• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

17 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Yesterday was one year without alcohol. Fuck alcohol lol. 

Got my tix for hawks/rags on Sunday. Taking my gf to her first hockey game - very excited for that. 

Congratulations man!!!

Bring us home a win, Philly!!  ...and have a blast!!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

So I recently found out my dog has cancer...😔 My boy is just 3 years, so it came as a shock really. Not sure about the prognosis or how bad it is yet, but if I understood the vet right he at best has a couple years left to live with constant treatment. It will be expensive, but I feel I owe it to him to at least give it a try and I'm not ready to put him down as long as he feels good.

I haven't been anywhere the last 3 years without him. Mainly working from home, he's always with me if I visit friends/family, with me when I travel and even when I'm training outdoors. Just the thought of not having him here is weird...

Ingen beskrivelse er tilgjengelig.

My boy Diddy (named after the great Didier Drogba👑).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

So I recently found out my dog has cancer...😔 My boy is just 3 years, so it came as a shock really. Not sure about the prognosis or how bad it is yet, but if I understood the vet right he at best has a couple years left to live with constant treatment. It will be expensive, but I feel I owe it to him to at least give it a try and I'm not ready to put him down as long as he feels good.

I haven't been anywhere the last 3 years without him. Mainly working from home, he's always with me if I visit friends/family, with me when I travel and even when I'm training outdoors. Just the thought of not having him here is weird...

This is brutal. I'm so sorry to hear it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm sorry man. That's just horrible news. I hope you and your boy have a wonderful as possible remaining years. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Ah man, sorry to hear. That’s really tough news to get. Treasure the good times you have left.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Really one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced, so I can empathize with you. Sorry that's happening, hoping for the best.

• Like 1

@phillyb Awesome dude congrats!  @Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc that's fucking awful.  So sorry dude, glad he is doing ok with first treatment.  Our dog will be 15 in April and is just recently starting to show some signs of her age.  Its going to be devastating for us when it eventually happens.  We have a 5 and 3 year old.  We have been telling them to be sure to show Gracie(the dog) as much love as you can because she won't be here forever.  Enjoy her and love her while she is still here.  I am going to be a fucking mess.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Thanks. He's been responding well to the first round of treatment, so I got my fingers crossed.

Your pup is in my thoughts. Just remember, if he’s willing to fight, never give up on him. This will pass. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc that's fucking awful.  So sorry dude, glad he is doing ok with first treatment.  Our dog will be 15 in April and is just recently starting to show some signs of her age.  Its going to be devastating for us when it eventually happens.  We have a 5 and 3 year old.  We have been telling them to be sure to show Gracie(the dog) as much love as you can because she won't be here forever.  Enjoy her and love her while she is still here.  I am going to be a fucking mess.

It really sucks... Must be extra hard with kids in house, no matter how many times you tell them she won't be there forever, they don't really understand before it happens. Must be a tough situation. I wish you all good health and that Gracie will get a good last few months/years with you all!

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Your pup is in my thoughts. Just remember, if he’s willing to fight, never give up on him. This will pass. 

Thank you! He's still so young and he's a strong boy, so we'll keep fighting as long as he wants to. We got our first follow-up appointment with the vet tomorrow, so we'll know more by then.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

It really sucks... Must be extra hard with kids in house, no matter how many times you tell them she won't be there forever, they don't really understand before it happens. Must be a tough situation. I wish you all good health and that Gracie will get a good last few months/years with you all!

Thank you! He's still so young and he's a strong boy, so we'll keep fighting as long as he wants to. We got our first follow-up appointment with the vet tomorrow, so we'll know more by then.

Thank you.  We hope its still years at this point as long as she is healthy and happy.  She's all there as of now, just lazier and has to go out to go "peeps and poops" more often.  Other than that she's in great shape.  Please keep us updated on Diddy's follow up!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@phillyb Awesome dude congrats!  @Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc that's fucking awful.  So sorry dude, glad he is doing ok with first treatment.  Our dog will be 15 in April and is just recently starting to show some signs of her age.  Its going to be devastating for us when it eventually happens.  We have a 5 and 3 year old.  We have been telling them to be sure to show Gracie(the dog) as much love as you can because she won't be here forever.  Enjoy her and love her while she is still here.  I am going to be a fucking mess.

Almost in the same boat with our 11 yr old dog. Can't fathom what it'll be like. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Almost in the same boat with our 11 yr old dog. Can't fathom what it'll be like. 

It sucks because since we've had kids she has clearly taken a back seat as far as how much attention she gets.  I always try to include her in everything.  We take her places with us if its pet friendly.  She does on drives with me if I won't be in places for very long or if I know I can take her inside with me.  She always lays with me on the couch at night.  But even with all of that, she still doesn't get the attention she used to.  We do what we can with her to make up for it though. 

• Cheers 1