• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: McDonagh Submits His Ten-Team No-Trade List

The Dude

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd rather have McDonaugh? I just don't think anyone else in the NHL feels this way. Mac is fine, but he's not even in the same conversation as Karlsson. The Sens had one player last year. Karlsson. He took them to the ECF on a broken foot. Imagine if he was actually on a good team?

Comparing him to Shattenkirk is doing him a great disservice.

Yeah if I’m Tampa. They already have hedman playing 24 minutes a night with stralman. That’s a great first pair. Throw mcd on the second pair where he is put into a matchup shut down role he would thrive. Tampa would have 45-50 minutes of the game covered by incredibly good defensive defenseman. Tampa is dynamic enough to generate offense without Erik Karlsson, they’re doing it now. So yes mcd to me is a better fit for Tampa.

Yeah if I?m Tampa. They already have hedman playing 24 minutes a night with stralman. That?s a great first pair. Throw mcd on the second pair where he is put into a matchup shut down role he would thrive. Tampa would have 45-50 minutes of the game covered by incredibly good defensive defenseman. Tampa is dynamic enough to generate offense without Erik Karlsson, they?re doing it now. So yes mcd to me is a better fit for Tampa.
Hedman plays with Dotchin?. Stralman has been with Sergachev.

Stral has lost a step. Still solid

Im sure yzerman would love McDonagh if he doesnt have to sell the farm.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd entertain trying to pry out Bracco in a package, too. And should that fail, I'd take Rychel. Another guy, a bit older, who should be in the NHL but is victim to the numbers game.

Part of my reasoning here is also to not just fill out roster spots after the knife guts the team for it's most productive players, but to add work ethic on top of it. I want guys hungry for the NHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If they are so deep, then I'd go for bulk. 3-5 of these guys they have no spot for and a 1st. They cant afford to screw this up. The Rangers absolutely must obtain a first line player for their too D man. Not a bunch more Jesper Fasts. Kapanan, Reichel, Dermot, a 1st and next years 2nd, if they wont part with Nylander or Marner.

If they are so deep, then I'd go for bulk. 3-5 of these guys they have no spot for and a 1st. They cant afford to screw this up. The Rangers absolutely must obtain a first line player for their too D man. Not a bunch more Jesper Fasts. Kapanan, Reichel, Dermot, a 1st and next years 2nd, if they wont part with Nylander or Marner.

...Jimmy Vesey, Kevin Hayes, JT Miller, Chris Kreider, etc., etc., etc.,

You're absolutely right. They can't miss on this. They need a STAR player in return or a soon-to-be-star.

After Kapenen, Toronto's system has few forwards with top 6 potential. No one I'm interested in, others may knows more.

Dude, you are right. This is their chance to get their hands on a #1D for at least 2 playoffs w/o giving up Marner/Nylander. They need to step up and make the bold move. They are not going to like giving up their two best young Dmen prospects, one already proving he belongs and has more upside than his 34th overall selection projects. But Toronto gets a top pair LHD in return and pay back their fans now.

Lilgegren, Dermott and a 1st does it. Win-win. Rangers get the equivalent of 3 1sts and have the basis for a rebuilt, fast blueline.

...Jimmy Vesey, Kevin Hayes, JT Miller, Chris Kreider, etc., etc., etc.,

You're absolutely right. They can't miss on this. They need a STAR player in return or a soon-to-be-star.

Well we are not getting a budding star like Marner/Nylander or McAvoy because they don't get traded. The Marner/Nylander thing was a hockey trade idea I had in October when they were benching Marner and wondering how they could get a #1 D. It was a unique situation and the dynamics have evolved. Even Sergachev has now looked too good in the NHL (mistakes and all) to be considered a prospect.

Instead, the trade I suggest with Toronto (sunb in Kapanen for something else if you prefer) is our best shot at finding another McD. Both defensemen have continued to show strong upside and even their pick may be high if they get knocked out in round 1. McD was drafted in the second half of the 1st. This is a D heavy deep draft.

Interesting suggestion. How about STL?

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018/2/22/17034736/2018-nhl-trade-deadline-st-louis-blues-ryan-mcdonagh-trade-rumors

Kinda makes sense. Id want a little more than just Fabbri. I'm not familiar with the prospects like many of you seem to be. Options?

Love Fabbri, but you have to be ultra worried about him completely blowing out that kneee at least twice. He couldn't pass a physical now, hard to make that trade. St Louis has two guys rising into the top 15 to 20 prospects. The C Thomas who putting up monster possession numbers and Kyrou who is a C/W that may win the scoring title averaging about 2 points per. These two are close to sure things with 1st line potential. Either is the basis for a Nash trade.

A lot of folks feel Klim Kostin is right behind these two. He was the last pick of the 1st round this past draft and is also playing very well. St Louis drafts and develops well.

Brassard just got traded to Pittsburgh for a 1st Rd pick, G-Gustafson(2016 2nd Rd pick)and Ian Cole. Cole was part of the deal to make the deal work cap wise. He?ll be flipped before the trade deadline, being that Holden & Kempny both went for 3rd Rders, Ottawa will probably get the same return. So pretty much Ottawa gets a 1st & 3rd and a prospect( a 2nd Rder ) for Brassard. Nash has got to give us more than that

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Brassard just got traded to Pittsburgh for a 1st Rd pick, G-Gustafson, and Ian Cole. Nash has got to give us more than that

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If we get a first and a good prospect id be happy. brass has an extra year which probably helped. Plus most teams know that Nash most likely will be back here anyway

Brassard has another year which matters, he’s a center which matters and he’s also known for playing well in the clutch cough cough Nash. Nash is the better talent but I would think they are pretty equal in terms of value right now under those circumstances.

That kind of return would be ok though

Lots of chat about the Blues and Fabbri at the moment. I’m not sure how I feel about that to be honest. He’s obviously a huge talent, but it’s a massive risk to trade your #1 D for a guy with potentially shot knees.

High ankle sprain, concussion, two knee surgeries..... scares me. A lot.

Lots of chat about the Blues and Fabbri at the moment. I’m not sure how I feel about that to be honest. He’s obviously a huge talent, but it’s a massive risk to trade your #1 D for a guy with potentially shot knees.

Havent heard any real legit rumors about the Blues just speculations on bloggers sites

Fabbri would be an add-in. Like, he'd be what you get back instead of an additional 3rd-round pick or something. So think Nash for 1st, Kostin, Fabbri.

Good player, but just way too many injuries to have much value. Makes sense for STL to unload him though, because they're good without him, and it's a low-risk high reward thing for any team that gets him.

Fabbri would be an add-in. Like, he'd be what you get back instead of an additional 3rd-round pick or something. So think Nash for 1st, Kostin, Fabbri.

Good player, but just way too many injuries to have much value. Makes sense for STL to unload him though, because they're good without him, and it's a low-risk high reward thing for any team that gets him.

Sold. That would be a great return IMO.

I think the Rangers need to hold onto McD and deal him over the summer. I just don't like any of the proposed deals. Id look to Columbus for a mix of their younger blue liners and some mix of forwards, before I let Tampa rape them again.

Florida?

Montreal?

Washington?

I just have a bad feeling about whats being offered right now. Maybe an early exit from the playoffs for Toronto and a year closer to tjem having to pay everyone gets them to part with Nylander or Marner. One probably has to go soon.

Couple of problems with this. St Louis is w/o their 1st this year. Fabbri is not an "add-in", he's hard to value, a total gamble and probably untradable since he can't pass a physical. 31, it is the knee that is the major concern.

It is Thomas and Kyrou that are the real prizes. We should set our eyes on one of these potential top liners for Nash. Candidly, I'd do either for Nash straight-up. Either would go in the top ten of their draft, in a redraft.

Klim Kostin gives them at least 3 sweet forward prospects and they have to include one to get Nash. Two + for McD. Not much else they can do.

Archived