• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Rangers have beaten the Panthers 6 of their last 9. We have won 4 of 6 against the “Tkachuk Era” Panthers. I went back to 2021-2022, since that was the year the Panthers really re-emerged and won the Presidents Trophy. Last season, they won all 3 meetings. This year, obviously the 3 games where either team could have won all 3. The back and forth affair in Florida with Quick in net. The game in MSG where Florida won on a bad Igor goal late. And then the shootout back in March when it seemed like ABC knew this was destined to happen.

I like the matchup. I would have preferred Boston. But the more I think about it, the more I like it. We found time and space enough to score against the Canes. Not discrediting Florida, but the way Carolina plays I think was a good warm up as to what to expect here.

Bobrovsky is obviously a few weight classes ahead of Andersen. So that will be a challenge. But I really feel like this is a series that our top guys will find time and space; more so than they did against Carolina.

This team is ready. It may be a slugfest but I think this is a series we’re going to come out of winning.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 5

Posted (edited)

I love the optimism on this board but come on guys we’re ranger fans this things going seven

That team for checks like a motherfucker and they are very hard to play against this is going to be a really hard fought physical series

they have some really world class scorers, big time goalie and a really solid blue line. Prepare for another two weeks of agonizing mental torture 💪

Still in the end I think we prevail which will be a good thing because what awaits in the west is going to be no easy task.

Wouldn’t have it any other way

Edited by Slobberknocker
  • Believe 1

The Panthers are a really tough matchup, no doubt about it.

But my believe-o-meter is through the fucking roof after how they turned game 6 around against the Canes.

I believe in this team and coaching staff.

Rangers in 6.

• Believe 1

8 hours ago, PucksOnNet said:

Gonna be tough.  Panthers are basically the Canes but with an elite goaltender

Hopefully we pass the flu bug to them lol

Posted (edited)

Don’t forget that other teams are looking at us advance saying, “Oh shit! NYR have the guns to beat anyone.” Our scoring throughout the lineup is a major positive. Nobody stopping us now. After the Kreider  display, anything is possible. We have real goalies too. 

Rangers in three!!! (FLA forfeits due to overwhelming offensive onslaught.)

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank
  • LOL 2
  • Believe 2

The Rangers have won the first three games in the previous two playoff games. The chances are they will do that against FLA as well, come back home and eliminate them on home ice @MSG. Rangers in five....

Before you know, it's time for the first game on next Wednesday....

7 minutes ago, PucksOnNet said:

Both are speed teams that are elite on forecheck

Florida is probably faster than us but speed isn’t their game. They’re closer in style to us than Carolina was. 

they’re a tougher team.

👏👏that’s why you play Rempe👏👏

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Rangers have beaten the Panthers 6 of their last 9. We have won 4 of 6 against the “Tkachuk Era” Panthers. I went back to 2021-2022, since that was the year the Panthers really re-emerged and won the Presidents Trophy. Last season, they won all 3 meetings. This year, obviously the 3 games where either team could have won all 3. The back and forth affair in Florida with Quick in net. The game in MSG where Florida won on a bad Igor goal late. And then the shootout back in March when it seemed like ABC knew this was destined to happen.

I like the matchup. I would have preferred Boston. But the more I think about it, the more I like it. We found time and space enough to score against the Canes. Not discrediting Florida, but the way Carolina plays I think was a good warm up as to what to expect here.

Bobrovsky is obviously a few weight classes ahead of Andersen. So that will be a challenge. But I really feel like this is a series that our top guys will find time and space; more so than they did against Carolina.

This team is ready. It may be a slugfest but I think this is a series we’re going to come out of winning.

I agree with you if the Rangers find more time and space which I think they will against Florida they’re going to score more. Igor obviously I think has to be the huge factor here if he’s on Florida is gonna have a very tough time. Nothing against Florida’s goaltender, but IGOR is definitely better. Let’s go Rangers.

• Applause 1

This is going to be a nasty ass series. All I can say is I hope the Rangers keep their heads up and stay vigilant cause Florida is going to do their best to hurt our key guys. Let's hope Rempe can be the deterrent that we all hope he is. Aside from that, this has all the makings of a 7-game marathon. 

40 minutes ago, Karan said:

This is going to be a nasty ass series. All I can say is I hope the Rangers keep their heads up and stay vigilant cause Florida is going to do their best to hurt our key guys. Let's hope Rempe can be the deterrent that we all hope he is. Aside from that, this has all the makings of a 7-game marathon. 

He won’t STOP it. But we’ll have an answer for it. 

I can’t stand when something happens in a game and people are like “SeE ReMpE dIdNt sToP it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Vegas played a very structured game and gave Florida fits last year in the Cup Final. Play with structure. Stick to the plan, get some timely goals.

so when you say structure, do you mean with or without salary cap compliance

1 hour ago, siddious said:

He won’t STOP it. But we’ll have an answer for it. 

I can’t stand when something happens in a game and people are like “SeE ReMpE dIdNt sToP it.

I'm with you but as long as people keep saying he's a deterrent others will continue to point out that's flawed thinking in their minds. Can he retaliate and instigate yep! Can he or does he deter anything it's a no from me. For example of somebody is going to run Igor Rempe from the bench isn't going to deter that. I also don't think anybody from FL is going to fight him willingly. Can he jump them, sure, giving them no choice. Are there ramifications to that especially the way he's being officiated, 100%. Would it be worth it, depends on the circumstances, but I don't believe in deterents in today's game.  

Regardless, let's go, drop the puck and bring it on. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Scott said:

I'm with you but as long as people keep saying he's a deterrent others will continue to point out that's flawed thinking in their minds. Can he retaliate and instigate yep! Can he or does he deter anything it's a no from me. For example of somebody is going to run Igor Rempe from the bench isn't going to deter that. I also don't think anybody from FL is going to fight him willingly. Can he jump them, sure, giving them no choice. Are there ramifications to that especially the way he's being officiated, 100%. Would it be worth it, depends on the circumstances, but I don't believe in deterents in today's game.  

Regardless, let's go, drop the puck and bring it on. 

Rempefications*

• LOL 1
  • Applause 1