• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

If he’s out- is it Brodz on the 4th.. Is it Chytil?If so, where does he play. The 1st would be shocking based on how well Roslovic is playing.. Goodrow/Chytil/JimmyV ? 

9 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The only way Rempe doesn't play next game is if Chytil does, but even if Chytil does, I'm not sure I don't just sit Wennberg in a 1:1 swap. 

Wennberg had 16:57 TOI in game 1, third only to Trocheck and Panarin among forwards. I can’t see Lavi scratching him after that.

Same lineup or Chytil in for Rempe (and Wennberg to the 4th line) should be the only two options.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Wennberg had 16:57 TOI in game 1, third only to Trocheck and Panarin among forwards. I can’t see Lavi scratching him after that.

Same lineup or Chytil in for Rempe (and Wennberg to the 4th line) should be the only two options.

Agreed. Chytil can play Rempe’s 7 minutes with the 4th line. That’s a great way to work him back in action if he’s ready. He doesn’t need to go top 9 out of the gate.

Edited by BrooksBurner

You know when I take Rempe out of the lineup?

Fucking never! 

I could give a fuck about the refs and their bullshit.  They're gonna make bad calls anyway...we know this.

That kid keeps them looking around and very wary of being plastered to the boards like a hieroglyphic! 

Not me baby!  That kid's here to stay!  He makes shit happen and we need that!  We've ALWAYS NEEDED that!

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You know when I take Rempe out of the lineup?

Fucking never! 

I could give a fuck about the refs and their bullshit.  They're gonna make bad calls anyway...we know this.

That kid keeps them looking around and very wary of being plastered to the boards like a hieroglyphic! 

Not me baby!  That kid's here to stay!  He makes shit happen and we need that!  We've ALWAYS NEEDED that!

Yea but nobody takes your opinion seriously. 

• LMFAO 1

7 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

The problem is that they probably wants "legal hitting to hurt"  to be either reduced or removed altogether and if they have to essentially ban six foot seven players in order to do that then so be it. 

7 hours ago, Br4d said:

The only way to get rid of legal hitting to hurt is to ban hitting altogether.  Not going to happen.

There is a big difference between hitting to hurt, and hitting to injure.   

Every shift you go over the boards you should be hitting to hurt.  You want the opposition to think twice when they go into the corner to retrieve a puck, becuase they know they are going to be hurting back on the bench after their shift.  That's what needs done in playoff hockey.

Hitting to injure should never be tolerated.

I am not a big fan of Rempe, but it would be hard for me to say to sit him. The whole team is hitting harder, than I've seen them for a long time. One could say that sometimes they are too eager to hit player and ready to start the skirmish. The Rangers had become much nastier during the playoffs, that needed to win games, just like most champions do. As long as it works, keep doing it. I trust Lavi in what he's doing, just get the second round of the playoff over by this Sunday. 👌

I play him in game 2 without question. 
I’m considering what to do with him for the two games in Raleigh though. They’ll be under severe pressure for stretches there and I’m not sure he moves well enough to hang in those games. 

Posted (edited)

Play him until you lose. Then what? Brodzinski’s 8 minutes a night are better than Rempe’s 6 minutes? Doubt. 
Chytil? Kid hasn’t played professional hockey at NHL speed in half a year. 

Bad calls or not, there’s no way I’m taking him out of the lineup. 

Edited by phillyb
misspellings
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Pete said:

Yea but nobody takes your opinion seriously. 

Good point!  LOL

...but you love me anyway!

Edited by Ozzy
  • LMFAO 1

Now that we’ve won game 2 it only makes this harder but the guy played 4m in a double OT game and was pretty much ineffective. I think you make a swap for game 3 in Carolina bring him back if there’s a game 5 at home. 

• Believe 1

Just now, Valriera said:

Now that we’ve won game 2 it only makes this harder but the guy played 4m in a double OT game and was pretty much ineffective. I think you make a swap for game 3 in Carolina bring him back if there’s a game 5 at home. 

I agree with this. Going on the road is the time to swap him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree with this. Going on the road is the time to swap him. 

I’m not against the idea honestly but at the same time are we putting chytil in or brodzinski? Because honestly if it’s bro I rather keep Rempe in. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’m not against the idea honestly but at the same time are we putting chytil in or brodzinski? Because honestly if it’s bro I rather keep Rempe in. 

Brodzinski. And I wouldn't, if you're only going to play a guy 4 minutes he's worthless. 

Brodz is JAG where Rempe sometimes can't be. 

Edited by Pete

Swap him for what? There's nothing to swap him for. Who cares if he plays 2 minutes? You want to play a guy that hasn't played in 6 months? He should be in Hartford on a conditioning stint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Brodzinski. And I wouldn't, if you're only going to play a guy 4 minutes he's worthless. 

Brodz is JAG where Rempe sometimes can't be. 

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Swap him for what? There's nothing to swap him for. Who cares if he plays 2 minutes? You want to play a guy that hasn't played in 6 months? He should be in Hartford on a conditioning stint.

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Brodzinski is bad. He will turn the puck over because he thinks he's an offensive player, but he's just bad. 

I dunno. Maybe wait for a loss or something.

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Brodzinski is bad. He will turn the puck over because he thinks he's an offensive player, but he's just bad. 

But he's a better hockey player than Rempe. The 4th line with was Rempe was consistently caved and couldn't play in Carolina Zone at all, which is the only thing that makes them valuable. They are certainly not a shutdown defensive group.

They need to play on the fore check and if they can't, then there's no value there. 

Rempe doesn't scare anyone on the Canes, because nobody's going to fight him, and he's not going to go Tom Wilson crazy in the playoffs.

Tough call for me. Kid literally played 4:03 last night in double OT, but here's the flip side of that - who's taking his minutes? Trocheck played 35 minutes last night. 

I think we need to ask if the extra time that the other players are getting is too much...are they showing weakness through fatigue? 

And if not (and I don't think they are), I don't see the case for sitting Rempe. If you sit Rempe in game 3 and lose game 3, then what? Back into the lineup for game 4?

Idk, team has 6 playoff appearances and 6 wins. ROLL!

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 2