• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

57 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Doesn’t the gilgo trial July selection start tomorrow? 🙂

damn guess you’re missing the entire Rangers season 

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That's not funny.

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, siddious said:

To each their own, and all that good stuff. But I’ve never seen such obsession over such an average artist. I’ll never get it.

There’s almost noone else. Music nowdays sucks. There are only a handful of real artists with real long term career talent. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Phil said:

Covid done finally caught us. Wife, son, and myself all positive. Daughter negative (so far). Not terribly different than the flu, really. RIP my streak tho.

It's flying around North Jersey. Know a couple people who have had it recently. Feel better!

Edited by jsm7302

56 minutes ago, Phil said:

Wife lost her sense of smell/taste. I haven't. But I went through the full run of symptoms. Fever, fog, joint/body aches, cough (still have), etc. Friday and Saturday it was exhausting just getting up to go pee. Feeling much better today.

you can fart all you want now and she wont smell a thing.  A blessing in disguise. 

• LMFAO 2

• 2 months later...

Taken from another thread...

On 8/9/2023 at 9:25 AM, phillyb said:

I applied to a music program here in Chicago and had to audition. I sent this video:

On 8/12/2023 at 12:41 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Is your mouth covered in wing sauce at any point during the video?

On 8/13/2023 at 11:27 AM, phillyb said:

Ha no. And I didn't get into the program I wanted to get into (audition) with that video, so I'm back to the drawing board for spring application. 

On 8/14/2023 at 3:20 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Sorry to hear that buddy.  Good luck with the next one!

On 8/14/2023 at 7:56 PM, The Dude said:

Easy Mcfly. You probably should have played something that really cooked. 

Lmao. Good luck. Sounds good and yet odd to be coming from that guitar. 

I re-applied to the music program and got in! I took classical lessons for a few months and had to re-audition by actually playing classical guitar lol. Below is the video I sent for my audition. I just got my acceptance letter last night. 

I'ma celebrate my 40th birthday as a student in a classroom hahaha

• Like 1
  • The Chyt! 2
  • Cheers 3
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Applause 3

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice work, Philly!!!

It ain't easy squeezing out those classical chords, bro!!!  I caught that look on your face going to the 5th fret!!  LOL  

Congratulations dude!!!  ...and Happy Birthday my man!!!

I've played a million chords up and down the neck for like 25 years. I struggle when I have to grab that C major barre chord (D Major in this case).

8 hours ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Nice, I really enjoy classical guitar. Congrats and good luck! 

It's so new to me. The right hand technique, the stance, the nylon strings - it's all so different than what I've been doing for so long, but I love it. 

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...

Today would have been my fathers 74th bday. So weird that he's been gone since 2008. Goes so fast yet feels so long ago at the same time. It's really too bad he didn't get to see much of my life back here in the states but I guess life is what happens when other plans are made. RIP pops. Until we meet again. 

• Cheers 2