• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

14 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Interesting to see how Bread does, considering Bob is his best friend off-ice. Gotta light him up. No quarter.

Don't underestimate the "Russian" connections.   Igor and Panarin vs Bob, Vlad and Dmitry.   Something to be said about these vodka-fed Reds having bragging rights.  Plus, it could be a literal win- or die-trying scenario.   You know, going home's a little sketchy these days.......

oops my Vodka Red Bull was a Schnookin Putin 

I know the kid wants to play but if there is one team and situation in the league that is just too risky for Filip Chytil and his concussion history I think it is the Florida Panthers in the playoffs.

I hope I am wrong but I think that this team as a matter of general principles is going to hit anything that moves and if they get down I have zero doubts that they are fine with late hitting/dirty hitting their way to a win.  I am concerned that Chytil is not ready for that and may never be ready for that.

16 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

I know the kid wants to play but if there is one team and situation in the league that is just too risky for Filip Chytil and his concussion history I think it is the Florida Panthers in the playoffs.

I hope I am wrong but I think that this team as a matter of general principles is going to hit anything that moves and if they get down I have zero doubts that they are fine with late hitting/dirty hitting their way to a win.  I am concerned that Chytil is not ready for that and may never be ready for that.

Totally valid.

But we are going to worry about him no matter what for the rest of his career given the history he now has. 

I don't know how Wheeler draws into this lineup. I feel like he is unneeded at this point. No way you can take Roslovic out; he's been consistently making plays. I suppose you could sit Kakko, who seems to be a passenger, but I don't know if thats the right move either.

Holy Cow, literally a bunch of pussies on here.

Fil will play, KK will shine, Fox does need this re-boot and Blake was slow in 2021.   Forget Wheeler.

Once again, line by line, goalie to goalie, we are the better team.  Period.   No matter who Peter puts out there.   I believe that 100%.

Coaching ?  Hmmm.  Tough call but I'd take Peter over Paul.    If we didn't have Peter, I wouldn't mind having Paul.     (I hear Phil actually likes Peter, Paul and Mary....🥰)

12 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

I mean, either he’s medically cleared to play NHL hockey or he’s not. His career is, or at least should be, over if we have to assess the level of physicality of each opponent before deciding to dress him. 

Sure, I’ll be wincing every time he takes a hit. You just have to trust he and the medical team know what they’re doing. Personally, in my non medically trained opinion, I think it’s pretty wild he hasn’t called it a day. But as long as he’s on the roster he’s either cleared to play anyone or nobody at all.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

We’ve been lucky with the injury bug so far (knock on wood) but it could easily be coming this series. Having both wheeler and chytil ready in case this happens is a luxury no other team has. Good problem. 

• Keeps it 100 3

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

We’ve been lucky with the injury bug so far (knock on wood) but it could easily be coming this series. Having both wheeler and chytil ready in case this happens is a luxury no other team has. Good problem. 

This.

Depth may just be key.  These "issues" have a way of working themselves out.  

Think of it this way, if one of our big guns goes down, who'd you rather have Chytil or Brodzinski?  At least Chytil theoretically, can get us a big goal in a big spot.  Same with Wheeler, if he's cleared.  Sure he's a step slower than he used to be, but he's a vet, he's seen it all...I trust him out there to help the team if he's needed.  Good problem to have.

I think we already played our toughest matchup.  The Canes have that smothering style that makes it feel like there's 40 fucking guys on the ice.

I can't wait to hear the MSG crown when these guys take the ice on Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think we already played our toughest matchup.  The Canes have that smothering style that makes it feel like there's 40 fucking guys on the ice.

I can't wait to hear the MSG crown when these guys take the ice on Wednesday. 

I might have to challenge this one a little bit homie. 

Florida is giving up the least amount of shots in the playoffs while also among the least amount of block shots. That says they play a stifling, swarming style. 

Which they need to, because their goalie stinks. 

• Like 2