• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

That's the worst. I heard the announcements in Penn saying service was suspended at Queens Village due to police activity. I can't imagine what the engineer must feel like, absolutely nothing that they can possibly do to stop the train that quickly.

Yeah, guy jumped from the Queens Village platform right into our train. We were in the first car (but toward the back of it). All you heard was a smack and then a whole lot of... crunching. At least from what my wife told me. I was face-deep in QuizUp not paying attention to anything before I felt the train start slowing, and she said "did you feel that!?".

Two and a half hours later, we were moving.

Oh ok, I used to take the Huntington line. My stop was Merillon Avenue

Yeah, Merillon Ave (I used to work around the corner from it) is the last stop before the push to Jamaica (barring a stop at Hillside) on the local trains, but follows the same track. I think Mineola or New Hyde Park are the last stop on any other train.

But basically as we were passing the Queens Village station, basically at full speed or close to it, he jumped at the end of the platform into the front of the train.

The entitlement? You should have heard it on the train. Someone died, horrifically, and all I was hearing was people bitching about how they're hungry, and how this is bullshit. Every time the conductor came onto the PA to "update" the status, often speaking to how she didn't have any new information, but that all crew members were available for whatever their needs — medical, water, whatever, you'd hear people loudly complaining, shouting to no one. One guy, trying to be funny, told one of the LIRR emergency response crew members that he'd help "power wash the train" if it would get the train moving.

Now, I totally get and appreciate the frustration/complaints over someone killing themselves at your expense. Obviously it sucks that this happened in the way it did, and yes, I'd rather people who do this not do so at the risk of others (I say the same about jumpers), but what does bitching and causing a huge fuss accomplish? All it does is irritate other passengers, who are just as stuck as you are. Shut the fuck up, sit back and wait, like the rest of us.

The entitlement? You should have heard it on the train. Someone died, horrifically, and all I was hearing was people bitching about how they're hungry, and how this is bullshit. Every time the conductor came onto the PA to "update" the status, often speaking to how she didn't have any new information, but that all crew members were available for whatever their needs — medical, water, whatever, you'd hear people loudly complaining, shouting to no one. One guy, trying to be funny, told one of the LIRR emergency response crew members that he'd help "power wash the train" if it would get the train moving.

Now, I totally get and appreciate the frustration/complaints over someone killing themselves at your expense. Obviously it sucks that this happened in the way it did, and yes, I'd rather people who do this not do so at the risk of others (I say the same about jumpers), but what does bitching and causing a huge fuss accomplish? All it does is irritate other passengers, who are just as stuck as you are. Shut the fuck up, sit back and wait, like the rest of us.

Yes I agree. A tough situation made worse by stupid people with the need to complain. The lack of compassion and/or self control doesn't surprise me though and that is sad.