• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

So Rempe is going to make Panarin more assertive offensively? Make Fox seem like a dynamic threat again?  Make Shesty save those two softies? 

Rempe will make Mikkola keep his head on a swivel on a couple forechecks- absolutely. I just don't see how Rempe is the magic elixir for the problems Florida presented last night. Rempe at 6 minutes per game is absolutely not what you need against Florida's depth. Rempe at 11 minutes of smart, great forecheck hockey? Absolutely but I'm not sure he's there yet as a player to give you that. 

Deploying Rempe is a shot at disrupting a disciplined opponent. You want them to get distracted with Rempe, and get out of their structure. Rempe will have to break a few eggs to make that omelet, and undoubtedly Maurice will instruct everyone to ignore him, but that's the play.

• Keeps it 100 1

What truly stinks is that a healthy Adam Fox makes all the difference in the world. On the one hand, this is probably our best shot at a Cup in a while and for a while, and nothing is ever perfect. On the other hand, we're not exactly putting our best foot forward. Florida is completely healthy. In terms of relative importance to the team, this would be like Barkov skating on one leg for them. 

Sucks, because we're a different team entirely with him at his peak, and something is CLEARLY wrong. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

I do think somewhere between foolish and unfair to expect Chytil to hit the ground running after missing 72 games.  I'm all for Rempe, but I'm jut not sure he's there yet. Wheeler was a glacier, but at this point its almost worth a shot. 

We unfortunately don't have time for him to get his legs under him. Sit Chytil in my opinion. 

This guy did my work for me.

Vesey has turned useless. “Keep him in the lineup for 12 seconds of PK time” is a terrible reason to keep him in. He lost whatever drive he had from last season. He’s been bleh since February

54 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Not dressing Rempe against this team is a mistake. Lavi made the mistake in game 1 and now its looking like he will repeat it. Bad move coach.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Oops. Also strange because I do not recall seeing this line shakeup at any point last night.

I didn't think it was a lineup, I just thought it was a rotation because some people got their shift skipped.

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

This guy did my work for me.

Vesey has turned useless. “Keep him in the lineup for 12 seconds of PK time” is a terrible reason to keep him in. He lost whatever drive he had from last season. He’s been bleh since February

Vesey is another asshole who should be sitting for a 7th defenseman 

24 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Pack finished their post season with a sweep. However, that frees up Edstrom and Othmann, both of which looked good up here earlier in the season. Any interest?

Too many choices already IMO.

The Rangers need to figure out what is working when they're playing well and concentrate on that.

There's no time to experiment at this point.  Bringing Chytil back has already been an error as the Rangers are 1-2 in games since he returned.

And yes, he wasn't in for one of the losses but the team has looked worse with him in the lineup than they did before he returned.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I saw edges in the Laviolette/Drury presser.

Not big edges but I would be surprised if Drury is not pushing the Chytil button hard at this point.  Chytil has more value if he produces in the playoffs than if he doesn't play.  That's any GM's hallmark - pushing for more value if they believe the net effect is positive. 

Laviolette likely just wants to keep winning while keeping Drury happy and this is probably a bad time for the divide to show up in front of him.

Edit: just adding, the Chytil "in" thing only makes sense if Adam Fox is really banged up.  Even then you want to fix that problem not try to add talent elsewhere to make up for it.  Putting a player with recent physical issues in against a hard-hitting team isn't going to fix physical issues that another player has - it's just going to make you more likely to be dealing with physical issues in game.

Edited by Br4d

21 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Not big edges but I would be surprised if Drury is not pushing the Chytil button hard at this point.  Chytil has more value if he produces in the playoffs than if he doesn't play.  That's any GM's hallmark - pushing for more value if they believe the net effect is positive. 

Laviolette likely just wants to keep winning while keeping Drury happy and this is probably a bad time for the divide to show up in front of him.

Edit: just adding, the Chytil "in" thing only makes sense if Adam Fox is really banged up.  Even then you want to fix that problem not try to add talent elsewhere to make up for it.  Putting a player with recent physical issues in against a hard-hitting team isn't going to fix physical issues that another player has - it's just going to make you more likely to be dealing with physical issues in game.

I don't know how you make these leaps and logic with absolutely no evidence. 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Pack finished their post season with a sweep. However, that frees up Edstrom and Othmann, both of which looked good up here earlier in the season. Any interest?

I don’t think Othmann is close to an option. Edstrom probably doesn’t have a chance with Wheeler back in line now. Edstrom-Goodrow-Rempe would have been a fun line to get back together for this series though.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

33 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I don’t see any way that Drury is thinking about trade value in the ECF, and hard to believe he’s pressuring the winningest US coach in history to dress a player

• Bullseye 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Brucey Boy thinks the Rangers will be better

This is the only thing there that's accurate. 

Edited by Pete