• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

18 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It sucks because since we've had kids she has clearly taken a back seat as far as how much attention she gets.  I always try to include her in everything.  We take her places with us if its pet friendly.  She does on drives with me if I won't be in places for very long or if I know I can take her inside with me.  She always lays with me on the couch at night.  But even with all of that, she still doesn't get the attention she used to.  We do what we can with her to make up for it though. 

I hear that. It's also kind of ironic but if it wasn't for Baxter, we wouldn't have kids... I never wanted kids, and it wasn't until we got a dog that I understood what it means to love something more than yourself. 🙂

He paved the way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hear that. It's also kind of ironic but if it wasn't for Baxter, we wouldn't have kids... I never wanted kids, and it wasn't until we got a dog that I understood what it means to love something more than yourself. 🙂

He paved the way. 

We didn't want kids either.  I was plenty happy with just the dog lol.  I wouldn't change it for the world though.  I love my little shitheads more than anything...maybe except the dog.  The dog never talks back.

• LMFAO 2

On 12/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, Pete said:

He paved the way. 

Wow that cuts bro. I always assumed you loved me. 

On 12/16/2022 at 5:49 PM, Keirik said:

Seeing Seinfeld tomorrow with the wife at the Beacon in Manhattan

museum is near the museum of Natural History. Any recommendations for food in that area of broadway and the 70s up tbe upper west side? 

You mean even in retirement you guys don't exclusively dine on Dunkin?

• LMFAO 1

On 12/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, Keirik said:

Seeing Seinfeld tomorrow with the wife at the Beacon in Manhattan

museum is near the museum of Natural History. Any recommendations for food in that area of broadway and the 70s up tbe upper west side? 

Red Farm on 76th and Broadway. Bathroom 2 has a bidet. 

• The Chyt! 1

33 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I tried. Wife wanted real food and by real food we had Greys Papaya lol

Seinfeld was out fucking standing btw

What do you mean "real food?" It says it right there on the menu: sandwiches and more! Next time tell her there's no sand in the sandwich, that's just the name for it. English is weird, or whatever.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Phil said:

What do you mean "real food?" It says it right there on the menu: sandwiches and more! Next time tell her there's no sand in the sandwich, that's just the name for it. English is weird, or whatever.

I can’t lie, greys papaya makes an elixir of a hot dog. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Keirik said:

It’s 4 degrees out, with a real feel of -16 lol. Thank god for a fireplace. Love it regardless tbh 

I had cold air coming in from areas of the house that have never been an issue. Now I regret not totally stripping all the walls and re-insulating when we bought the house. 

Just now, siddious said:

I had cold air coming in from areas of the house that have never been an issue. Now I regret not totally stripping all the walls and re-insulating when we bought the house. 

Yeah, it was so cold our house baseboard heating couldn’t keep up with heating the house

never had this issue before in all our years here. 

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

I would love to do this as well.  Especially my attic.  Its probably my next big project.  We've done central air, natural gas conversion, solar panels, new septic tank, new roof, new driveway, new stoop, new patio.  I really want to get my insulation redone

Edited by SaveByRichter35

I have a gas fireplace in what used to be a garage (probably converted in the 70s or some shit). The carpet is on top of cement with probably some layer of thin insulation in between. The walls are freezing, the windows let cold air in, but goddamn, I love that fireplace. 

26 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I would love to do this as well.  Especially my attic.  Its probably my next big project.  We've done central air, natural gas conversion, solar panels, new septic tank, new roof, new driveway, new stoop, new patio.  I really want to get my insulation

any way you do it, it’s a huge job. Still finishing up the initial Reno. On this house so this just seems like a daunting task for me right now.

our master bedroom was converted from the old garage a decade ago. I took down one wall as there was a mold issue and insulated it but not the others. It’s a good 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house on average so we have to supplement it with an electric heater. Might be the only room I do in fact re-insulate in the near future whether I want to or not. 

Edited by siddious

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

any way you do it, it’s a huge job. Still finishing up the initial Reno. On this house so they just seems like a daunting task for me right now.

our master bedroom was converted from the old garage a decade ago. I took down one wall as there was a mold issue and insulated it but not the others. It’s a good 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house on average so we have to supplement it with an electric heater. Might be the only room I do in fact re-insulate in the near future whether I want to or not. 

Yea its something I am not looking forward to having to do.  I'd rather attack it from the outside if possible.  The attic though, fuck.  Not looking forward to that.  That's probably a job that would be worth paying someone to do.

6 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea its something I am not looking forward to having to do.  I'd rather attack it from the outside if possible.  The attic though, fuck.  Not looking forward to that.  That's probably a job that would be worth paying someone to do.

yea doing the work yourself is def cheaper but it takes so much time and it ain’t easy work- which most of the time you won’t do perfectly anyway. I’m leaning towards that for any future projects. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Can we get just one freaking snow storm? Doesn’t have to be 3 ft of snow but for the love of god, I’m in flip flops in February. It’s weird. 

I'm fine with no snow.  I would like another week of temps in the 30s though.  There is way too much stuff starting to bloom in the yard that shouldn't be blooming yet.