'pet before reading the rumor they were interested.

Hopefully that's the case, don't Need Dano, Petan and 58th pick.

Well, we knew it was going to be such, hence why no one was too interested in prematurely pursuing options.

Still, the Rangers have some valuable assets

Nash - goal scorer, penalty killer, either wing, 1st line - 4th line, does the little things, veteran, playoff experience

Grabner - can score, speed, penalty killer, 2nd - 4th liner, either wing

Holden - depth dman, all situations, both sides, any pair

Desharnais - depth forward, incredibly affordable, averages .5 ppg

Doesnt mean we will get huge returns, but we have some of the more valuable assets. Plus, there's always McDonagh.

Where did you see that they were looking for center depth?

They need a RHD, and then potentially an upgrade on one of the wings to add a vet or a versatile forward that can score and play in all situations - but their wings have really been stepping it up, recently. I could see them improving on their 3rd/4th line C, but we dont have anyone to displace their top 3 Cs.

Who do you guys think we can legitimately get from TB

I think along with all playoff teams, TB wants to add w/o losing roster players. If Sergachev is off limits...

Low - Foote, Howden and their 1st

Medium - Foote, Howden, their 1st and 2019 2nd

I want - Foote, Howden, their 1st and Gorton's choice of Raddysh or Katchouk

I may prefer Fabbro, Lilegren or Dermott as D prospects, but Foote was drafted 14 overall for a reason. Supposedly super instinctive defensively, excellent hockey IQ. doesn't get caught out of position and rarely gets beat. Good size and good upside. Need a Dman from somewhere and he is the best in their system.

Josh: this was just 1.

SB Nation Pension Plan Puppets has an article

Frank Seravalli

@frank_seravalli

?

Feb 16

Sounds like #Leafs and #Stars among teams who have inquired with #RedWings on C Luke Glendening. He would be a nice fit for TOR, played for Babcock in DET, but Wings aren't going to give him away.

Elliotte Friedman had this to say

11. Toronto certainly has interest in Luke Glendening, but I?m not sure how the Maple Leafs can do it for a draft pick. They?re at 48 contracts, two shy of the max, and they wouldn?t want to get back to 50.

It?s likely they discussed Nikita Soshnikov as part of the trade before the winger was sent to St. Louis, so it makes sense that maybe Josh Leivo could be part of this.

The other key would be a draft pick, and the two sides are a few rounds apart on agreeing.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sports net.ca Eliotte Friedman had this:

15. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette?s Jason Mackey reported on Michael Grabner as the Penguins? target, which makes a lot of sense as he fits their speedy winger profile.

Mackey wondered if the Rangers would refuse to trade with the Penguins but I don?t think that?s the case. If Daniel Sprong was available, why wouldn?t someone consider it?

10. Don?t believe Boston?s addition of Nick Holden prevents them from adding another current Rangers defender. Question is whether or not the Bruins are willing to take the plunge.

Can?t pin it down, but there also appears to be Western Conference interest in Ryan McDonagh

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sports net.ca Eliotte Friedman had this:

15. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Jason Mackey reported on Michael Grabner as the Penguins’ target, which makes a lot of sense as he fits their speedy winger profile.

Mackey wondered if the Rangers would refuse to trade with the Penguins but I don’t think that’s the case. If Daniel Sprong was available, why wouldn’t someone consider it?

Three Pitt papers mentioned their interest in Grabs. Talk is for a #1, saw Pen fans comment they want Grabs, but want to keep their top pick and Sprong. I'll take either.

Seems like some of the smart fast teams have interest in Grabs like the Pens, Bruins and Jets. Rangers should not settle for a #2 + later pick. A 1st or equivalent top prospect is fair. He'll be an awesome rental.

I had a proposal sending grabs to Pitt for Hagelin plus pick, then Hagelin, Zuccarello, picks, prospect (high value) for Karlsson :thumbs:

#90srangersproblems

Don't get the Karlsson thing. He may never be the same player due to injuries and he isn't that young.And he will not be reasonable cap wise. Would go against everything Gorton's letter says they're trying to do.

Archived