• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

6 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I don't see that.  The whole point of putting Chytil in is to get some scoring from the 3rd line.  Kakko has always had good chemistry with Chytil.  If they were to play Chytil and Rempe I think Cuylle finds himself sitting for a game.  I think there is no way Goody, Wennberg, or Vesey sits.

also despite not really scoring as much, that third line has played VERY well. 

30 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I don't see that.  The whole point of putting Chytil in is to get some scoring from the 3rd line.  Kakko has always had good chemistry with Chytil.  If they were to play Chytil and Rempe I think Cuylle finds himself sitting for a game.  I think there is no way Goody, Wennberg, or Vesey sits.

I don't see it either, but the fact is he hasn't done dick. I don't think they're going to sit anybody on that line, but I wouldn't blame them if they did. 

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

also despite not really scoring as much, that third line has played VERY well. 

They’ve been excellent defensively. Their possession numbers are good.

Theyve generated chances. And they can kill penalties.

They need to finish.

Chytil can maybe help with that. 

5 hours ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Does anyone know if that story making the rounds about Sam Rosen has any truth to it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rangers/s/AFnok4lRDq

Hasn't been substantiated anywhere that I've seen, but y'all got connections I don't know about. 

In case anyone is interested, based on the radio play-by-play people announced, seems like there's some truth to the Sam Rosen thing:

Can't tell what disgusted me most: Emily Kaplans failed attempt to look like Jackie Redmond or the fact that I never had the feeling the Rangers could actually win this game. Game 2 is already a must-win. Otherwise this will be a short series.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Winner Dave GIF by Barstool Sports

That’s to be expected.

As much as that sucks… it happens all the time.

You sit around, after coming off a tight series and this happens. 

Happened to Florida vs Boston in Game 1 of their last series. They were dogshit in that game. Rangers weren’t dogshit last night. 

• Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Chytil was like the 12th problem last night.. If he were #1, I'd get the hand wringing.  the 3rd line is not the problem when your thoroughbred lines decide to run like donkeys. 

• Keeps it 100 2

The Bread Line is not optional for the Rangers if they want to win.

Panarin, Laf and Trocheck are really going to have to turn it on or the Rangers will be thoroughly outclassed and out of the tourney.

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

Chytil was like the 12th problem last night.. If he were #1, I'd get the hand wringing.  the 3rd line is not the problem when your thoroughbred lines decide to run like donkeys. 

The Rangers have done *really* well with Rempe in the lineup getting 6 mins a game.  They've been an average team with him not in the lineup.

Laviolette needs to deal with that.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

The Rangers have done *really* well with Rempe in the lineup getting 6 mins a game.  They've been an average team with him not in the lineup.

I agree.  It's the tone setter for the whole team and MSG.

I just don't know who to sit.

We'll be alright.

34th Division seem to be doing their job, wearing down D and creating chances.

Puck luck coming our way in G2.  Believe ! 

• Believe 1

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

Laviolette doesn't need to do anything other than dress the lineup he thinks gives them the best shot to win. Some nights that might include Rempe. Other nights it might not.

The thing is, if he dresses it needs to be more than 4 mins (yes, it does) and it needs to be because he gets in on the forecheck, establishes position in front of the net, can cycle, etc.

He can't dress because fans think he's a spirit animal.

• LOL 1

So Rempe is going to make Panarin more assertive offensively? Make Fox seem like a dynamic threat again?  Make Shesty save those two softies? 

Rempe will make Mikkola keep his head on a swivel on a couple forechecks- absolutely. I just don't see how Rempe is the magic elixir for the problems Florida presented last night. Rempe at 6 minutes per game is absolutely not what you need against Florida's depth. Rempe at 11 minutes of smart, great forecheck hockey? Absolutely but I'm not sure he's there yet as a player to give you that. 

I prefer Cuylle on the third line over Chytil at this point.  

Chytil has played 2 playoff games with a little over 21 minutes played with 1 shot on goal, 1 hit, 1 block and 0 for 2 on faceoffs.

Don't think now's the time for him to shake off the rust after such a long layoff.

If you don't trust Rempe to play 8-10 minutes then put Wheeler in there.  I rather see Wheeler than Brodzinski.

• Bullseye 2

I do think somewhere between foolish and unfair to expect Chytil to hit the ground running after missing 72 games.  I'm all for Rempe, but I'm jut not sure he's there yet. Wheeler was a glacier, but at this point its almost worth a shot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flynn said:

I do think somewhere between foolish and unfair to expect Chytil to hit the ground running after missing 72 games.  I'm all for Rempe, but I'm jut not sure he's there yet. Wheeler was a glacier, but at this point its almost worth a shot. 

Absolutely. Dropping him into a playoff lineup is ridiculous with more or less taking the season off.

• Keeps it 100 1