• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

I think this is tough. He looked alright in the first and didn’t play much after that. Looked slow against this team as we all predicted. I think if Chytil is ready this is the series I play him in and I put him in next game. If not, I think he’s just good enough at home over brodzinski that I’d rather have him in. 

But also we’ve won five in a row with him doing his thing. Tough choice.

I'd give Brodzinski a go. Rempes shine is wearing. The refs have his number when he does...well ...nothing at all. Love what he brings but I think we can give it a test for a game or two. However it is hard when we are winning with him in the lineup.

No I wouldn't, and it has almost nothing to do with Rempe. It's clear the NHL has mandated the referees call anything on him that's even vaguely resembling a penalty, and in some cases like today just completely made up stuff. Today also showed you just how important special teams will likely be in this series, and the wild disparity of 2/2 for the Rangers and 0/5 for the Canes is not something likely to be repeated. Can't risk giving them free PPs over a 6-7 minute a game player.

• Bullseye 1

It's definitely hard to considering the team's record, but I think you need to consider it on this stage against this team. Their skating just looks too much for him right now. That, and he's a target of the league and officials, which is annoying. Don't risk basically giving Carolina free power plays. Brodzinski is good in a pinch for a few games, but maybe not necessarily someone you want to play all the time, either.

4 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

Roll with it. He's in DeAngelos head.

I love this and want to see something bubble up between them which ends in DeAngelo learning a tough lesson. 

Posted (edited)

Abso-fucking-lutely!!

This kid has the "it" factor to him.  He's part of this team...and he's earned his spot.  You play him...every game...win or lose!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I love that he was laughing hysterically in the penalty box when there was a skirmish going on in front of it. 🤣

I sent that to like 5 ppl hilarious 

you can’t argue the team doesn’t play better when he’s in the lineup. 

we can’t out skate these guys but we sure as shit can out playoff-play them. Hit them. Grind them down. Brodzinski isn’t turning the tide in this series. Keep Rempe in.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I actually thought he played a pretty good game. There was one play in particular that wasn't anything super impressive, but while we were protecting the lead he skated out of our zone, gained the red line, and got it deep while absolutely being hounded by a Canes player. What I said to my family was "if that player wasn't Rempe's size, they'd have gotten stripped of the puck and it would've been back in our end." 

He's nothing flashy or impressive, but the team vibes are good and he's also not screwing up left and right. Not sure how you justify taking him out. Fourth line also had some real good shifts. 

24 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

No I wouldn't, and it has almost nothing to do with Rempe. It's clear the NHL has mandated the referees call anything on him that's even vaguely resembling a penalty, and in some cases like today just completely made up stuff. Today also showed you just how important special teams will likely be in this series, and the wild disparity of 2/2 for the Rangers and 0/5 for the Canes is not something likely to be repeated. Can't risk giving them free PPs over a 6-7 minute a game player.

BB, why can't NYR special teams dominate ?  I know Canes were tops in ST, but for this game they looked outmatched.

I'd play Matty for sure.  He is the tone setter, the enforcer and embodiment of this team.

I'd rather have my fourth liner be the punisher (4 hits) and if he draws penalties, so be it.  Afterall, he only plays 7 mins.

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

we can’t out skate these guys but we sure as shit can out playoff-play them. Hit them. Grind them down. Brodzinski isn’t turning the tide in this series. Keep Rempe in.

Yeah, I don't think the record with him is happenstance. They play with bigger balls and a little more oomph knowing there's a guy there who's watching their backs and will stick up for them.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

he’s running around, always chasing the hit, it eventually led to Carolina’s first goal

Which is why his shifts are under discussion. I say this as a pro Rempe guy 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

56 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I don't think the record with him is happenstance. They play with bigger balls and a little more oomph knowing there's a guy there who's watching their backs and will stick up for them.

44 minutes ago, Phil said:

Fuck yes.

See the above, fellas.....

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It's absolutely this. When the refs are looking to make a call, they look for the big guy and just call any contact.