• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! I knew she was dead! Knew it!

I was just telling my brother this past weekend that there was no way they'd ever find her alive, and I even said I thought they might end up "finding her" as a walker as part of a cliffhanger. Spot on.

What an amazing final scene.

YES! I knew she was dead! Knew it!

I was just telling my brother this past weekend that there was no way they'd ever find her alive, and I even said I thought they might end up "finding her" as a walker as part of a cliffhanger. Spot on.

What an amazing final scene.

Well, at least I was a bit more subtle about it.

Here's hoping Parsley and Johnny don't read the thread until they see the episode.

Well, at least I was a bit more subtle about it.

Here's hoping Parsley and Johnny don't read the thread until they see the episode.

They're not spoilers if the show has aired. Frankly, Parsley and Johnny would be kind of stupid to read this thread after knowing the show aired before having seen it themselves. They're "spoiling" it for themselves.

HO-LY SHIT!!! That was television drama at its finest. Rick shooting Sophia at the end convinces me that he is capable of leading this group despite what Shane said earlier. But I think the group may still splinter. They wont survive with Dale and Shane despising each other. Preview for February looked interesting. Its gonna a good second half once it returns.

I guess.

Seems simple to me. You know a show airs at a certain time. You know users who watch it like to discuss it. If you haven't watched yet (for whatever the reason), don't view the thread.

Why should I have to force myself not to discuss what happened just because someone else didn't watch on time like I did and also decided to tempt fate by viewing the thread after the fact? That makes no sense.

Hell, I didn't even watch on time. I watched on DVR after I watched Dexter. I wasn't in this thread at 10PM, though, because I knew I'd spoil it for myself.

Seems simple to me. You know a show airs at a certain time. You know users who watch it like to discuss it. If you haven't watched yet (for whatever the reason), don't view the thread.

Why should I have to force myself not to discuss what happened just because someone else didn't watch on time like I did and also decided to tempt fate by viewing the thread after the fact? That makes no sense.

Hell, I didn't even watch on time. I watched on DVR after I watched Dexter. I wasn't in this thread at 10PM, though, because I knew I'd spoil it for myself.

I guess my view is different. Look at Siddious, he posted on here having not watched the episode. I'm just trying to respectful.

This. If I'm not catching a show on time, i'm just naturally going to avoid that thread. You know what discussion is going to go on immediately following an episode. I've pretty much caught every episode on DVR because I work most sunday nights.

I guess my view is different. Look at Siddious, he posted on here having not watched the episode. I'm just trying to respectful.

I get that, and that's your prerogative, but IMO Sidd is the exception to the rule. Most users, I'd imagine, would stay away until after they've seen it.

I don't like 1 single member of the group lately. Seriously.. not one. They're all being fucking stupid in one way or another. Sophia being in the barn makes perfect sense I dont know why I didnt see it coming. Sooo we have to wait until what date to see another episode?

February 12th.

What I got out of the episode is that

• Shane is a douchebag
  • Herschel is a sad old man
  • Dale is warm hearted
  • The group lost a lot of time
  • The group is likely to split
  • T-Dog has no purpose in the show
  • Carol and Daryl might have something going
  • The Glenn and Maggie romance wil get cheesy

Shane is a douchebag for being logical???

If anything, Hershel is the fucking king of douchebags for his stupid beliefs. He willingly let Daryl and crew go out to look for Sophia day after day knowing she's dead. He risked perfectly good and useful lives because of his selfish and asinine beliefs. Fuck him.

Like Hershel said a couple episodes ago, "it's a wonder your group has survived this long." The group is composed mostly of fucking idiots. It's about damn time Shane took control of these morons.

Edited by hamov glir
  • Like 1

Shane is not a douche. He's a realist, though he's a bit uncompromising and probably somewhat amoral to boot. Frankly, he's the reason so many of them survived as long as they have. Without his diligence and dedication to having a militaristic presence to the group they'd likely never have survived from the start.

Hate him for some of his objectionable calls all you like, but if I'm in that group, I follow Shane well before I follow Rick, as much as Rick provides more of a humanist/feel-good atmosphere.

Edited by Phil in Absentia
  • Like 1

Shane is not a douche. He's a realist, though he's a bit uncompromising and probably somewhat amoral to boot. Frankly, he's the reason so many of them survived as long as they have. Without his diligence and dedication to having a militaristic presence to the group they'd likely never have survived from the start.

Hate him for some of his objectionable calls all you like, but if I'm in that group, I follow Shane well before I follow Rick, as much as Rick provides more of a humanist/feel-good atmosphere.

This.

I follow Shane and Daryl (the survivors), not Rick and crew (the humanists).

Survival >>>> Humanity