• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I have no idea with all these names.  Yesterday was the first time I realized bird plane Dubinsky was Rhom lol

At least these don't change near daily like the old bb.nyr site did. I never had any idea who I was talking to.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

At least these don't change near daily like the old bb.nyr site did. I never had any idea who I was talking to.

Oh for sure. Total shit show. I really want to see a screen grab from that board. I totally forgot what user name I even used them 

Anybody know the best way to sell a car right now? I’m tempted by a carvana-like service because I won’t have to take it anywhere, and they’ll handle the entire transaction. I thought about selling it back to the dealer but they’re being kinda sketchy and they’re an hour away from where I live since I moved. How big of a hassle is private sale?

10 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Anybody know the best way to sell a car right now? I’m tempted by a carvana-like service because I won’t have to take it anywhere, and they’ll handle the entire transaction. I thought about selling it back to the dealer but they’re being kinda sketchy and they’re an hour away from where I live since I moved. How big of a hassle is private sale?

Right now just make sure you're selling it as is and that your price is firm and non-negotiable and I'm sure somebody will come and buy it.

The used market is bananas. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 8:54 PM, Cash or Czech said:

What I did was take 4 different online estimates from carvana, carmax, vroom, etc to the dealer with me when I was trading in my Jeep and said I wanted the average of those estimates. Got pretty much exactly that. 

if you are up near Westchester  area there really are a few carmax not too to far away in CT or Albany, or Waterbury

keep in mind though if you are trading it in for a new car, the trade comes off the top of the sale price saving you extra money on taxes so even if it’s not the perfect offer, it does have a benefit. 

Edited by Keirik

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

What I did was take 4 different online estimates from carvana, carmax, vroom, etc to the dealer with me when I was trading in my Jeep and said I wanted the average of those estimates. Got pretty much exactly that. 

if you are up near Westchester  area there really are a few carmax not too to far away in CT or Albany, or Waterbury

keep in mind though if you are trading it in for a new car, the trade comes off the top of the sale price saving you extra money on taxes so even if it’s not the perfect offer, it does have a benefit. 

Thanks man! I'm getting a company car with my new job, and my wife and I don't need three cars so we're gonna get rid of mine and ride that 'no payment lifestyle' for a bit. I'll definitely get estimates from all of those sites and we'll see where it goes. Any reason why you didn't just take the highest offer from those platforms?

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Thanks man! I'm getting a company car with my new job, and my wife and I don't need three cars so we're gonna get rid of mine and ride that 'no payment lifestyle' for a bit. I'll definitely get estimates from all of those sites and we'll see where it goes. Any reason why you didn't just take the highest offer from those platforms?

I forget which service it is, but one of them gives you an estimate, ships the car to Texas for full inspection, then contacts you back and lets you know the change in estimate before cutting you a check. Problem is, the car is now in Texas so if you say no, im not sure they pay for it to be shipped back to you. Carmax would have been the easiest but the closest one for me is a ferry ride to CT + another 100 miles or so and then id have to figure out how to get home or have my wife follow me. Seemed like a huge hassle. Seeing as you should be a heck of a lot closer, it probably isn't a huge deal for you. Either way, all of those companies give you an estimate online with just a few clicks so you can both get an idea what you are looking at getting plus could use that as a baseline to a dealership. 

There also is just putting an ad out on Facebook marketplace or craigslist. I know of a few guys that did that pretty successfully although you are prone tot he guy saying he will bring 12k cash then shows up with 10k trying to hope youre desperate and takes the low ball or whatever.

• VINNY! 1

On 2/27/2022 at 7:54 AM, Pete said:

Right now just make sure you're selling it as is and that your price is firm and non-negotiable and I'm sure somebody will come and buy it.

The used market is bananas. 

Used market is absolutely nuts. The r4unner i bought is fairly rare in color and options as it's the TRD Pro one. I've already been offered 10k more than i paid for out the door even though its now used with 8k miles on it in a year. I see dealers offering the truck with 15k markups. Bananas indeed.

I had a friend who used Carvana.  Did the online estimate and they offered 3k more than the dealerships did.  They came out looked the car over and handed him a check.  He said they really didn't look the car over very close and took less than 30 minutes and they left.

• VINNY! 1