• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

That's not how fatigue works.  Once they get there it's too late.

You know what the best way to solve possible fatigue? Keep playing the minimum or near minimum required games to advance rounds. I dont think anyone is saying to wait until they are in the 7th game of round 3 to swap things but when they are 6-0 thus far, it's hard to argue that anything needs changing lineup wise. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

You know what the best way to solve possible fatigue? Keep playing the minimum or near minimum required games to advance rounds. I dont think anyone is saying to wait until they are in the 7th game of round 3 to swap things but when they are 6-0 thus far, it's hard to argue that anything needs changing lineup wise. 

It's equally hard to argue that Rempe playing 10 out of 150 minutes is the reason they won.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

• Keeps it 100 2

10 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

It's equally hard to argue that Rempe playing 10 out of 150 minutes is the reason they won.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Except, I can just look to who our head coach is dressing as evidence that some of us aren't the only ones that believe in not messing with what's working. 

• Like 1

In a 2OT game Rempe played a season low (except for games he was kicked out of), and didn't see the ice for 2 and 1/2 periods after the second period.

Yes, I would agree that who the coach is playing is an indicator of what's working and what's not. 

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Brodzinski was everyone's blue collar hero until Rempe and now he's just an AHL player? What is Rempe then?

That's just lazy Dude come on. 

Ok, I give!  😉

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I can understand that point of view as well. It's not one that I share, but I get it. The team won something like 10 out of 12 games and they still moved Trouba to the 3rd pair. When the writing is on the wall, sometimes you don't need to actually suffer the L.

And again, for me it's not whether or not he's going to take a penalty that the hurricanes may or may not score on. This is now all about his deployment, or lack thereof.

The beauty of Rempe was his ability to take a (quasi) regular shift. The second he loses that, he's just another face punching goon that really doesn't have a role in today's game, especially in the playoffs against an opponent like Carolina. 

You might consider this splitting hairs, but moving a player down in the lineup isn't the same thing as removing them from it entirely. It's why the phrase "health bomb" exists.

Just now, Phil said:

You might consider this splitting hairs, but moving a player down in the lineup isn't the same thing as removing them from it entirely. It's why the phrase "health bomb" exists.

I don't know what health bomb has to do with the conversation, but the point is you can make changes to a winning lineup and if you can demote your captain you can sit a plug.

Health bomb = healthy scratch.

Demoting Trouba to the third pairing and/or cutting his minutes isn't the same thing and doesn't affect the players the same way as healthy scratching him. Same goes for Rempe (to a different degree, because he matters way less to the fabric of their room).

I know what a health bomb is, thanks. 🙄

I just don't get what bringing up the term has to do with anything.

No one is going to miss 4 mins of Rempe. They will carry on the same as they do after he gets ejected.

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Guys, they can still show Rempe smiling at a scrum happening, just from the press box instead of the bench or penalty box

if Rempe is out of the next game and they lose, it's going to be all your fault.  

• The Chyt! 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

In a 2OT game Rempe played a season low (except for games he was kicked out of), and didn't see the ice for 2 and 1/2 periods after the second period.

Yes, I would agree that who the coach is playing is an indicator of what's working and what's not. 

Laviolette was putting his main guys on extra shifts late before Rempe got here.   It's his MO to try to squeeze his best players for a bit more.

He's going to do that if Brodz is the 12th skater also.

The Canes skated 9 forwards in OT.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Is Rempe sits next game and they lose... Then all you have to do is put him back in. 

This team will never lose again*

*As long as Rempe is in the lineup.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Laviolette was putting his main guys on extra shifts late before Rempe got here.   It's his MO to try to squeeze his best players for a bit more.

I wouldn’t take Rempe out for Brodz. Only to get Chytil in if he’s ready

• Keeps it 100 2

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

I wouldn’t take Rempe out for Brodz. Only to get Chytil in if he’s ready

I'm not putting Chytil into a game unless I have no choice.

Risk of a series-changing injury is too high.

If it's not broke don't fix it.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I'm not putting Chytil into a game unless I have no choice.

Risk of a series-changing injury is too high.

If it's not broke don't fix it.

A series changing injury? As in Chytil gets hurt and that's a rallying point for the Canes to win the series?

I get the hesitation but if Chytil is flying and passing everything in practices, he's a major upgrade in the lineup and he's already shown he can be effective in the playoffs in the past.

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

A series changing injury? As in Chytil gets hurt and that's a rallying point for the Canes to win the series?

I get the hesitation but if Chytil is flying and passing everything in practices, he's a major upgrade in the lineup and he's already shown he can be effective in the playoffs in the past.

Series-changing injury as in Chytil goes down and the rampaging animal spirits the Rangers currently enjoy gets replaced by rabbits.

Edit: you know this vet group is very streaky and I wouldn't change thing one until it's obvious a change is required.

My best guess is that Laviolette as a 20 year coach on an amazing run will see it that way also.

Edited by Br4d

42 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Yes, because he didn't have Wennberg and Roslovic to push guys down the lineup. Now, he shouldn't have to. Brodzinski was a 3rd liner for half the year, but now he can't be a regular 4th liner for a few games on the road? I don't buy that.

Yes the Canes played 9 forwards last night. I'm not talking about the Canes and I'm not talking about last night. Rempe playing 4 minutes a games is a big enough issue in a 60 minute game, it's even worse when he sits in a 2OT game after period 2.