• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

Yup. The problem is, the world isn't fit for humanism, as much as they may want to re-establish it at the moment.

Survive first. Solve the issue of the walkers second. Re-establish humanity third.

I understand not wanting to lose their humanity, which explains why Shane/Daryl have stuck around as long as they have at the farm, but what happened at the barn needed to happen to bring all the dreamers (Rick, Herschel, Lori and even Dale to an extent) back to the grim reality of what is still happening outside of their little sanctuary. The world is still in chaos. They needed to be slapped with a hard reminder. I can't imagine a better situation than not only having one of their own turn, but to have it be a child.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shit what a mid season finale!! Shane did what he had to do to keep the group safe. Though sometimes i cant stand the guy, opening that barm to destroy what wasnt human anymore was the smartest and most logical decision to make. But that ending scene with Sophia as a walker killed me! So sad after all that time spent looking for her and possible leads to find out she was a walker all together and kept in the barn honestly brought a tear to my eye ill admit it.

Such a very good ending and very interested to see what goes on now that the walkers are out and to see what happens with the group if the stay or not.

They're not spoilers if the show has aired. Frankly, Parsley and Johnny would be kind of stupid to read this thread after knowing the show aired before having seen it themselves. They're "spoiling" it for themselves.

Stayed away from the forum and the thread until i just finished watching it which was just now. I appreciate the kindness of HL, but again knowing this is on at 9 and people watch gotta be smart enough not to read till after.

Seems simple to me. You know a show airs at a certain time. You know users who watch it like to discuss it. If you haven't watched

Hell, I didn't even watch on time. I watched on DVR after I watched Dexter. I wasn't in this thread at 10PM, though, because I knew I'd spoil it for myself.

Shane is a douchebag for being logical???

If anything, Hershel is the fucking king of douchebags for his stupid beliefs. He willingly let Daryl and crew go out to look for Sophia day after day knowing she's dead. He risked perfectly good and useful lives because of his selfish and asinine beliefs. Fuck him.

Like Hershel said a couple episodes ago, "it's a wonder your group has survived this long." The group is composed mostly of fucking idiots. It's about damn time Shane took control of these morons.

Hershel was just doing what most of us probably would. If such an apocalypse were to occur would you have the ability to kill your loved ones, people you've known your whole life and loved? Once you've gone trying to save them you think you can do it for everyone else. Hershel and Co. were just doing what they thought was right, yes, but they had little knowledge of the apocalypse. From what we can infer, Hershel has not seen the zombies kill the way Rick and the Atlanta Group have. Can you blame him? He was doing something risky, but I don't think any of us would find it easy to kill loved ones.

Shane was being a douche to his group. The group was perfectly safe on the farm, but Shane might have gone and messed everything up. The shane could have easily fortified the barn and gotten to stay had it continued to help Hershel. If the group gets kicked off the barn, it's Shane's fault. Shane is becoming a control freak, Rick put him in his place at the end of the episode.

Yea, I think they did after they all got there and they knew who they were looking for. Especially the timeline. I'm sure it will come out sometime, just as the speculation with Shane and Otis is coming out right now.

Hershel said Otis was the one who got all of the walkers, he died before the rest of the group could really explain anything because much of the focus was on Carl and his injury. As far as they knew, it could be any girl. It's not like the group was flashing pictures at Hershel and his family so that they'd know what she looked like. They might have known that there was A girl, but maybe they didn't know it was THE girl the Atlanta Group was looking for.

I avoided this thread till today, I knew it was a good move. Knew she was dead, knew it!!

For some reason I like and hate Shane, he is a bit of a douchebag at times. As much as I like his survival attitude I still hate him for how he's treating Rick's wife.

I have to say I'm on the Rick bandwagon for now!

Cannot wait for the rest of the season in February! PUMPED! Need more zombies and bullets though!

Hershel said Otis was the one who got all of the walkers, he died before the rest of the group could really explain anything because much of the focus was on Carl and his injury. As far as they knew, it could be any girl. It's not like the group was flashing pictures at Hershel and his family so that they'd know what she looked like. They might have known that there was A girl, but maybe they didn't know it was THE girl the Atlanta Group was looking for.

Too coincidental here, when Rick and Hershel went to the swamp to get the walkers out, he stated he knows just about everyone. He knew the woman but didn't recognize the man, probably a helper or something like that he said.

Now, here's a little girl, doesn't know who she is and is rounded up and brought to the barn. The group shows up a little while after that, then they find out a few days later they're looking for a little girl. I'm sure that's when two and two got put together, then they knew and still kept quiet. This is also why Hershel wanted them out, immediately after Carl was healed.

Pure speculation but, great discussions :)

Too coincidental here, when Rick and Hershel went to the swamp to get the walkers out, he stated he knows just about everyone. He knew the woman but didn't recognize the man, probably a helper or something like that he said.

Now, here's a little girl, doesn't know who she is and is rounded up and brought to the barn. The group shows up a little while after that, then they find out a few days later they're looking for a little girl. I'm sure that's when two and two got put together, then they knew and still kept quiet. This is also why Hershel wanted them out, immediately after Carl was healed.

Pure speculation but, great discussions :)

Good call!

Hershel also mentioned that Otis was the one to catch the walkers though so he might have not even known that a girl was caught. Otis died before the group really explained why they were there also I believe.

Just my 2cents.

One of the points I made. Hershel wasn't the one feeding the zombies or catching the zombies, how would he know who was in the barn besides the people he initially put in there?

One of the points I made. Hershel wasn't the one feeding the zombies or catching the zombies, how would he know who was in the barn besides the people he initially put in there?

Hershel is the big chief there, he was told of everything I'm sure, since it is his farm.

• 1 month later...

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/01/02/twitter-giveaway-for-a-set-of-mcfarlane-walking-dead-tv-series-toys/?xrs=share_twitter

The dead have inherited your TV thanks to AMC's smash hit The Walking Dead! Now, thanks to the amazing McFarlane Toys, the dead can inherit your shelf, your toy box, your bathtub, or anywhere with McFarlane Toys The Walking Dead TV Series 1!

And guess what? We're giving them away on Twitter!

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/walking-dead-tv-series-action-large-msg-131905047575.jpg