• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final scene told the whole story. I'd imagine the rest of the season we're going to be seeing Rick struggle mightily with the entire idea of "hope". He was always supposed to be the fearless leader and an inspiration for hope, but having to murder two people is sure to change him, just as you could read in his face at the end of the episode.

Helluva return!

Great great episode, finally got my fix! Theres still the argument if Hershel actually really knew he had the girl in the barn.

Well at this point, we have to assume she was brought into the barn. There is no way she wandered in there. She'd have been devoured. I don't think Herschel knew though. I think that when he was talking about the idea of hope in the bar towards the end, that would have been brought up.

For me, I think that it's irrelevant, but that's just me. I believe he said Otis brought them into the barn right?

Yea but Shane is on a hate mission now, especially after everything that happened while trying to find her. He did say Otis did round them up but, come one finding a little girl walker, never came up in conversation with Hershel? Lotta others there thinking the same thing here.

Yea but Shane is on a hate mission now, especially after everything that happened while trying to find her. He did say Otis did round them up but, come one finding a little girl walker, never came up in conversation with Hershel? Lotta others there thinking the same thing here.

Hmmm true, I see your point. Maybe, but I'm still going under the assumption that Otis just said "I found another walker or a few more walkers"

Well at this point, we have to assume she was brought into the barn. There is no way she wandered in there. She'd have been devoured. I don't think Herschel knew though. I think that when he was talking about the idea of hope in the bar towards the end, that would have been brought up.

Yup. I think that's been put to rest at this point. Hershel didn't know, but the mistrust from the group members siding with Shane out of anger will likely continue.

I smell a group split coming...

In fact, I said as much here:

Yup. Said above that his religion would factor in.

Which makes sense for his character, no matter how wrong it may seem to us. Gotta keep in mind here — he's likely never been off that farm or seen the world for what it it really is.

My guess for the mid-season finale? They find Sophia and Shane & Co. upset Herschell to the point that he wants/demands them gone. Glen will be conflicted due to his love affair with the daughter and Rick will want to stay with his wife, who he finally knows is pregnant.

Group splits (again) as a result.

I loved the bar scene. The main guy in that scene is from Terriers, a show on FX that I was deeply saddened to see cancelled. He's such a solid actor.

I hated the fact that Lori went down into town after them. It just doesn't make any sense. Why the fuck would you write that in? The whole show has just been sidetrips and people getting lost... enough is enough. Is anyone a fan of the comic book series.. did that actually happen? Write it in a "Spoiler" thingy if you know the answer please.

Edited by quick release

Yup. I think that's been put to rest at this point. Hershel didn't know, but the mistrust from the group members siding with Shane out of anger will likely continue.

I smell a group split coming...

In fact, I said as much here:

Don't agree, Hershel admitting that to them, would be like Shane admitting he DID shoot Otis and used him as bait.

Don't agree, Hershel admitting that to them, would be like Shane admitting he DID shoot Otis and used him as bait.

How? It's not like Hershel killed the girl, he just left her in there. And why would he want to keep that a secret?

He wanted them off the farm, so telling them that she was in the barn as a zombie gives them more reason to leave than not telling them and having them camp out at the farm until they found her no?

It doesn't make any sense, though, to have that entire scene centered around his confliction, driving him so far as to drink again after so many years sober, if he knew.

Why didn't the guilt drive him to it previously? Why did it take her actually being discovered for him to suddenly feel bad? Why did he even allow them to continue to stay on the farm if he knew there was a chance they'd find out?

I guess I just don't see the logic in how he would have known about Sophia the entire time, but is feeling guilt over refusing to believe his wife and family were actually dead despite watching the group scour for the girl for weeks, knowing full well they'd never find her. It's backwards.