• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: McDonagh Submits His Ten-Team No-Trade List

The Dude

This is just not enough, IMO. Two guys who can't crack their lineup and a bottom 5 in the 1st round?

If they're not giving up Nylander (which they're not) I want Liljegren and Dermott. If those two aren't involved, I move on.

Johnson has 46 points in 47 games in the AHL this season, and had 47 in 75 last season. Leivo?80 points in 102 AHL games since 2014 and 18 points in 37 NHL games since 2015?has already requested out because he can?t crack their incredibly deep lineup. These aren't scrubs. They're productive players on the outside looking in.

Your criticizing them for their inability to make that lineup isn?t actually a valid slight. Not in this case. We?re talking about a team that has Kasperi Kapanen on their FOURTH line.

I see both as NHL ready, which we know the Rangers are reportedly highly interested in.

Another idea would be something like Kapanen, Borgman, and two firsts (one conditional).

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johnson has 46 points in 47 games in the AHL this season, and had 47 in 75 last season. Leivo—80 points in 102 AHL games since 2014 and 18 points in 37 NHL games since 2015—has already requested out because he can’t crack their incredibly deep lineup. These aren't scrubs. They're productive players on the outside looking in.

Your criticizing them for their inability to make that lineup isn’t actually a valid slight. Not in this case. We’re talking about a team that has Kasperi Kapanen on their FOURTH line.

I see both as NHL ready, which we know the Rangers are reportedly highly interested in.

Another idea would be something like Kapanen, Borgman, and two firsts (one conditional).

Then get me Kasperi Kapanen. We hold the keys here. The leafs should actually have to give something up to get Mac. Not AHL players. I get that they're dencent players but if they were good, they'd be in. Leivo is 24 and not in the NHL yet. That's not a good sign. I want nothing to do with him unless he's a throw in piece.

For me, Liljegren is the starting piece to every conversation. After that it's one of Dermott or Kapanen and a pick. This is Ryan McDonaugh. They need "can't miss" pieces in return and they need to be painful for the Leafs to let them go, otherwise they're just flat out not good enough.

...or you're being senstional and exaggerating my points to make them easier to criticize?

Offer your own. What does a proper McDonagh to Toronto trade look like to you?

Right on. You passed on Foote recently(14th overall), among others. I disagree with you about Leivo and Johnsson (much older), but Kapenen is a serious prospect. For some reason I like the Dermott and Liljegren a bit better though. Those are their only 3 prospects I'm intersted in, though.

Josh, bring some ideas of what you'd do about coaching or about rebuilding or with Nash, Grabs, McD or others. What prospects you like or strategies that make sense? No need for predictions, just ideas.

I'd entertain trying to pry out Bracco in a package, too. And should that fail, I'd take Rychel. Another guy, a bit older, who should be in the NHL but is victim to the numbers game.

Part of my reasoning here is also to not just fill out roster spots after the knife guts the team for it's most productive players, but to add work ethic on top of it. I want guys hungry for the NHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd entertain trying to pry out Bracco in a package, too. And should that fail, I'd take Rychel. Another guy, a bit older, who should be in the NHL but is victim to the numbers game.

Part of my reasoning here is also to not just fill out roster spots after the knife guts the team for it's most productive players, but to add work ethic on top of it. I want guys hungry for the NHL.

That's great but I want guys who are IN the NHL for our best player. If Mac only brings back "hungry" AHLers I'll be pretty upset.

Again, they're in the AHL because someone has to be. The Leafs have one of the deepest forward groups in the league. They're skating a potential first-line forward on their fourth.

AHL might be a pejorative in some cases. Not in this one.

Not to mention Liljegren is the focal point of my proposal. Not an AHLer by any stretch. He's a highly touted prospect.

Again, they're in the AHL because someone has to be. The Leafs have one of the deepest forward groups in the league. They're skating a potential first-line forward on their fourth.

AHL might be a pejorative in some cases. Not in this one.

Not to mention Liljegren is the focal point of my proposal. Not an AHLer by any stretch. He's a highly touted prospect.

Agreed Liljegren is the starting point. We agree on that. I just think if they want our best player, they need to ante up. Liljegren + a young roster player + a pick. We're going around and around here but that's what I'd require, knowing that Mac is our best player not named Henrik. Still with a year remaining. Bargain pricing. Etc.

I think Phil's offer is fair. Toronto gives up one of their best prospects in Liljegren, a 1st in a deep draft and two NHL-ready young guys. I can't see Toronto wanting to part with much more anyway, so I feel this is the deal that makes sense for both. We could ask for a conditional pick in 2019 if Toronto makes the SCF.

From Tampa I would ask for Foote, two of Raddysh/Howden/Katchouk and 1st. Kinda the same deal, but a little younger. I like Liljegren more then Foote, so that's why I feel Tampa should add a little more.

Every Rangers fan should be happy with that, unfortunatly there is no way Yzerman does that. They acutally need him more then they need McD, so that would be stupid from Tampa's point of view.

No team are going to part with important pieces now. It would only be picks and prospect because no team wants to mess with the team atm. At the draft is another story.

I don?t think either Sergachev or Point is available in any deal. I think the only guys on the NHL roster who are available are Kapanen, Leivo (which no team seems to want) and Keokkeok (who has an injury history),. we have to look at their minor league system. Liljegren or Rasanen are probably their 2 best D prospects. Then you have to look at Bracco.

For me it?s Kapanen, Bracco & Liljegren or Rasanen plus a st Rder.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Right on. You passed on Foote recently(14th overall), among others. I disagree with you about Leivo and Johnsson (much older), but Kapenen is a serious prospect. For some reason I like the Dermott and Liljegren a bit better though. Those are their only 3 prospects I'm intersted in, though.

Josh, bring some ideas of what you'd do about coaching or about rebuilding or with Nash, Grabs, McD or others. What prospects you like or strategies that make sense? No need for predictions, just ideas.

I think we need to go all-in and get a big name forward (preferably a center), whether its FA or a trade. Ive mentioned Liljegren and Kapanen before -months ago. But, these need to be secondary moves, as neither will be a franchise player. Lily might be a top pair defender if he progresses, and Kapanen might be a complementary guy on the top line but neither is going to be driving the team. To me, that means we are hopefully back to exactly where we are now. To me, thats the wrong approach.

These additions are fine, if secondary. But we need to draft, trade, or sign a legit needle mover if we expect to be competitive. The rest wont matter.

I think we need to go all-in and get a big name forward (preferably a center), whether its FA or a trade. Ive mentioned Liljegren and Kapanen before -months ago. But, these need to be secondary moves, as neither will be a franchise player. Lily might be a top pair defender if he progresses, and Kapanen might be a complementary guy on the top line but neither is going to be driving the team. To me, that means we are hopefully back to exactly where we are now. To me, thats the wrong approach.

These additions are fine, if secondary. But we need to draft, trade, or sign a legit needle mover if we expect to be competitive. The rest wont matter.

Thats unfortunatly not as easy at it seems. Do you have any suggestions to how they would do that? Nothing on our team right now will get us a #1 franchise C/player (unless we trade McD, Skjei, Buch and Chytil, but obviously that aint happening). Besides tanking and praying to god come lottery draft I only see one or maybe two possible options. That is Marner/Nylander from Toronto or Draisaitl from Edmonton. Both unfortunatly involes Skjei going the other way (most likely).

One interesting question. Say we end up getting super lucky and gets the #1OA. Would you guys trade Dahlin for Draisatl and Oilers' 1st (most likely in the top 6-7)? Or maybe with Buffalo for Eichel straight up? Obviously won't happen, but funny to play with the thought. For me a #1C is much more important than a #1D.

One interesting question. Say we end up getting super lucky and gets the #1OA. Would you guys trade Dahlin for Draisatl and Oilers' 1st (most likely in the top 6-7)? Or maybe with Buffalo for Eichel straight up? Obviously won't happen, but funny to play with the thought. For me a #1C is much more important than a #1D.

I would for Eichel in a heartbeat. Guy is easily one of the top-10 centers in the league, and playing with Kreider/Buch would be a lot more talent than he's ever had.

Buffalo wouldn't do that though.

Sign a top C FA.

Moving up the draft to get one of the big foreign wingers.

package players in a trade.

It doesnt have to be right now, and adding picks and prospect can help...

But if you are talking about a drastic overhaul of the lineup, which will most certainly be the case if they trade McDonagh, then you have to use your main asset to get you what you need. He is our biggest asset, and will return the most via trade. We cant risk trading him for a few question marks, or middle 6 forwards. IMO.

To me, most of the suggestions of trades are in hope to get us to where this team is now, roster wise. That doesn't make sense to me.

I do have faith in our management, probably more than anyone else that posts, so I think they will make the right moves.

When was the last time a top C signed with a new team as a FA? That almost never happens. I agree on what you?re saying, but we just dont have the pieces. McD wont net us a #1C, we like to think so, but that aint reality. He is just signed for a little over 1 year, and not many teams want to give him the huge raise he will demand at 30 y/o.

All we can do is to have faith in mgmt, but I cant really see how we would get that #1C we really need. Our best chance is probably hoping Chytil turns into one.

When was the last time a top C signed with a new team as a FA? That almost never happens. I agree on what you’re saying, but we just dont have the pieces. McD wont net us a #1C, we like to think so, but that aint reality. He is just signed for a little over 1 year, and not many teams want to give him the huge raise he will demand at 30 y/o.

All we can do is to have faith in mgmt, but I cant really see how we would get that #1C we really need. Our best chance is probably hoping Chytil turns into one.

Around the time we had a draft pick that turned out to be a franchise forward.

Well now you are comparing just the NYR draft picks with league wide signings of FA. Franchise/really good #1C?s comes almost every draft, sometimes even more then 1. A team signing a #1C from another team happens, what, once a decade?

When was the last time a top C signed with a new team as a FA? That almost never happens. I agree on what you?re saying, but we just dont have the pieces. McD wont net us a #1C, we like to think so, but that aint reality. He is just signed for a little over 1 year, and not many teams want to give him the huge raise he will demand at 30 y/o.

This is where you have to make the big push for Tavares, get his support and d in the McD trade and your already better

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived