• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: McDonagh Submits His Ten-Team No-Trade List

The Dude

Posturing, for sure. Tolvanen still needs to sign his ELC. The KHL season ending would align well with the ability to get him inked, but this is absolutely designed to combat the reportedly "high" asking prices for Nash, etc. Especially when you consider the multiple reports from both Johnston and Friedman that Nashville was hot for Nash. They need some leverage back in their corner to help them in negotiations.

Still, even if Tolvanen is a no-go, the conversation shifts quickly to Fabbro.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fans, on average, value their own over an unknown entity? Well, color me shocked!

I'm not sure why you're valuing what fans think to begin with. They're not involved or considered in any of the calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think there's a fine line between showing bias towards your own players and showing bias for a 30 point rookie forward over a #1 shutdown defenseman.

With that said, I don't know how commenting on what Bruins fans are thinking equates to valuing what they say. You're a little quick to jump the gun on that one. Thankfully, they are not involved.

Shutdown defenseman? People here talk like he’s a Norris winner. The guy is extremely overrated which is funny because three years ago he was underrated. He’s a good player who has been terrible this year, has a long injury rap sheet, is trending downward, and needs s massive contract next summer. I wouldn’t want him either if I was a Boston fan at least not for much. Most here openly or secretly want mcd gone. Only because we all know if he resigns here it will be immediate buyers remorse with another burdensome contract.

On the other side I’m sorry debrusk is hardly a top prospect. If mcd can’t pull a player of that caliber then we’ve got problems.

Shutdown defenseman? People here talk like he’s a Norris winner. The guy is extremely overrated which is funny because three years ago he was underrated. He’s a good player who has been terrible this year, has a long injury rap sheet, is trending downward, and needs s massive contract next summer. I wouldn’t want him either if I was a Boston fan at least not for much. Most here openly or secretly want mcd gone. Only because we all know if he resigns here it will be immediate buyers remorse with another burdensome contract.

On the other side I’m sorry debrusk is hardly a top prospect. If mcd can’t pull a player of that caliber then we’ve got problems.

Nope

It's hard to know what to think. There does come a point when mgmt has to deliver. It is time to start worrying about getting anything of real value for our players.

The writing is on the wall and there is reason to be pessimistic. How have the Rangers not traded Grabner for a 1st yet? If one was offered would there be any reason to turn it down today? The likely answer is we haven't gotten that offer. Are GMs that stupid that they do not understand how much Grabs would help their club? Possibly. It is also possible that whoever wants him just thinks they will get him for less.

This is a joke. I'm not sure what mgmt is doing, but obviously the smart thing would be to move Grabs ASAP. What are they waiting for? It sets the bar and opens up the market to get moving. There is not much to deliberate. A 2nd would be a gross underpay. A 1st and very good prospect is an overpay. Dicking around for more than a 1st would be Cam Talbot like. We'll lose out trying to add some marginal asset. So what the fuck is going on and what the hell are we waiting for?

Seriously, get the fuck going. Move Grabs after today's game. WTF!!! :palm:

I understand McD and even Nash trades are more complicated. But let's go already, execute one freakin trade. I'm beginning to hate Sather again. How many times does he need to be kicked upstairs.

Stop sending letters!!!

Just baffling. Grabs is going to be the best rental when all is said and done. The Jets should just go for it. He is consistent, strong in the playoffs and can elevate their D from the forward spot. He'll surprise their opposition with scoring and eventually force their defenders to stay back or be on their heels..

Maybe this helps:

SNY.tv has this

Share:

2/17: The teams watching the Rangers and Senators in Ottawa today are: St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, NJ, Nashville, Florida. (Garrioch)

2/13: The Rangers had two scouts watching Tampa Bay and Buffalo. (Yerdon)

2/13: The Rangers had a scout watching the Penguins and Senators. (Pagnotta)

2/13: The Rangers had a scout watching the Flames and Bruins. (Pagnotta)

2/12: The Rangers had a scout watching the Lightning and Leafs. (Pagnotta)

2/11: The Rangers had a scout watching Vegas and Philly. (Pothier)

2/11: Dallas had tow scouts watching the Rangers and Jets. (McIntyre)

2/10: The Rangers had a scout watching the Bruins and Oilers. (Murphy)

2/10: The Rangers had a scout watching the Kings AHL team play the Oilers AHL team. (Mayor)

2/10: The Rangers had a scout watching the Flyers and Coyotes. (Carchidi)

2/9: The Rangers had a scout watching the Dallas AHL team play the Coyotes AHL team. (Dorsa)

2/9: The Rangers had a scout watching the Dallas AHL team play the Coyotes AHL team. (Dorsa)

2/6: The Rangers had a scout watching the Sabres and Ducks. (DeDomincis)

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good stuff thanks for the update.

Yzerman's master plan is falling in place. Ultimately he hopes the Ranger's hold McD, and they'll pony up a #1 for Green. He knows Toronto do not believe in themselves enough to go after McD, so as long as he keeps him away from Boston he wins.

Supposedly Stevie already has a deal worked with Detroit for Green. He keeps them hanging until he is sure McD is staying put. He knows Toronto is scared to make any significant moves so he just needs to keep his eyes on Boston and not get into a bidding war. The Rangers need to not get caught in Yzerman's trap. This may be why the Boston rumors are hitting the public.

Look Steve, let's just do a win-win and get this over with. You need a defensemen and a 3rd line winger who can play D, PK and score on his own, desperately. Sergachev is not ready to play big minutes in the playoffs.

McD, Grabner and Holden for Sergachev, 2018 #1 and our choice of Raddysh/Katchouk.

That's fair. You are now cup favorites. You fill 2 big holes in your lineup and add depth. We get a Dman who could eventually be a top pair player, but will not be this year or likely next year. Sergachev isn't McAvoy or Provorov yet.

Yeah, he's playing multi-level chess. We can only hope that Sather has some type of emergency (everything turns out OK) has to go away for a week, leaving Gorton to handle everything. Not that Gorton is any match for Stevie, but at least we'll have a fighting chance to not get thoroughly fleeced.

Love how Florida is coming up everyone's asses. Let's start talking to them and get them in the mix. They actually have good players (and prospects for us) and are likely going to play themselves into the playoffs.

And screw these assholes who don't see Grabs killing it every game. I'm ready to help our division with rentals. Free advice to the Capitals, you need Grabs, he will definitely make you much better. Stop forking over #1s for crap that doesn't fit anyway. Grabs fits and is worth your #1.

The league values number 1 picks like gold these days, we’ll otter than the rangers anyway. There are a limit to the teams that may trade one especially for a rental. This week is going to be interesting. I think you are right that nobody has offered one for grabner and may not ever. I would hope Nash gets at least that back.

By next Monday we will see what late first round picks are worth.

Four rentals worth a #1. Nash, Kane, Green (seemingly) and Grabs. If you are the Jets, Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Caps would you rather have Kane for this year or Grabner?

I guess other trades could also eat up some supply, as far as #1 picks are concerned. Hoffman, Brassard, McD, Max Pac.

I highly doubt 4 first round picks get traded for rentals thus week. I’d almost guarantee it. Better question is would you rather have Kane or grabner for a two or nash for a one? Feel free to replace A level prospects for firsts and B level prospect for a 2. Regardless there is only so many 1’s out there. The rangers have to be very careful they don’t get stuck without a chair ala Talbot.

It's hard to know what to think. There does come a point when mgmt has to deliver. It is time to start worrying about getting anything of real value for our players.

The writing is on the wall and there is reason to be pessimistic. How have the Rangers not traded Grabner for a 1st yet? If one was offered would there be any reason to turn it down today? The likely answer is we haven't gotten that offer. Are GMs that stupid that they do not understand how much Grabs would help their club? Possibly. It is also possible that whoever wants him just thinks they will get him for less.

This is a joke. I'm not sure what mgmt is doing, but obviously the smart thing would be to move Grabs ASAP. What are they waiting for? It sets the bar and opens up the market to get moving. There is not much to deliberate. A 2nd would be a gross underpay. A 1st and very good prospect is an overpay. Dicking around for more than a 1st would be Cam Talbot like. We'll lose out trying to add some marginal asset. So what the fuck is going on and what the hell are we waiting for?

Seriously, get the fuck going. Move Grabs after today's game. WTF!!! :palm:

I understand McD and even Nash trades are more complicated. But let's go already, execute one freakin trade. I'm beginning to hate Sather again. How many times does he need to be kicked upstairs.

Stop sending letters!!!

I understand the impatience. If anything, they need to sit them. If they get hurt, the dream is over. These two could have easily gotten fucked up by a Flyer today. Sit them.

Interesting side point. The rangers I believe are scheduled to fly to Vancouver the morning of the deadline. You would think they would prefer to make their moves before putting somebody on a plane across the continent only to have that player traded back east. I know in the end it is what it is but I wonder if that puts extra pressure on them to make their deals before that flight?

And screw these assholes who don't see Grabs killing it every game. I'm ready to help our division with rentals. Free advice to the Capitals, you need Grabs, he will definitely make you much better. Stop forking over #1s for crap that doesn't fit anyway. Grabs fits and is worth your #1.

Would you accept Burakovsky straight up for Grabner? He was ok the last two years but has kinda sucked this season. The Caps were very high on him if I remember correctly.

He's signed for another season at 3 mill. Only 23. Shouldn't get a big raise on his next contract, unless he turns it around next season. Even then. I don't see it going up.

Maybe they can sweeten the pot a lil with a 2nd or 3rd?

Would you accept Burakovsky straight up for Grabner? He was ok the last two years but has kinda sucked this season. The Caps were very high on him if I remember correctly.

He's signed for another season at 3 mill. Only 23. Shouldn't get a big raise on his next contract, unless he turns it around next season. Even then. I don't see it going up.

Maybe they can sweeten the pot a lil with a 2nd or 3rd?

Certainly.

He's a guy I have serious interest in if we are "rebuilding". I think he could be a top line player, or, if he doesnt progress, he's a more consistent, well-rounded, JT Miller putting up slightly less points.

Archived