• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

one of the people I know is getting married in August.

Like I get you've been with that person for a long time but maybe you should try living with them on your own for an extended amount of time before you make this commitment?

The girl I know has been with the guy since middle school apparently. But even with that said, they didnt go to the same college so their time living together without other people in the house was not a lot.

Not everybody has the opportunity to try out living together for more than a few weeks and they still feel the desire to get married.

I dont know, I guess I'm just questioning my choices considering I've never been in a serious committed relationship while people born within months of me are already engaged haha

You might be on the something here. ;)

The first time I got engaged I was 28, she was 23, biggest mistake!!!! I guess you can say I was a lot more mature than my slutty ex. Its hard financially for people that young. As Pete said, most people change between 20-30. At 21-27 I was still in the "party" stage. Cant imagine getting married at 21-22-23-24 and then still want to go out 3 days a week, have all the impulses of alcohol + girls coming over and talking to you with your wife standing there, or with guys trying to pick up the wife with you standing there.

Because US Airways is known for being picky on weight, I've just went through the lovely puzzle of fitting sufficient winter clothes, regular clothes and all my Christmas gifts for Grace and her family in a single suitcase and under the weight of 50lbs. Don't ask me how I did it, but I fucking did it. Okay, some clothing is in my hand luggage now.

Virgin Atlantic was really lax about weight. Coming home last year they allowed my 56 pounder on and allowed my second bag on free because the flight was way less than full

I'm jealous. I've had to re-pack everything because my hand luggage had space, but my big suitcase was 2lbs over with Delta. I've once had my luggage not even flown in on the same day with US Airways, because it was too windy and the planes had to be low weight. And Delta once lost my luggage, and lost Grace's on a separate occasion, and didn't find it back until a week later. Nothing was missing though, so that's okay-ish.

I prefer to fly different airlines than US or Delta, but sometimes it's all I can pick from Brussels, so oh well. Just sit out the ride and think of the destination.

I assume you're flying into Philly so it limits your carrier choices right?

All my bad flying experiences come from us carriers. Except for the bitch behind me on the way to London last year but that wasnt anyone's fault but hers

I'm flying to Philadelphia, but immediately connecting to Detroit later in the afternoon. That meant I had some options, because Brussels, D?sseldorf and Amsterdam are all viable choices to depart from and they offer quite a few carriers. Usually I pick the best one, now I settled for the budget option and I am already regretting that decision, because I know I'll be peeved by at least a dozen things flying US Airways. Last time wasn't bad, but first two experiences were awful.

And yeah, an issue is US carriers. They seldom reach the same standard as other airlines, especially US and American. I've had no issues about the flights themselves with Delta or United (Continental, couple years back, was amazing) and the lost luggage with Delta turned out to be a mistake at JFK luggage handling, not their fault.

US Air lost our luggage in 2005 coming back from phoenix. Flew home Sunday and didn't get it back until Friday. Apparently they put our bag on a flight to Chicago

I've been on a US Airways flight that was re-routed to Boston instead of Philadelphia, including listed as such on their website due to "inclement weather", but it was on a perfectly sunny day, we never diverted and landed well on time in Philadelphia. We didn't realize something had been off all day about our flight information until we had reached our final stop in North Carolina, where our friends were stunned to actually see us exit the plane after frantically trying to contact us about our new time of arrival.

amazon is really the best.

Replacing my old kindle because it just broke on me randomly..gave me options to buy refurbished ones at discounts, and I told them I would just go and buy a paperwhite at best buy. They told me if I'd like, they can replace my kindle with a newer touch model for free.

Sounds good.

I still can't believe it, but when I arrived in Michigan last night... in my stockings I found tickets to the Winter Classic.

Everyone was laughing out loud when the saw the immediate surprise and shock on my face. All the hints about "pack to dress especially warm" suddenly made complete sense as well. Her dad is a Michigan alum, so they love the Big House and knew I'd be over the moon to go. This is going to be so awesome.

Uncle Phil (Fresh Prince of Bel Air) died today :( I don't usually feel any emotion when celebrities pass. Not because I'm a cold person, I just never feel any sort of attachment to them, but this one stung a little. Uncle Phil was a part of my childhood and I'm sure many of yours. 65 years young. RIP